Tuesday 18th woooo!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tuesday 18th woooo!

hey don't tell me I'm first up here today in AB land? no way.

I just got back to the house after completing an early morning assignment. the snow storm is delayed until tonight so I'm probably screwed for my wed earl morning assignment up in the high Sierras...oh vell.

feeling good and happy...cant' complain
    be well friends...I know yer out there.....
    nosce te ipsum
    (Know Thyself)

Tuesday 18th woooo!

Hi Det and all to come.
    Blooming cold in Glasgow, but no snow as yet........thank goodness.

Busy, busy, busy........this Christmas malarky sure takes some stamina. :H

Have a good day all.

Much love,

Starlight Impress x

Comment

Tuesday 18th woooo!

Hi All: I'm here & doing fine. Hit a few snags w/my grandma duties this morning, so thanks for starting this thread Deter...it means a lot to me. Even with a slight cold & a complicated life, it's hard for me to feel down, because I'm sober. I can't get over the fact that I have more Christmas spirit this year than any in recent memory. Again, just another positive result of not drinking. Being sober:
      -allows me to be more productive.
      -allows me to know when to say: "That's it, I'm finished." (which I am)

Mary
      Wisdom, Courage, Strength
      October 3, 2012

Comment

Tuesday 18th woooo!

Hi everyone

As you say Star, its busy, busy, busy. I am nearly over my cold so feeling good. Have a great AF Tuesday everyone

Rustop

Comment

Tuesday 18th woooo!

there you guys are

I was going to post quite early but was running behind a tad...was amazing to see I was starting the day. must be a blue moon!

I think I'm turning into a tea afficionado after all this talk of teavana.com too bad they don't have one in Reno. That's ok, mail order works fine. enjoying a nice oolong my sister sent me some time ago. it's probably gone stale by now but I don't know the difference. ignorance is bliss eh?
          put birdfeed out to give the little critters a little boost before the storm but they don't seem to be finding it...guess I'll have to demonstrate
          ok team....be well.
          nosce te ipsum
          (Know Thyself)

Comment

Tuesday 18th woooo!

Have to say hi to my dear Deter & all....

Deter-here in New England they predicted a warm winter-HAH! In the last week we had more snow than last winter put together. I still picture you in a sunny warm place but then again haven't made it to that part of the U.S. One day in a Winnebago...hmmm. Been to more parts of Europe than the U.S.. So I guess I'll make it a plan to visit you & DX when I retire-in about 20yrs in my Winnebago! LOL.

p.s. birdfeeders! Hubby wanted one for his own so that he can see it from his chair in family room. He set up a stand & asked me to get birdseed. Well he only wants "no waste" birdfood-so I go out & buy some. Well go figure I buy the ones with nuts & berries which clog the feeder! I feed my little finches which I love to watch from my kitchen window. His birdies-well....they have these gargantuan nuts & berries with seed.

Have a great AF day everyone!
            :flower: Change a life; make someone feel important. ................. ........................ ..................... ........................ ................. ....... sigpic

Comment

Tuesday 18th woooo!

cool Breez, curious tho..what is no-waste bird food? I just got a bag of what looks like seeds of all kinds. I'm new to the bird thing.
              nosce te ipsum
              (Know Thyself)

Comment

Tuesday 18th woooo!

Deter-if it has a lot of what looks like "yellow round seed" it is nothing but fill (for the bag) which birds do not like. Watch the feeder & see how they pick thru it. It all falls to the ground(the yellow& brown round seed). No-waste has nothing but true seed & none of the filler. It's true pure seed (a little bit more expensive) but you won't get all the crap they don't like on the ground & trust me-it lasts longer in the feeder (since they are not picking at all the crap & having it fall on the ground). It's a gimick. Pay a little more because at the end - all that filler food is just a waste & you pay as much.
                :flower: Change a life; make someone feel important. ................. ........................ ..................... ........................ ................. ....... sigpic

Comment

Tuesday 18th woooo!

Wow, birdies! Birdies provide my cats and me with endless diversion. I agree, Breez, they do seem to like the sunflower and bigger seeds much more. I always buy extra sunflower seeds and mix it in with the regular stuff, but I will check out this no-waste seed, too. I love my finches too, although they look pretty drab with their winter feathers.

Good for you for getting into birds Deter. They are pretty neat. Hope the winter storm doesn't blast you too hard.

Hi Starlight, Mary, and Rustop, I hope you had a great day.

I go pick Maddy up at school tomorrow.:yay: I wonder how long it will take us to start fighting?? At least a few days, I hope.

Be well all!

Hugs,:l

Kathy
                  AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Tuesday 18th woooo!

Kathy,

Awww. Enjoy your time with Maddy. So glad she will be home with you for the holidays.

Breez and Det,

I love to feed the birds, too. I buy large bulk bags at a local nursery. I am quite sure there is a lot of filler in it but the birds do so love the seed. However, for the very shy cardinals, I buy the bags of sunflower seeds. They love them and I love the cardinals. I spread those out on the ground for them. They add so much beautiful color to my yard. (The cardinals, not the sunflower seeds, sheesh)

Det, please be aware that the seeds are likely to sprout under the feeder. On my 9 acres, it just doesn't matter but in a yard it can get to be a mess if you don't deal with it.

Everyone else. I hope you had a wonderful AF day!!

I am so tired and simply cannot get to sleep. Grrrrr.

Love to all,
                    Cindi
                    AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Working...
                    X