Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dec 26

hey-o! Aberooos. it's a work day. crap how did that happen? LOL

holidays are just great for spoiling us and getting us out of schedule.
    alls good in this part of the world. had party round-2 last night and this time I just partook a little wine like a 'taster' and not a 'drinker' and I'm very glad for it. in my mind I will always be a non-drinker from now on. If I can get away with a few little gourmet tastes once in a while without it escalating then great. if not...then that's fine too I just retreat to strict AF.

one things' for sure...if I keep eating like this I'm going to try out for a sumo match soon...arg!

last night I made a pan sauce at a friends house and I had two people ask me if I was a chef and where I went to culinary academy hahahahah. I was charmed of course.

be well friends
    nosce te ipsum
    (Know Thyself)

Dec 26

Good morning AFers,

Good on you, Det, for just tasting. I sure wish I could. Sigh. I cannot.

btw, my enchiladas on Christmas Eve were a big hit, as a matter of fact, everyone loved them so much they were fighting for what was left, which was not much. I know you said "simple" sauce but it is one that seems to make everyone happy. Lots of fresh garlic at the start, though...

I had a wonderful Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. This year I decided to make things easy and planned meals that were not too difficult and had many things I could do ahead and just reheat.

What is hilarious, though, is that the "old standby" green bean casserole is one of the family's favorites. (I do add sour cream and shredded cheese to it.) and then the squash casserole with Cheezits.

Okay, we're rednecks!! However, we are fat, dumb and happy rednecks. :H

It sure was wonderful being sober this year and not the "drunk" I have been for the last two. No one had to step in and take over because Granny was too sloshed. (How embarrassing is that??)

Grandkids had a wonderful day, too. Playstation 3 at my house and a basketball goal. Wow. Life just cannot get better than that!!

Love,
    Cindi
    AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Dec 26

I did the green bean casserole, sweet potatoes, salad, ham and rolls. This time the ham was sliced and I just used Yoshida's Gourmet sauce and it was delicious. I made cheescake.

It was nice but I am happy it's over and on with sobriety. That sound awful. I was in the moment the whole time and enjoyed everything. I start school on 1-11 and will be working on abstinance.

Comment

Dec 26

Hi Deter, Cindi, & Jetta: I too had an AF Christmas which is starting to feel normal. I would never take a sip, because it would set off a nasty chain of events. The g-kids got so many toys they got overly stimulated & were practically catatonic by the end of the evening. It was a long but wonderful day. We're going to have the 2 little guys stay over night tomorrow & enjoy them here where it's not quite as hectic.

I'm looking forward to a totally AF 2008. I can say that now, because I actually feel I can do it. The only thing I haven't done yet is host a dinner or social event at my home where I serve wine/spirits. I know when the time is right I'll be able to do it.

I wouldn't be where I am today wo/MWO. Thank you everyone. Mary
        Wisdom, Courage, Strength
        October 3, 2012

Comment

Working...
        X