NEED A LIFE LINE!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NEED A LIFE LINE!!!

yep I agree with cindi and wonder and det. make a little plan of things you are going to busy yourself with. that way you won't have anytime to think about "you know".
    it's totally ok to be down sometimes. it's human.
    big hug mama stick to it it's damn good for you and your soul.

Trix
    You can't turn a pickle into a cucumber

Comment

NEED A LIFE LINE!!!

I think what happens is when you first start out quitting drinking, you are so focused on the first few days, or just the quitting part, and your goal is 30 days, which seems like an eternity....then you start adding up the days and start to really "feel" your sobriety. Pretty soon you are approaching 30 days and there's a part of you that thinks, "o.k.....now what?" And The Beast is very much still alive, hiding in seclusion...but he hears you thinking, and puts the thought of "drinking to celebrate...or....now we can try mods..." into your mind.....

Remember, all he wants to do is get you to think that taking a drink is an option....that's all,.... that it's open for discussion...

It's all a freakin' trick by The Dirty Rotten Beast.....

Don

Comment

NEED A LIFE LINE!!!

I know, Don.

But it is NOT an option - flat out NOT AN OPTION! So there!

Now that we have that straight..
        Face your deficiencies and acknowledge them, but do not let them master you. Let them teach you patience, sweetness, insight.

Comment

NEED A LIFE LINE!!!

Well, I think I figured out my problem yesterday. I have been taking L-Tryptophan, an all natural Amino Acid supplement given to me by my accupuncturist. It is for Mood stabilization, Sleep and Anxiety. I have been taking it for the past three weeks. With all that I have had going on with work, my separation, and the frist three weeks of AF, it was amazing how calm I was. I was feeling very, very grounded. I was meditating, exercising, working peacefully, everything was great.

Well, I ran out about four days ago and hadn't replentished. Interesting. I guess my body likes this Amino! I went and got some last night, took it and PRESTO - feel great today. Up with the birds, got an amazing amount of work done on the computer, turned on some music, I'm calm and I slept great.

I definately think this has helped me in staying AF!! No doubt in my mind! I was having some "thoughts" yesterday. Absolutely gone today. My mind is calmed down and I am in charge again.

Wow, that is amazing.. goes to show you.. gotta listen to your body!

it took a lot of trial and error with supplements for me, but this seems to finally be my ticket. I won't be running out of that again!

A very happy MM
          Face your deficiencies and acknowledge them, but do not let them master you. Let them teach you patience, sweetness, insight.

Comment

NEED A LIFE LINE!!!

MM,

Do you take the L-Tryptophan in the evenings? I was doing that for a while with 6 mg of Melatonin. What dosage of L-Trypophan?

Thanks for the info!!

Cindi
            AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Working...
            X