Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thurs. - Feb. 21 - Daily Thread

man!

Macks and Thankful, you got me all teary-eyed, that happens so easily right now at day 4...........but anything about our children makes me feel like SHIT!!! I really wish I had back all 16 years that I have had my eldest, he means the world to me, my little man!! He is so aware of alcoholism it is not funny.............ALWAYS notices if I have been drinking, always like a dad, reprimanding me for al..............:blush:

Hope he doesn't take after me or his dad, both of us drinkers...............me not for 4 days, and going on as long as I can!! If not for me, for David and Zac, my guys!

love and hugs.:h :l

MA
    :rays:My happiness is my greatest gift to others:rays:eace:

Comment

MA

I know what you mean..When i was drinking..and the kids had gone up to bed...I felt like shit, thinking what am i doing to them..They are such good kids...I have got 2 girls and 3 boys..
      Its never to late though..And making up to them..Well as much as we can..Will be a lot of fun..

We're both on day 4....Hopefully we will both be on the same day for a very very long time..

Good luck mate..xx
      I don't care who you are...Your not walking on water while i'm fishing..
      One drink is too many... A thousand is never enough...Sober since July 2nd 2009

Comment

Day 12 for me here, I nearly capitulated though, had a crap day at work and then discovered that I'd managed to lock myself out of our house and hubbo was out till 9pm...ended up dropping in at my parents who were both going out for the night and leaving me to my own devices with a full liquor cabinet. I managed to fight back the temptation to skim the spirits and instead busied myself with playing on their Wii!

Feeling very proud of myself so far...I helped hubbo empty the bin today and realised that I didn't have to worry about him seeing all the empty cans of 'gin and tonic' I used to buy...it's little things like that that make it worthwhile. Be bye paranoia!
        'The only people who give you a hard time (for stopping drinking) are those who used to look to your drinking to excess to legitimise theirs, and they'll find someone else to do that in time. '
        From an Amazon review of Allan Carr's ' Easy Way to Control Alcohol'

Comment

Thanks for the kind words Thankful, I'm A-OK and off early at the airport so I get to catch up on MWO yeah!! been busier than a one legged man in an ass kicking competition. Also cant wait to get home and make some real food with flavor...yeeesh.
          My workmate was hungover and feeling like crap today. The big boss came in to check on us and I was so grateful to be lively and chipper. More to be thankful about to AF lifestyle
          glad you are all doing well, and if there is someone not doing well don't let that keep you from posting on the boards....we have all been through all phases of this...nothing to be ashamed of.
          nosce te ipsum
          (Know Thyself)

Comment

One of the benefits of being AF is really being able to listen to my daughter when she speaks to me. I was pretty good at appearing to listen, but I would only catch about a third of what she would say. Now I hear it all, and we have some amazing conversations. She is 18 and away at college, by the way, but she will tell me that she is glad that I'm her mom and not like some of her friends' parents.

Another big benefit is that I have lost 20 pounds without having to diet in any major way in the 8 months I've been AF. I've just tried to eat healthily for the most part, but I've definitely splurged too.

My family and friends (even the ones that I used to drink with) are really proud of me; it really feels good!

AF just generally feels good. When I'm feeling down or bored, I sometimes think of a drink, but it only takes a moment for me to remember where I came from, and that usually takes away any desire for a drink....

Have a great night all!

:l :l
            AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

yep

Good job on AF yesterday everyone!!:goodjob: Yep, Mack let's stay on the same day (as much as possible w/ time differences!)

I'm with you, Love you guys, couldn't do it without each and every one of you!!!:thanks:

Thanks,

Love :h and Hugs:l !!!

MA
              :rays:My happiness is my greatest gift to others:rays:eace:

Comment

Working...
              X