Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Families and Alcohol

[FONT=Impact][/FONT
    I am 33days AF,it feels good, definately taking one day at a time, my family has a history of alcoholism, on both sides, out of 4 children, all in our 40s, 3 of us have used alcohol as a way out, stress, to sleep, etc, 2 of us have stopped, and its amazing how, without alcohol, life is not as stressful as we thought, just learning to deal with lifes ups and downs differently.
    I must admit, you either get, WELL DONE, or COME ON, 1 DRINK,WONT KILL YOU, my friends are big drinkers, and some just give no support, but over the last month, you realise, that they are jealous and wish, that they themselves could stop.
    My relationship with my husband is better, my relationship with my teenage children, is better,my relatioship with myself is better, these are my reasons to carry on being AF, have seen growing up with an alcoholic father, the damages to all relationships.
    Whatever a persons reasons for quitting, its worth it, save relatioships, they are worth it!!
    Fiona:angelgirl:

Enjoying sobriety since 27th May 2008

Its a long and winding road, but well worth the walk!

Families and Alcohol

FionaS,

Wow, 33 days AF despite friends who would egg you on. Good on you!!

I agree with the relationships, I hurt my hubby so much when I drink.

Glad you are here and thanks for sharing.

Cindi
    AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Families and Alcohol

Thanks

Thanks too, you inspire me w/ friends who are drinking and staying af so long!! WOW!!

MA:h
      :rays:My happiness is my greatest gift to others:rays:eace:

Comment

Families and Alcohol

GREAT JOB AND GREAT REASONS
        I'M A GOOD PERSON AND YOU ALSO; ALCOHOL STEALS THAT GOOD FROM US. FOCUS.:goodjob:

Comment

Working...
        X