Monday 21st April

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Monday 21st April

A very busy day around here....and that's great to see. It's always so helpful to realize,once again, that we are not in this alone.

I'm beginning to realize that the more I don't drink, the more I understand that I really CAN'T drink. It is hard in the beginning when we are unhappy without our good friend AL but even more unhappy when we drink. It's the old saying "damned if I do and damned if I don't". Little by little I'm beginning to see that life without wine can be quite good.
    Even if I go through a period of 30 minutes when I really want a drink it does pass and then I feel so much stronger.
    This week is supposed to be beautiful,weather-wise, and that can be a mixed blessing. Certainly it helps my spirits but then the old temptation of enjoying a glass of wine outside kicks in.
    I do find it extremely helpful to log on here, if only for 10 minutes, at those tough times between 4 and 7pm. Going through this thread and the long-term abstainers thread can provide inspiration necessary to get through the evening.

Good luck and happiness for today.

Janet

Comment

Monday 21st April

Top of the Monday ABers!!!

finally got a chance to come up for air...gasp! busy as usual.

SeenTheLight, I was at a pizza dinner with a bunch of clients a couple months ago and overheard one of the guys say that he doesn't trust a guy that doesn't drink. oh well. People like that are just ignorant and it's important we don't take that rubbish personally.

be well friends
      nosce te ipsum
      (Know Thyself)

Comment

Monday 21st April

Beck and Lorelei: Thanks for the encouragement! Bubble bath sounds great, and planning I will have to make part of my routine. I really appreciate your input. Onward! Nellie

Comment

Working...
        X