Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Friday 25th April

Morning all

Start of Day 6 AF for me today and once again I hope to get through the weekend without a drink - I am feeling quite positive - it's my hubby's birthday today so I have my AF beers in the fridge ready to celebrate with him!

Janice - I will be thinking of you today good luck and stay strong

Determinator - Enjoy the time while your wife is away - just think you can eat when you want, sleep when you want, have full control of the tv remote - think you should treat it as a holiday too (withouth the al of course!)

Hope the rest of you are all well - I will try and post this weekend but it's harder to get on the computer so if not have a great weekend and I'll see you all on Monday xxxxx

Friday 25th April

Hi

Just realised my comment for Janice was meant for Retteacher (sorry) Janice have a fantastic day at school xxxx

Comment

Friday 25th April

:hiya: Morning all,

well done on day 6 Seen, I really hope you make it through the weekend AF so then I can lavish you with praise on Monday .

Mary, my prayers are with you and your family today.

Hope everyone is well, I be back on later to see how everyone is.

Back to the garden for me, it's sooooooooo theraputic :yes2:

Take care
      want
      :h
      AF since April 8th 2008 :kudos::rays:

Snake....... come crawling,
      There's fire in your eyes,
      Bite me, excite me,
      I'll learn to realize.

The poison transmuted,
      Brings eternal flame.
      Open me to heaven,
      To heal me again.

Comment

Friday 25th April

Hi everyone

Mary, thinking of you today, stay strong. Everyone else big hello, have a really busy day ahead so just a quick check in.

Rustop

Comment

Friday 25th April

Morning Everyone!

Quick note as I am off to the beach with my girls today. Still too cold for the water but they have off school so might as well do something fun. They are going to want to shop at the beach shops - love having 4 girls - hate shopping!!!

Mary, will be thinking of you today.

Seen, you are doing great so far. Have a wonderful, clear headed, AF weekend.

Want, When my new home is finished I get to have a garden again. It is a great way to spend time.

Rustop, have a good busy day.

Hello to all to follow.
          Beck
          Beck

Sometimes you get there in spite of your route, losing track of your life and what it's about, the road seems to know when to straighten right out...Mary Chapin Carpenter

Comment

Friday 25th April

Morning everyone
            Almost the end of another month....Croft's group of April abstinence is hopefully looking towards the end of the month..I will have to check in and see how everybody is doing....
            Everyone here sounds like they are doing well.....Mary I am keeping you in my thoughts, hoping all goes well with hubby.....All to follow, have a great weekend and good luck with maintaining your goals..
            sobriety date 11-04-07

Comment

Friday 25th April

Good Morning Abbers,

Seen, stay the course this weekend. You are doing brilliantly!!

Want, Beck, RU - Good day to you all and have a happy Friday. It is so good to see all doing so well and up.

Det, I know you miss Dx horribly. The time will fly by and she will be back. Do something special for her while she is gone. Paint a room or do a task she has been putting off. She will be thrilled.

Mary - We are all thinking of you and praying for your hubby's health and quick recovery.

Kathy - Have a safe trip.

Everyone else, Happy Friday.

Yippee!! I get to go home today!!

Love,
              Cindi
              AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Friday 25th April

Good Morning Abbers!!

Your first weekend AF will be a crowning achievement and a moment to be proud of. Enjoy your hubby's B-Day celebration too!

Holy Smokes!! I got two key workers out today so I will be in the back filling in so no time to converse today and tonight I get to go camping in the rain storms with the Scouts again all weekend. So I will wish all my Abbers a great AF weekend!! See you all Monday!
                Is Addiction Really a Disease?
                Watch this and find out....
                http://youtu.be/ekDFv7TTZ4I

Comment

Friday 25th April

hi there lovelys, sry i havent been much around, ive just been bz, alot of things is changing so im planning my time. good luck to everyone and yes its near the end of the month.

its day 56 AF, im looking towards my 60 days celibration

i will try to keep on checking in with everyone, so take care all (((hugs)))

Comment

Friday 25th April

Hi Everyone, doing well here.
                    Reteacher- My thoughts and prayers are with you and your husband today. Hang in there, and hope his recovery is quick. You have lots of people thinking of you today.
                    Barebones- Hey- great to hear from you. We are almost at 60 days- can you believe it.
                    Det- Good luck while your wife is away. Having my husband gone is probably my strongest number one trigger. I can really empathize with how hard that might be. But at least you are anticipating the possible struggle and trying to plan for it. That can really make all the difference. Just think how good you will feel about yourself when she comes home. I'll be thinking of you , hang in there.
                    Beck- The beach sounds great.My boys just want to "hang around" with their friends this week so we haven't made it. I have two boys and one of them loves to shop. I love him dearly but going shopping with him drives me crazy. My husband and I think he becomes possessed when he shops he likes it so much.
                    4TheBoyz- What a great dad camping in the rain. I bet your boys love it.Hope you have a great time with them.
                    Seenthe Light, Want,Cindi,Charlee, Rustop- hi to you all, hope the weekend goes well for everyone. Be Well Everyone and Stay Strong! Aquamarine
                    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF YOUR OWN DETERMINATION
                    AF SINCE 3/16/2016

Comment

Friday 25th April

Morning all. Last night I went out for chicken wings (no beers) with friends. They all drank and I had Sprite. Worked out well. Nobody seemed to care. Tonight will be another test as we are going to a dinner party. Looks like I'm the designated driver for a change and my wife can have some wine. I have a lot of years of designated driving to make up for.

Wantrealmeaning. I love to garden as well although it is mostly fruit and veg. My wife does the flowers and stuff. I like to eat what I grow. She loves that show "Ground Force".

Good luck to all this weekend.

Comment

Friday 25th April

Oh Yeah, 15 days AF.

Comment

Friday 25th April

Aloha Friday ABeroos!

well done everyone on staying the course. I'm doing the same happy to say

after dropping Dx off I went to costco, satarbucks, computer store, gunshop, william sonoma gourmet shop, then the gym. am I keeping busy or what!? LOL
                          we had earthquakes here yesterday and I didn't know what was going on. I was in my car (parked) and suddenly the car would shake. I kept looking to see if kids were pushing on the car and I was really puzzled. come to find out this morning we had 90 minutes of earthquakes yesterday.
                          off to work for me....about 6 hours of driving today but at least I'll be home tonight.
                          Be well my friends
                          nosce te ipsum
                          (Know Thyself)

Comment

Friday 25th April

My back hurts like a sonofabitch today. I just wanna curl up on my bed and cry. I will probably leave work early but no medicial wine for me.....I shuold know better. The voice is chattering away so no is turning in to maybe. Ack! HELP!

Later all.

-lorelei
                            Suddenly I see
                            This is what I want to be
                            suddenly I see
                            Why the hell it means so much to me.

-KT Tunstall

Comment

Friday 25th April

Hi everyone....haven't had time to post until now, two really late nights have caught up with me and I'm shattered so gonna hit the sack!!! Mary, hope today has gone okay......I'm thinking of you, hope everything is okay. Might not have time to post tomorrow until late.....going to a garden show.....lots of cheap plants to buy .....go every year and it always sets me up for the season of gardening!!

love to everyone.......

Janicexxx
                              AF since 9 May 2012
                              Quit trying to control something that is uncontrollable (Bear February 08)

Comment

Working...
                              X