Pristine Self Care?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pristine Self Care?

Hello everyone. Been gone for some time. Got crazy busy, slipped back into old habits, though not as consistently bad as before, but not consistently good either. I need to get back to intelligent self care, hopefully pristine self-care over the summer. Injured my back at work (not drunk at the time, but under the weather after sleeping poorly probably because of drinking the night before, though I don't remember), got two weeks off to recover and to think about how I am treating myself. Kept up with the whole vitamin regimen all this time (does it make me a healthier drunk?), and back on the Hypno tapes, which I like. Glad to see so many oldy-moldies still here and lots of new names and avatars!

My confession: I'm a little hungover now as I consumed a bottle of Pinot Grigio last night - well, about 4 oz. went into the marinade! - but feeling a bit lousy and wanting to detox. Abbing is the plan for the rest of May!
    :h
    "There are two types of education... One should teach us how to make a living, And the other how to live.? ― John Adams

Pristine Self Care?

I don't know if I'll ever be able to be a successful moderate drinker. That's my hope, that eventually I can be like other people and be able to stop after one, and not have it snowball into every day drinking again.

This much I do know for sure - that I can never again deny that AL and I have a problem relationship. You have this self-awareness too, or you wouldn't feel so badly over a little overindulgence. Be glad of your awareness and your resolve. I know that I still need support - we're here!
    The untold want, by life and land ne?er granted,
    Now, Voyager, sail thou forth, to seek and find.

W Whitman

90+ days yay!

Comment

Pristine Self Care?

Hello Zincityzen!!! I remember you from when I joined this time last year.......welcome back!!!!

love Janicexxx
      AF since 9 May 2012
      Quit trying to control something that is uncontrollable (Bear February 08)

Comment

Working...
      X