Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Monday May 12th

Hi All,

It's amazing how coming back here, even after a few days away,makes me feel so much better. Yesterday was quite a nice day because I decided it would be a nice day. Get rid of the negativity and you feel so much better. Of course being AF and feeling more centered helps a lot. Just a few days AF, again,and already I feel my spirits lift.

It is indeed cold here in the Northeast. Besides being 15 degrees below normal there is a howling wind. Oh well, it's supposed to warm up and be more spring-like tomorrow.
    I won't individually address everyone but it certainly seems as if we are all in good company.

I must congratulate Beck on 100 days for tomorrow!!!!!!SUPERB!!!!

Have a good afternoon(evening in the UK)!!!! Will check back later.

Janet

Comment

Monday May 12th

Rustop: I am so glad you logged in & read the thread. I'm so sorry about your young cousin, but you were probably a very significant person in her life. I have a strong feeling that you eased those very difficult 22 months that she was sick.

I am right w/you on the comeback trail (only 4 days AF), but I feel a renewed sense of purpose about my life. I hope you do too. I'll be here every day I possibly can.

Mary
      Wisdom, Courage, Strength
      October 3, 2012

Comment

Monday May 12th

Rustop
        So sad about your cousin, and I am sure that was a very long 22 months for you...... glad you are back to posting...... you've been missed...Welcome back
        sobriety date 11-04-07

Comment

Monday May 12th

Hi everyone.......again late checking in.

Rustop I'm so sorry about your cousin.....take special care of yourself over the next few weeks as things catch up with you. We're all here for you so please stay close. Keep yourself busy; get out with your dogs and take some comfort from those lovely walks I know you enjoy.

Day 76 today and I feel strong regarding my sobriety......however I know I'm struggling to stay positive about things in general lately - maybe its something to do with the time of the year and Dad's anniversary approaching - anyway one things for sure is I know I will not drink.

Take care everyone.....catch you tomorrow

Janicexxx
          AF since 9 May 2012
          Quit trying to control something that is uncontrollable (Bear February 08)

Comment

Monday May 12th

12 Questions

These come from the 12 step group Marijuana Anonymous.
            If you substitute "drinking" for marijuana or dope use, the
            questions apply here as well. I have more than a "nodding"
            aquaintance with this group.

12 Questions

1. Has smoking pot stopped being fun?
            2. Do you ever get high alone?
            3. Is it hard for you to imagine a life without marijuana?
            4. Do you find that your friends are determined by your marijuana use?
            5. Do you smoke marijuana to avoid dealing with your problems?
            6. Do you smoke pot to cope with your feelings?
            7. Does your marijuana use let you live in a privately defined world?
            8. Have you ever failed to keep promises you made about cutting down or controlling your dope smoking?
            9. Has your use of marijuana caused problems with memory, concentration, or motivation?
            10. When your stash is nearly empty, do you feel anxious or worried about how to get more?
            11. Do you plan your life around your marijuana use?
            12. Have friends or relatives ever complained that your pot smoking is damaging your relationship with them?

If you answered yes to any of the above questions, you may have a problem with marijuana.

I think I have answered yes to all of them at one time or another.

In health, Sam

Comment

Working...
            X