Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saturday 17th May

Good Evening Abber friends,

Mary, if you are a slow learner, then I am completely learning disabled when it comes to alcohol!!

Janice, I spent Thursday through Tuesday morning with my 84 year old parents who were here for the wedding. The thought of the time when they are no longer with me saddens me beyond belief. My mom, like my daughter, is my best girlfriend. She always has been and always will be. My daddy is the kindest, sweetest man who walked the earth and has always been a champion of mine. When I lose them, it will be devastating. So, I truly know how you feel. :l

Everyone else, it sounds like all are on the path of sobriety. I used to think the word indicated a lack of fun and joy. Now I view it as a state of happiness, joy and serenity. I am grateful for everyday I go to bed sober.

All three grandchildren are over tonight. It is one of the "special sleepover" nights with Granny and Papa. Papa is already in bed and the three kids are bedded down on the couch in front of the "big" tv watching a video.

Brownies are cooling on the stove.

I hear sweet giggles, occasional battles and get lots of hugs and referee disagreements.

Tonight is one of those special nights when life feels good, I feel blessed and the world seems right.

The only thing I might wish for is a way to unplug their batteries when it is time for me to go to bed.

Love to all,
    Cindi
    AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Working...
    X