Tuesday 20th May

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tuesday 20th May

Congratulations to sidney and East on 30 and 60 days. There is a lot of determination here, even with those who are struggling.

Mary, I am thinking of you. You are now on Day 5 of CONSECUTIVE AF days. Even if you have had your slips, I cannot help but remember that you have had many, many AF days, as well. I know it must be discouraging to slip, so I hope that you are also remembering your accomplishments, as well.

Hi to all the Newbies who are joining the 30-day thread. It's a great place to be!

AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Tuesday 20th May

YAH: Many thanks for your affirmation. I do know that the long AF stretches were not for naught. However, I want my sobriety date to be the real McCoy. I'm doing much more w/mwo than I was. I log here as many times a day as I can for at least a few minutes to read & respond. I know you were here for a while before AF really "stuck." I take a lot of heart from that. I know the false starts I've had have been learning experiences. Mary
      Wisdom, Courage, Strength
      October 3, 2012

Comment

Tuesday 20th May

Lila, wish I had some good advice for you. You know that drinking through it won't help. Stay strong.

D-Cat, Now that you've stated your new goal of 6 months - there is no going back!!! We'll remind you if you feel like bailing. I think it is actually a good strategy.

Beck
        Beck

Sometimes you get there in spite of your route, losing track of your life and what it's about, the road seems to know when to straighten right out...Mary Chapin Carpenter

Comment

Tuesday 20th May

Lila,

Hang in there, drinking only makes the problems worse. Take a walk, listen to some music and wash dishes.....vacuum the hell out of the carpets. A little physical activity always makes me feel better and think more clearly too.

on my way
          Was an alcoholic yesterday, an alcoholic today and will still be an alcoholic tomorrow..... but I'm in charge now!

Comment

Tuesday 20th May

Thanks Beck and OMW,
            Sharing this here really helps a lot, too, because I want to put it somewhere before my kids get home. It is Day 21, the habit forming day, I was going to get nice dark beer, but then I would feel like I couldn't make it.
            I feel normal now, sort of.
            Lila

Comment

Tuesday 20th May

Lila - I'm chasing you (at day 20 right now) so don't drop all the hard work you've just powered through. Stay strong and hit the chat room if you start to feel weak.

We're thinking about you!

Comment

Tuesday 20th May

Heya AB friends! I'm alive and well

just got back from my first AA meeting on a boat...hows that?
                everything is super fun and we are spoiled rotten. sorry to be so brief but I'm just not sure how long
                this connection will hold.
                love to you all XXXXXXXX
                nosce te ipsum
                (Know Thyself)

Comment

Tuesday 20th May

OK, DL, I will. Too bad the liquor stores are closed now!!! Welcome back DT!

Comment

Tuesday 20th May

Deter! Alaska? Did you leave via Vancouver?

Have FUN... the drinks on the ship are Crap and wayyyyyy over priced. Nothing worse than a hangover in rough seas!!!

Skoots
                    "I have not failed - I have just found 10,000 ways that won't work"- Thomas A Edison

Comment

Tuesday 20th May

Amen to that Skoots! no hangovers for me thanks I've officially beat my record of 104 days....well by 36 minutes. wooo woooo!

we left by way of San Fran...coming back through BC though I believe.
                      nosce te ipsum
                      (Know Thyself)

Comment

Working...
                      X