Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wednesday 21 May

Good Morning everyone,

I've already had my run. Decided to do it right after I took the girls to school so it doesn't get crowded out by all the stuff I have to do today. My girls team won their soccer championship game last night - one minute left and on a penalty kick. Yep, memorial day weekend. You would think people would be used to me not drinking by now - but I'll be asked. I usually make a smart ass half-truthful comment. My favorites - I gave it up for lent and I don't drink very well Leaves them perplexed and me amused.

Exercise I need to be consistent - anything you guys want to do and I'm in. I too have been one of those people who has held onto sobriety partly b/c I didn't want to come here and own up to it. Positive peer pressure is a great thing.

I also tend to be an insomniac - tried melatonin and benadryl and I always feel hungover in the morning. Hate that.

Cowgal, hang in there.

Lila - you are doing great even though it is tough.

D-Cat -

Hope your weather improves Char and the rest of you in the NE

Good Day everyone,
    Beck
    Beck

Sometimes you get there in spite of your route, losing track of your life and what it's about, the road seems to know when to straighten right out...Mary Chapin Carpenter

Comment

Wednesday 21 May

Hello, Everyone,

Jumping in quickly. Must get back to work.

Great to see so much enthusiasm and good attitudes.

Mine has been bad for the last few days. I was sick, so that may be part of it.

Doesn't matter. Good or bad, I must stay sober.

Love to all,
      Cindi
      AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Wednesday 21 May

Hey Beck, if all of the people I've told different stories to about why I am not drinking get together, There are sure to think there is something seriously wrong with me. :H

I am in on any exercise thingy. Already doing it, but love the support you people give. :l

Mo.

Comment

Wednesday 21 May

Happy Wednesday ABeroonies!!

another loverly day AF on the seas. pulled in to Astoria Oregon this morning and just got back after walking all over this pretty old town. glad to be walking a lot after eating so very much...overeating is just part of cruising I guess
          seeing blackberry vines today was a real flashback to my youth. Don't have those in Reno.

Onmyway, some AF wines are better than others that's for sure...just have to experiment. since I like more dry reds I tend to like the "Rouge" which is made by J. Lohr. Honestly though I've got a bottle in the fridge that's been open for months. last night here on the boat I had some of the "FRE" red which wasn't great but it wasn't bad either.

glad to hear the ABs crew is hanging tough...we CAN and we MUST do this!!!!
          nosce te ipsum
          (Know Thyself)

Comment

Wednesday 21 May

Evening Abs friends,

It is good to read of the progress here and see the motivation in action. Keep it up. I too have benefitted from a consistent commitment to exercise while remaining AF. I find greater prupose in it AF. It is what our bodies were ment to be: in action, healthy and free from things like alcohol that set us back.

In a simple sense the daily routine of exercise fources us to see ourselves as we really are and, for me, the drinking just blurred that reality. I enjoy and can handle the reality of being a 46 year old runner who runs slower up the hill now than I once did. I enjoy the simple pleasure of exerting myself. There are many days that are frustrating (tonight I'm nursing a sore back that has come seemingly out of nowhere), but the norm is a clear mind through sustained physical effort.

Good night friends.

July

Day 300 AF

Comment

Working...
            X