Abbercise may 19-25

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Abbercise may 19-25

Here it is!! The first official Abbercise thread. I purpose anyone with anything to say about exercising while abstaining put it down here. If it?s only to say you got off the couch to change the channel, great, that?s a start. If you want to talk about yoga or just ran your first 5k, kudos to you. Know of a great kick boxing video, name it. If you just finished an ironman, you?re on your own?.just kidding. The point being I see all the great progress we?ve made with the support of others. I say we do the same with our exercise habits. Make it a daily habit or maybe every other day, "just do it"!! I realize there is a focus on fitness thread but I somehow feel we are a group with special circumstances and maybe a few more unique issues. Let?s start a new thread on Monday morning, first one to post starts it!! Best to you all,

On my way
    Was an alcoholic yesterday, an alcoholic today and will still be an alcoholic tomorrow..... but I'm in charge now!

Abbercise may 19-25

Great idea On my way!!!! Count me in!!! Janicexxx
    AF since 9 May 2012
    Quit trying to control something that is uncontrollable (Bear February 08)

Comment

Abbercise may 19-25

Alright, alright, I?ll start this out. I am watching one of my kid herd play the latest acquisition to their Wii game system. Wii fit, came out this Monday. OMG it?s a hoot, I will definitely be playing with it later (when kids are not watching me). Oh yah, while jogging slowly this morning, I saw a Falcon cruzing along, I love living in the middle of the sticks!! Also glad was not not hung over, running while hanging is not fun. Here to sobriety!!

On my way
      Was an alcoholic yesterday, an alcoholic today and will still be an alcoholic tomorrow..... but I'm in charge now!

Comment

Abbercise may 19-25

Ok, I'm in. I did a 3 km walk to the dog park and back. Then 40 minutes on the elliptical machine for aerobic exercise. I'm down 15 pounds since quiting drinking to boot. :banana:

Mo.

Comment

Abbercise may 19-25

I am already in. Plan to resume my PACE running program every other day and I do at least a tiny bit of yoga *every* morning. I do strongly endorse Yoga and if you can try anything, squeeze in just a Sun Salutation every morning as it is a great way to start the day and you should see some benefits very quickly. Takes less than *4* minutes to do one on each side and do 3 - 5 reps for some real fun. Here is a description and link to an easy to follow how to with optional poses for the beginner...

Benefits:
          Sun Salutation is a powerful practice when undertaken on a regular basis. Moving through the sequence of postures that make up the Salutation stimulates every major muscle group in the body, and increases circulation. Regular practice promotes limberness of muscles and joints, as well as strength and balance throughout the entire body.

Sun Salutation - Surya Namaskara - Step by Step
          Is Addiction Really a Disease?
          Watch this and find out....
          http://youtu.be/ekDFv7TTZ4I

Comment

Abbercise may 19-25

Okay, I'm in. Did a 3 mile run this morning and for fun after school - played badminton with my 13 year old for about 25 minutes. Boy was that fun!!! I beat her and she has demanded a rematch.

Beck
            Beck

Sometimes you get there in spite of your route, losing track of your life and what it's about, the road seems to know when to straighten right out...Mary Chapin Carpenter

Comment

Abbercise may 19-25

I love to run....it clears your head, gets the blood flowing, gives you a chance to think about everything or nothing...

When I quit drinking, especially the first week or so, whenever I was having a hard time, I would go running. Sometimes I would have to make myself do it...but it ALWAYS took care of the "white knuckle" feelings/cravings.

I very much believe a form of exercise is so beneficial when beating The Beast....

Don

Comment

Abbercise may 19-25

I love to exercise, and it definitely helps to keep Al at bay. I have been going to Curves 3 - 6 times a week for about 2 1/2 years, I walk the dog at least twice a day, and often leave her at home (because she's eleven years old and can't go miles and miles) - and I can walk about 5 miles over the course of an hour or so. In the summer I play golf, and just joined a ladies Tuesday afternoon league. My hubby and I also golf together several times a week during the summer. This winter we plan to buy cross country skis, there are trails all over the place here. And if all else fails, there is an exercise room in the condo complex I live in, and I will go down at night and spend some time on the eliptical machine. Benefits - keeps me slim (not drinking also helps!) and makes me feel GREAT!!!! So much easier to be AF when you are on a natural high!
                The furture lies before you like newly fallen snow - be careful how you tread it, for every step will show.

Comment

Abbercise may 19-25

what I did this week!

I need this one so thanks! Really hope that it keeps:jumpin: going !!!!

Monday - swam 1km
                  Tuesday - 30 minutes at gym (1km on treadmill, 10 mins on elliptical, 13 minutes on bike)
                  Wednesday - circuit with a bunch of 7 other crazy women that go to my gym!
                  Today - walked a zillion miles around health food shops and Chinese pharmacies looking for Kudzu!

I know that I feel so much better when I exercise - the worst part is getting there and putting my gym shoes on but after that it isn't so bad! I figure that even if I can get there and sit on a bike and listen to something on my i-pod for 30 minutes then it is better than nothing.:jumpin:
                  Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

Abbercise may 19-25

I'm in - My plan today is some yoga and boxing (yes, I'm a Gemini). :H

I don't think I've lost much, if any, weight since I stopped drinking, because I definitely upped my intake of ice cream (finally emptied the freezer of it last night). Today is my start date to significantly reduce the fat/sugar intake.

Hope everyone has a great Thursday.

Comment

Abbercise may 19-25

Well, my exercise plan for the day is to go golfing this morning (it counts ). Tonight I am swimming 400m of breast stroke. I injured my rotator cuff and find the front crawl a little difficult right now.

Should we be forecasting ahead, or posting yesterday's activities?

Mo.

Comment

Abbercise may 19-25

work out

Played tennis this AM usually play 4-5 times a week. On my 6 day af feeling more energy thats a good thing. Funny how you start to look at life. I would win a tennis match in the past and want to go out and celebrate,would lose a match and would want to go out drinking to get over it, totally negating the physicqal work out.Now win or lose I am enjoying the physical workout, and the people I play with who live a healthy lifestyle

KC
                        Stay Healthy and Keep Fighting
                        AF 5-16-08

Comment

Abbercise may 19-25

I quite like doing a bit of planning ahead myself ..... helps to keep me ont he straight and narrow!
                          Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

Abbercise may 19-25

Today I managed another 3 miles and a badminton rematch with the kid- funny though she didn't want to keep score today.

Beck
                            Beck

Sometimes you get there in spite of your route, losing track of your life and what it's about, the road seems to know when to straighten right out...Mary Chapin Carpenter

Comment

Abbercise may 19-25

Hey Y'all,

I won't be posting next two weeks, as my son and I leave tomorrow on an
                              extended, unsupported, bicycle road trip. The plan is to ride about 75 miles
                              a day and camp out [ carrying gear on the bikes ] for 16 days. We are leaving
                              Chester County, headed down the eastern shore of the Chesapeake crossing
                              to Va below Tangeirs Is. Then West. I guess we will regroup then.

Its been chilly here and I was working second shift, so I did not get much
                              chance to get in road shape... Should be " Interesting ". I hope the 30 year old
                              does not beat the old man up too much.

Sorry that I have been keeping a low profile, but I still check in.

With love and wishing all good health, Sam

42 days and one drink from addiction

Comment

Working...
                              X