Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Booze Beast Lie #2 - Let's Quit Tomorrow! (this topic is courtesy of Larisa!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Geez. I would reveal the number of times I was going to start AF tomorrow, except I can't count that high.

Boy, long after we KNOW that we are problem drinkers, how 'BOUT those many carefree sloshed up days of guilt free drinking because "today is the last day! Tomorrow I quit!"

Thank you Larisa for pointing out this Big Fat Lie on the Booze Beast Lie #1 thread. Man - we are going to have LOTS of threads to read, to keep us grounded when temptation strikes, aren't we.

Can I hear an A-M-E-N for Booze Beast Lie #2????????

DG
    Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
    Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

DG & Larisa: Before I found MWO, I couldn't even count the number of times I said: "I'll start tomorrow or my birthday, anniversary, New Year's Day, Mother's Day, whatever." The drinking I did before those significant (but ultimately unsuccessful) start dates was very heavy. I had to get my drinking in before I stopped for good...only to start up again in a couple of days.

Even after I came here to MWO, the first 3 months were very heavy binging months. The long periods of AF I had last year & this year (unfortunately puctuated by some lapses), did help me see that I could stop drinking.

What has saved me is that I never left MWO, even after relapses. It was humiliating & embarrassing to come here & say I'd been drinking, but I'd be so much worse off if I hadn't.

At this point, I don't want to say when I stopped drinking. I want some serious time under my belt before I say any kind of number. I'm just grateful that I was sober today & will be sober tomorrow.

Mary
    Wisdom, Courage, Strength
    October 3, 2012

Comment

Well, thanks for the credit, but I'm sure plenty of us have been there. A popular one for me has been, well, I've already screwed up this week, might as well "enjoy" the weekend and start again on Monday. Or when tomorrow (i.e., quitting day) rolled around, I'd eat something unhealthy for lunch, so, well - blew it, might as well get drunk tonight and start out fresh and healthy tomorrow. Or, today's NOT the day to quit, too much stress at work, better be tomorrow. Nope, not today...boyfriend's on my case, need to drink...can't quit on a Friday - that's just begging to fail!!! Or when I'm depressed, lonely, nervous, celebrating, tired, mopey, angry, frustrated, etc., etc., etc...

If I can just keep from drinking through the topa...God grant me the serenity to NOT drink through the topa...day 3 AF on 200 mg...

Comment

Oh, BTW, I have 3 doggies myself. And, um 3 kitties. And 8 goldfish.

WHAT???!!!!!

Comment

DOGGY LOVE!! (and kitty and goldfish love too!)

DG
          Sobriety Date = 5/22/08

One day at a time.

Comment

Funny, there are at least as many today's as yesterdays - how come we never decide to quite today? And just think, if we'd decided to quit yesterday, we would have the first tough day under our belt already!
            The furture lies before you like newly fallen snow - be careful how you tread it, for every step will show.

Comment

Hannah;342030 wrote: Funny, there are at least as many today's as yesterdays - how come we never decide to quite today? And just think, if we'd decided to quit yesterday, we would have the first tough day under our belt already!
              Most excellent point!

DG
              Sobriety Date = 5/22/08

One day at a time.

Comment

:bump:
                Sobriety Date = 5/22/08

One day at a time.

Comment

DO IT TODAY !!!! HA! IAD.
                  ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
                  those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
                  Dr. Seuss

Comment

The other booze beast lie that goes along w/this one is:

If I'm going to quit tomorrow, I might as well get really blasted today. I might never have the privilege of blacking out, passing out, throwing up, etc. ever, ever again. Poor me. I might have to know what's actually happening in my life.

I'm quitting today. And I am not going to drink tomorrow. Mary
                    Wisdom, Courage, Strength
                    October 3, 2012

Comment

As you can see at the moment im reading through these booze beast lie threads because they are so TURE!

OMG my mind dont think about tomorrow ok sometimes. i always say to myself i will quit on mondays soooooo i can have a good session of drinking during the week and at the weekends.

Well today im 1day AF......reading through booze buster lies really helps me right now.

Thank you.
                      Love
                      Teardrop.x
                      family is everything to me

Comment

My Beast has been telling me, "You have quit before, You can start drinking again and quit later!"

That one has had me on a roller coaster this summer...but no more because I realize that it is lie numero uno!

Thanks for a great thread!!!!!!!
                        "I've done it. I don't need to drink anymore. I'm free!"-Jason Vale

Comment

Working...
                        X