My Big Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Big Day

It's day 6 for me!!! And that's so important only because it's one day more than I ever managed to get in three years of AA!!!

Not bashing AA, not their fault...just freakin happy today!! Maybe there's hope yet.

My Big Day

That is great and i bet you feel good. Today is a turning point, don't look back. :goodjob:

Comment

My Big Day

That just makes me feel joyful!
      sigpic
      Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

My Big Day

Thank you both! I don't want to turn back. I want to grab the momentum and keep going forward. Life can be so much better than it has been, I just know it.

Comment

My Big Day

Larissa - totally awesome! Keep on going, girlie!
          The furture lies before you like newly fallen snow - be careful how you tread it, for every step will show.

Comment

My Big Day

Larisa,

Well done - glad you are here. Onwards!

Beck
            Beck

Sometimes you get there in spite of your route, losing track of your life and what it's about, the road seems to know when to straighten right out...Mary Chapin Carpenter

Comment

My Big Day

Larisa,
              This is awesome news. You are right there is always hope.

Comment

My Big Day

Larisa, huge congrats to you! yes it does get better. much better
                nosce te ipsum
                (Know Thyself)

Comment

My Big Day

Wonderful!

Comment

My Big Day

Yes, you have indeed turned a corner -- and often it is the first 5 days that are the hardest, so you are finally over the hump. The first one, anyway. Keep going with that momentum!
                    Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

My Big Day

THAT IS WONDERFUL......FULL SPEED AHEAD TO A NEW LIFE!!!!!!! EVIE
                      sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

My Big Day

Hi Larisa
                        Hey, me too. day 6 for me today, and I feel so much better already. Good for us and onward and upward!!
                        Pip
                        Pipsqueak

Comment

My Big Day

Thank you, thank you!!! The support on here is amazing, in good times and bad (I've read like a maniac). The weird thing, it hasn't been that hard! I'm doing the topa, the supps, no. 2 hypno cd about 3 times/week, the sublimimal when co-workers go to lunch, the sleep except on weekend when bf stays over. Had bad night sweats the first two nights - thought I'd had an accident! Get a little grouchy, but GABA and Adrafanil nip that in the bud. Nasty flaky red patches I've had ringing my eyes for months (allergies!!) have gone away (miraculously cured!). Lost five pounds since Tuesday. Remembered that going to bed is a special time when you turn down the sheets, kiss your babies good night (4-leggers, in my case), read a good book by lamplight, turn out the light, pray, and drift off...

Wow. I sure hope I'm not crazy enough to go back to that insanity. Thank you again for all the love vibes. I'm feeling it here down South!

Comment

My Big Day

Congratulations Larisa!! :cheering:

How cool that you are a day further than you ever were before. Way to step out and git 'er done!!!!!! You sound so happy and I'm happy for you. You are right - it IS so nice to go to bed like a normal person with a normal routine rathe than the passing out style of going to bed at night!

Here's to a great AF weekend and looking forward to the week ahead!

DG
                            Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                            Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

My Big Day

Larisa: Keep it up. Each day AF is a new you forming. Mary
                              Wisdom, Courage, Strength
                              October 3, 2012

Comment

Working...
                              X