Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Skootie needs a hand from abs land... if you will have me, that is!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Aberoonies ( a Deter'ism),

Tomorrow, I am embarking on a journey of AF. I am going to need some help- a hand holding of sorts. I have done 30 days, A FEW TIMES, in the past... always on my own. I feel like I need to be done with AL, FOR GOOD... but I now know, that perhaps, I need a room full of cheerleaders ( aka, ala AA.... a Sponsor, of sorts ) to stay AF for good! It's a BIG step for me to ask for help, so, please, can some one humour me for a good while?

Thanx,

SKOOTS
    "I have not failed - I have just found 10,000 ways that won't work"- Thomas A Edison

Hey Skoots,
    I'm on day 2 AF of a 30 dayer... I've tried multiple times too. I think coming here is going to be a Huge help. Hang in there. I know I don't have a lot of wisdom yet but we can strengthen each other.
    I know for me I need to change some routines that are wrapped in wine.. t hat is what is going to be hard. day 3 and 4 seem to be when My stupid head starts playing the game of ... " you can handle one drink.. keep postin.
    May our choices today not result in regret, but rather be wise

Comment

Hi Skootie,

I have lived in ABS land for 4+ months. Unfortunately I will be off the boards while I move house for a week or more starting tomorrow. I'll be happy to be a cheerleader upon my return. Recommend you join the daily ABS thread. Some really great AF folks there. I have often thought that it would work well if folks paired up around here. Charlee, Janice and I have quite a bit of AF time.

I think it takes guts to ask for help, good for you.
      Beck
      Beck

Sometimes you get there in spite of your route, losing track of your life and what it's about, the road seems to know when to straighten right out...Mary Chapin Carpenter

Comment

Welcome to the life of ABS, Scoots!

There will be tons of us who will hold your hand.

Anytime you need anything, you come a hollering. It is a roller coaster ride, but one worth taking. Many ups and downs but being AF is a lot better than being hungover, and feeling like crap all of the time.

:l

Comment

Skootiemom,

By your join date you have been around here for some time. I am happy to join in as a helper this summer as you find your way to AF. My goals last summer were simple but scary, for me. Just writing the words 30 days AF as a goal took all the courage I had. Then my second goal was a life commitment to being AF if I could find my way through goal one.

I'm here to help.

July

Day 318 AF

Comment

Thanks all... if someone could PM me, daily... or heck, alot of you, that would be great! It takes a village? Seriously, a deepfelt- THANK YOU! I am supa mom, don't you know, so yes, this takes courage!

Skoots
            "I have not failed - I have just found 10,000 ways that won't work"- Thomas A Edison

Comment

Hey Skoots

Honey, you are always a sight for sore eyes!
              There are lots of people here who will cheer you on.
              :l:l:l
              Nancy
              "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

Hey Scoots! Were all here for you! You might want to check in daily with the Sober 1 -30 thread that Wonder World started a while back. It is a popular thread and many here started there successful 30 day runs on it! Lots of great support!

The best is coming your way!
                AF since Jan. 1, 2008 .... It all began right here

Raise your hopeful voice, you have a choice, you made it now.

(from the Movie "Once")

Comment

Skootie - I am cheering for you with all my might.

Comment

Skoots, where have you been? I'll pull you a chair. Stick around eh?
                    nosce te ipsum
                    (Know Thyself)

Comment

Consider yourself humoured.
                      Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

Hi Skoots! Love your screen name! :colorwelcome: to Abs Land.

There are so many great motivational threads going on all over MWO!! Feel free to check out the Booze Busters to see if that shoe fits!! There is a lot to pick from so I'm sure you will find places to "hang" that help you stay on track.

Congrats on the 30 day stretches you HAVE accomplishes, and very best wishes in your quest to get AF for good - that's what I'm working on too.

Welcome again! Wow - Super Mom sounds like a lot of responsibility!!

DG
                        Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                        Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Skootie: Please come here to the 30 day forum as much as you need to. There's some really great support here. Nobody will judge anything you do or say. Good luck. Are you starting today (Mon. June 9)? If so, it's a great day to start. You'll have a whole AF summer. Mary
                          Wisdom, Courage, Strength
                          October 3, 2012

Comment

Day 7 for me, Scoots! We can cheer each other!

Comment

hey skoots
                              i'm starting af today too.
                              i am going to try for a week bc 30 days seems very scary!
                              if I make it, I'll go another week!
                              we can do it together!
                              dove

Comment

Working...
                              X