• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Monday 9 June

Yay for you Cindi!!!!!
    Tiny

Comment

Monday 9 June

Hi again all! Presentation went great this morning. MY how they are so much more fun and effective sans hangover!! Got two new leads today so it's a Rockin' Monday so far!

Tiny, congrats on Day 14!! Two weeks!! :cheering:

Mary, you are the Social Butterfly of the Absters!! Thanks for sharing the tip of having an AF beverage in hand upon arrival - I'm sure that makes that initial drink offer very easy to handle - already have one in hand! As with all things, I think learning to deal with previous drinking situations AF takes practice, and you're getting lots of that. Sounds like you and hubby are having fun too.

charlee, it sounds like you've got a good handle on the social events too. I'm still avoiding them for now...except for dog training day which I can't. I don't have the energy just yet for other social events! Eventually....

Cindi - MAN can I relate to the most laid back hubby in the world getting keyed up and being a jerk (BIG jerk) every now and then. I have to put my foot down with Mr. Doggy on the occassion where he will get like that. (Not often, but it can get bad) Of course if I'm drinking when it happens, it's "all my fault" and he lays on a thick guilt trip. MUCH better to be AF where you can call him out on bad behavior. I'm very sorry you had to deal with that on your anniversary. But you GO girl not being a doormat. I think if we have no reason to be doormats anymore, these instances might just get even fewer and farther between! So...um...what is his punishment? (where's the evil smiley)

Hi Cowgal! How are you doing these days? I hope you are busy with FUN summer stuff.

Cindi - I was at the Health Food store awhile ago, and couldn't pass up the L-Tyrosine.

Happy rest of AF Monday all!

DG
      Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
      Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Monday 9 June

Cindi: I second everything DG said about sticking up for yourself & staying sober. My husb's occasional moods or issues are a real trigger for me. I can only speak up if I'm sober...if I'm drinking, I feel I don't deserve to stand up for myself or the family. Good for you.

DG: As far as the social situations: I avoided them a lot when I went on frequent benders. Drinking is a very isolating activity for me. Now that I'm getting sober, I find I'm much more amenable to meeting new people & having folks at my home.

Mary
        Wisdom, Courage, Strength
        October 3, 2012

Comment

Monday 9 June

Cindi I'm so jealous I could i could crap little blue chipmunks!!!! (whatever that means lol)

but seriously that is wonderful news!! Time for a fellow road warrior to park it for a while
          nosce te ipsum
          (Know Thyself)

Comment

Monday 9 June

Quote of the day: I could crap little blue chipmunks
            Tiny

Comment

Monday 9 June

Determinator;343480 wrote: Cindi I'm so jealous I could i could crap little blue chipmunks!!!!
              I'm seriously considering putting "Determinator is crapping little blue chipmunks" in my signature line. The whole MWO world deserves to know this about you Deter!! :lol: Do you clean the toilets at your house, or does Dx get stuck with that job?

DG
              Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
              Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Working...
              X