Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Booze Busters 30 Day AF Challenge - Week of JUNE 9!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happy Monday all you Booze Busters out there!! (and Happy Tuesday to our New Zealand Booze Busters and anyone else in the way out time zones!)

On-going Booze Busters, go to the next thread! For anyone new, here's what us Booze Busters are all about.

Frequesnt Asked Questions (FAQ):

Q: What the sam hill is a Booze Buster?
    A: Anyone who has a serious goal of staying Alcohol Free (AF) for 30 days in a row, no matter what.

Q: Do I have to join at the start of the month?
    A: NO!! Your "Day 1" can be at any time. And if you are already into your first month or your hundredth month AF, you can join at any time. All who desire to be AF for at least 30more CONSECUTIVE days are welcome.

Q: Why are you being such a hard a$$ about 30 consecutive days AF?
    A: Because that's how tough I have to be on myself to succeed, and this challenge is meant to be "tough love" when it comes to the goal.

Q: What if I fall off the wagon - do I get kicked out?
    A: NO!! We do hope you will let us help you dust off the seat of your pants, and drag you right back onto the Booze Busters wagon. You will get your butt kicked, but you won't get kicked out. Oh - and we have a Fugly Green Suit you have to wear for a day during your butt kickin'. That polyester green suit with high water pants is worse than the butt kickin'. Give back your stars and bling and start over at Day 1 (for purposes of this challenge).

Q: What if I am tempted to drink - really really badly tempted?
    A: Come here for a kick in the seat of the pants! Read inspirational threads from start to finish, and if the desire to drink still exists, scream for help in the "Need Help Now" Section and yell for someone to join you in chat. (I wish I had done all that before the falls!!)

Q: What does the Booze Beast look like?
    A: :alf: Is one ugly SOB

Q: How does the group keep track of what day people are on?
    A: We count on YOU to shout out your stats loud and proud every day in whatever way suits you. For me, I'm collecting a star * for every AF day out of due respect for my inner child. At 30 days, collect your :bling: (thank you Liv for the bling bling word!) Grab a shiny gold :award: for every consecutive 30 days. SHOUT OUT YOUR OWN MILESTONES so we can help you celebrate!

Speak up if you have other questions!! We are here to prove that WE CAN DO THIS! And that we can have a little fun while we're doing it! Let us know if you have suggestions as to how we can improve the BOOZE BUSTERS 30 Day Perpetual Challenge.
    Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
    Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

HELLO BOOZE BUSTERS!!! I hope you all are as determined as I am to make it not only and AF week, but a really good one. But if you are down - come on and post - let us give you a shoulder to cry on, or a kick in the pants, or whatever you need to keep it goin' AF.

From the end of last weeks thread..

:colorwelcome: endgame!! Love that screen name. There is plenty of room on the wagon! Congratulations on your AF progress so far. WE CAN DO THIS!!

July, please keep flying by regularly with your positive messages and words of wisdom. I want 300+ AF days and beyond just like you!!

Liv, congrats on another AF weekend!! Now I wanna see a pic of YOUR dog! Fergie is one awesome dude, especially according to Mr. Doggy. Our Beagle is Mama's Boy... (I guess an avatar of him should be next!)

Today is AF Day 19. The days are flying by! I have a presentation to give this morning. It felt so good to FEEL good yesterday (even though I got up in the middle of the night!) and put some quality time into planning it. It's my first "featured speaker" opportunity in front of this particular leads group, so having some good handouts with our basic customer info and customer testimonials, etc. is a good thing. The rest of the day will include errands, a conference call with our health insurance agent (I hate US health insurance), of COURSE a trip to Curves, and some business administrivia in the office. And some goof off time here!! And I will STILL have accomplished way more then the average tipsy day.

Congratulations to all Booze Busters on your progress!!! Who all will be celbrating 30 day, or multiples of 30 milestones this week? I'm itchin' for a party.

DG
    Sobriety Date = 5/22/08

One day at a time.

Comment

Sending Booze Bustin' Vibes to Beck for the week of the Big Move!!!!
      Sobriety Date = 5/22/08

One day at a time.

Comment

Almost Tuesday!!

Are we not lucky to have our Doggy Girl and her Fergie to welcome us into the week??!! And I am really looking forward to the beagle .......! I think we should have a " pets gallery" I have been trying to post a picture of my cat, but my tech skills are not up to it. (If anyone can help with instructions, I am working off an i-book G4 with photo in i-photo!!)

and to Beck - ditto for the move!! I hope you get to read this before you lose your connection - sounds like it is all planned and sorted though! Also have moves going on here so appreciate what you are going through - best of luck!!!

My cat is very much happier today - she is 17 (!!) and with bad arthritis in her knees but had her 2-monthly cartrophen (anti-inflammatory) injection on Friday. Managed to make it up the stairs, onto the bed, and under the covers this morning so I guess she is feeling as happy as those north american doggies who are getting lots of abbercise!!

on the AF front, I'm not doing so good ...... I dont want to get this thread off to a bad start though! Its on again, off again - no binging, but I drank last night when there was no real need/desire to. This thread, and being completely AF is where I want to be even if I'm not so good at the practice as yet. I can cope with the green fuggly suit (should have done it Saturday when All Blacks played Ireland!!!) for one day, but feel a bit at risk at the moment. I dont know what that is about and I have let my guard down. I may just look and listen for this week - feeling that maybe that is what I need at this time.

July, Liv, DG, Marshy, Maisie, Teardrop, Hannah, Kaddy, Louise, Cindy, Living free, and all others who have posted - thanks! This thread and the abbercise one are the first things that I look at in the morning and I check out a few others as time allows. I hang on to your coat-tails, and the knowledge that you have got there eventually! And more than happy to join in any AF parties and celebrations - just as long as you come to my 30-day one!!!!! (I WILL get there!!!!)
        Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

Mame, YOU CAN DO THIS!!! Just because you drank this weekend and have to wear the Fugly Green Suit for a day, DO NOT DISAPPEAR!! That is such a huge mistake I made multiple times, and it just prolonged the agony.

Get back on the wagon, OK? :b&d: No goofing around. We're going to plan up a HUGE surprise for your 30 day AF party. And we're not tellin' you what it is until party day. So get busy!!! :b&d:

I'm glad your kitty was feeling perkier after the shot! Sounds like she has led a full life there with you.

Keep comin' back!!! Don't stop!!

DG
          Sobriety Date = 5/22/08

One day at a time.

Comment

Mame,
            You absolutely WILL get to 30 days and beyond! Keep plugging away at it. I can't tell you how many times I've slipped, fallen, caved, flopped - and felt really pissed off with myself. But it DOES get better. I found it took me a while to start changing my habits, but that's OK because each little change adds up in the long term.

Edited to add: Have you tried AF beer/wine substitutes? The first time I tried AF beer I thought "what's the point?" but now I find it a useful crutch sometimes. Ban alcohol from your house for a while if possible? If it's not in the fridge, you can't drink it. Stock up on juice, fizzy drinks, tea etc so you've got a good choice of alternative drinks.
            Also, don't be hard on yourself. Give yourself credit for what you ARE achieving.
            sigpic
            AF since December 22nd 2008
            Real change is difficult, and slow, and messy - Oliver Burkeman

Comment

ooo this could be just what I need - today is Day and this will really focus & challenge me. So here I go :new:
              ------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Greater the obstacle, the more glory in overcoming it - Molier
              :angelgirl:

Comment

Welcome to Booze Busters Foxy Poxy!!! Congrats on signing up for 30 days AF. WE CAN DO THIS!!! Tell us more about yourself!!

Hi Marshy!

Hang in there Mame. Today is a new day, or yesterday here or tomorrow in NZ????

DG
                ******************* (19 gold starts for 19 AF days!)
                Sobriety Date = 5/22/08

One day at a time.

Comment

Mame: Keep coming here & to any other thread...especially on this 30 day abs forum...if abs is what you eventually desire. I'm no paragon of virtue, but I've had more success here than I have in the last 5 years of my life put together. Keep coming, keep trying, never give up, & never leave MWO, because that's a pathway back to you-know-what. Mary
                  Wisdom, Courage, Strength
                  October 3, 2012

Comment

HI TO ALL BOOZE BUSTERS,

I had read the last post to catch up.

Aunty mame... you will do this every time we slip we get stronger and more determined but while your looking and listening the most important thing to do is keep on posting always post it does help a lot. That my next step how to download pic onto the gallery. Not that Im good at taking photos, some of the pictres are really good on the photo gallery. If you want to down load pic click on paperclip above the reply , then click on browse look through your images and then click on upload. when finished close, then click again on the paper clip . your image number should come up underneath it click on it. I hope that helps good luck. There is a thread called testbed where you can try anything out does not matter if it does not come out. I have downloaded my dog on there as well.

Louise... I only drink af wine at weekends and not during the week i know i would want the real stuff. i do think you get use to the taste or it just grows on you. I seem to never get through a whole bottle a night i wonder why

DG... Hope you enjoyed your housewives video. It funny my brother thought that herb was spainish made the dish come out lovely in the end i got coriande my best herb just love it. I alway put that in salad. Looks like to took the words out of my mouth because i was thinking the samething about July as well..

July....Thank you for your nice words i to love the way you fly in with your envelope and your message to everyone.

Hannah...good for you fighting that crave.:thumbs:

Welcome Aboard endgame and foxpoxy you have come to the right place here there is always lots and lots of room.

Have a nice day everyone.x

Take care
                    Love
                    Teardrop.x
                    family is everything to me

Comment

Hey Boozebusters!!:wavin: Would love to bust the booze this month too....Day 8 AF for me today and going strong. Great to see so many of you on here.
                      Here's to an AF day all round.:happy:
                      Amelia

Sober since 30/06/10

Comment

Hi Amelia,
                        Day 5 AF for me and very determined. Good luck to you to.
                        Jessie
                        make the least of the worst, and the most of the best - everyday.

Comment

Hey Mame, at least you did not binge and we are proud of you for that. Weekends are the toughest so put on the fuggly green suit for a day but keep posting. Welcome Foxypoxy. Hi Jessie, Amelia, Teardrop, Reteacher, Marshy and Doggygirl and all to come. Congrats on any AF days form 1 to 1,000,000. Have to get off here and off to water aerobics. I'm starting day 10.

Comment

WOO HOO!! Look out :alf: cuz we are RAINING new Booze Busters this week!

:colorwelcome: Amelia and :cheering: for Day 8 AF!

:colorwelcome: jessie and :cheering: for Day 5 AF!

Louise - we are all so proud of you for Booze Bustin' it through to Day 10! Double Digit Day! It seems like the last 10 AF days have flown by. I am pea green with envy that you get to go to outdoor water aerobics today. Have fun!

Teardrop, I'm glad the fish turned out OK and you got the herb thing figured out! I had planned on getting through how ever many episodes of Desparate Housewives are on Disc 1 yesterday - but kept napping (which is OK too on lazy days!). So I only got through 1.5 episodes. Oh well - it's probably going to be raining this evening so that will be a good after dinner activity.

I'm so happy I spent time yesterday preparing that presentation, and that I got to give it sans hangover today!! It was fun - I gave out lotto tickets for prizes as incentive for everyone to pay attention! I HATE totally snoozefest type presentations. But I've sure given my share of them when I was too busy drinking to prepare properly, and too busy fighting a hangover to deliver properly. GOT TWO NEW WEB SITE LEADS!!!! YEAH!!!

Will save the workout news for the Abbercise thread! Hope everyone is having a Great Booze Bustin' Monday. And Mame, get yer butt in the Fugly Green Suit and lets get that over with. Onward and forward girl!!

DG
                            Sobriety Date = 5/22/08

One day at a time.

Comment

LOL - I can't imagine you doing a snoozefest presentation. What are these lead meetings? Whatever they are, glad you got two new leads. Not having a great day. Feeling kind of sad and tired for no particular reason. Also very frustrated that I am actually gaining weight following a Prevention magazine diet (it should be really healthy right?) Don't feel like drinking though- more like throwing in the towel and eating chips and cookies but I know that won't really help and bad eating might lead to drink temptation.

Comment

Working...
                              X