Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day 3 and still strong

Hey all!

Made it through the tough part of day 3 , know I'll make it the rest of the evening.
    Feeling tired but strong, had one very strong craving but overcame it and really reflected at the moment what was happening. And it was frustration with what my husband was doing... big deal, just let it happen and YOU DON"T NEED A GLASS OF WINE!!! I screamed to myself inside. It worked today. The old times I would have gotten in my car and made an excuse to go to the grocery store because I forgot something for dinner.

Hope all is well with everyone here!!::l
    May our choices today not result in regret, but rather be wise

Day 3 and still strong

Hi to you and much love your way:lilflower:
    You are cared about at times when it may not be obviously evident because I believe we all here are in sync as we await for our efforts to become the bigger picture.
    Take care and hugs to Seattle. I lived in Olympia and those were some of the best days. Love those elements in Washington.

Be comforted,
    :notes:Theme2be

" Do not lose courage in considering your own imperfections but instantly set about remedying them~everyday begin the task anew".-Saint Francis de Sales

Comment

Day 3 and still strong

well done cherbear - that is great progress.
      BH (no more)

Comment

Day 3 and still strong

:cheering: for Cherbear!! I think spending time to figure out WHY the strong urge just happened is so important and healthy. Good for you figuring out what you were reacting to, so you can begin to develop other (and probably WAY more effective) ways of dealing with it. Congratulations!!

DG
        Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
        Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Day 3 and still strong

Cher: I second what DG said. What was our motivation for wanting a drink? Husbands. Sometimes they certainly can be the most frustrating people on earth, but that doesn't mean we have to drink. In fact, this probably won't be the last time he gets to you. Mine certainly has his ways of yanking my chain (wonderful guy that he is). I often tell myself that there are millions of people all around the earth that have difficult situations that they don't drink their way through. Keep going... you're doing well. It gets easier & easier. Mary
          Wisdom, Courage, Strength
          October 3, 2012

Comment

Working...
          X