Just for Kathy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just for Kathy

Kathy....just want to add my congratulations...One year...Fantastic!!!
    sobriety date 11-04-07

Comment

Just for Kathy

It doesn't seem like that long, does it, lushy? I can't believe I've been a member here for 3 1/2 years!

I can't stress how much MWO has meant in my journey into sobriety. Before I came here, I felt hopeless about being able to stop or slow down my drinking. I had gone to a number of AA meetings, but I wasn't always able to "take the best and leave the rest". The spirit and acceptance here made an instant impression on me.

It still took me a long time to stop completely (which had become my goal over time), but everyone here stuck by me through thick and thin. MWO has been a blessing for me.

I failed twice at sobriety before this stint. I hope this knowledge will help people keep the faith and keep trying if sobriety is your goal.

Also, Mary, I keep wondering why you are not set up for private messages.

Janet, thanks for being a friend on my journey.

Charlee, AFM, Best--you all are very special and I appreciate your good wishes.

For those of you that I don't know very well, keep the faith. You can do this. If I can, you can. Trust me.

AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Just for Kathy

Just saw this thread and had to put my WAY TO GO IN!!! One year -- HOW AWESOME IS THAT!!! It doesn't matter if you had a couple "dry" runs before this - they all lead up to your being able to kick it out the door !! So happy for you dear!!
        AF since Jan. 1, 2008 .... It all began right here

Raise your hopeful voice, you have a choice, you made it now.

(from the Movie "Once")

Comment

Just for Kathy

YAH: I don't get private messages, because I was concerned they would come to my email at home. Is there a way to receive PM's only here at MWO? I'm completely anonymous (including my loved ones), & I don't want to share MWO w/them at this time.

I can't tell you how much your progress has meant to me...especially when I lapsed. Knowing that you were here for quite a while before attaining a year of sobriety has given me a lot of hope.

Right now I'm not drinking but am taking it ODAT. I'm not sharing a number of days w/anyone, though I do have a sobriety calculator in my favorites. I don't check it daily, because I want to concentrate on today for a while. I too have reached the conclusion that drinking is not for me. If my relapses have taught me anything it's that I'm an alcoholic drinker the minute I go back to it.

Again, congratulations! Mary
          Wisdom, Courage, Strength
          October 3, 2012

Comment

Just for Kathy

Kathy - Just want to add my sincere congratulations to all the rest. You are a true source of inspiration, and give the rest of us the hope and faith that we may achieve this also. Thanks for your posts, and your wisdom, you are always very thoughtfull, tactfull, and honest.
            The furture lies before you like newly fallen snow - be careful how you tread it, for every step will show.

Comment

Just for Kathy

Kathy,

I want to join and add my congratulations to you. Your words are full of hope for all those who are following behind you. Well done.

July

Comment

Just for Kathy

Kathy........a huge congrats from me........just fabulous!!

Darling x
                Formerly known as Starlight Impress.

Comment

Just for Kathy

Wow...1yr.AF...great job.You are so inspiring..
                  sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

Just for Kathy

Hi Kathy,
                    Just like to add my congratulation 1year AF, wow Well Done!:goodjob:

Love
                    Teardrop.x
                    family is everything to me

Comment

Just for Kathy

Kathy,

I've been away for a bit but wanted to congratulate you on 1 Year. I also wanted to thank you - something you wrote to me has stuck with me. You told me to "trust the process" when I was somewhere around 60 days AF and feeling like the most reluctant sober person on MWO. I am still trusting the process and have been sober for more than 4 months.

Congrats and Thanks,
                      Beck
                      Beck

Sometimes you get there in spite of your route, losing track of your life and what it's about, the road seems to know when to straighten right out...Mary Chapin Carpenter

Comment

Just for Kathy

Congratulations Kathy
                        I always like to see your avatar!
                        A year AF is an incredible achievement -do you feel like a completely different person these days?
                        What is the best thing about your life one year on?

Anna:h
                        IS MILIS FION,ACH IS SEARBH A IOC
                        Wine is sweet, but paying for it is bitter

Comment

Working...
                        X