Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BOOZE BUSTERS 30 Day AF Challenge - Week of June 16!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HAPPY 10TH ANNIVERSARY DOGGYGIRL..................only 1 day to go to the big 30!!

Hello to everyone else. Hope you are all doing well.
    Amelia

Sober since 30/06/10

Comment

Happy anniversary DG! I will try to check in from Denver, especially for your party tomorrow. Today is 20 HF days for me.

Comment

Happy Anniv. DG!! And 29 days free of the Beast ~ even better yet!!

Hope you have a safe trip Louise

Amelia - hey lady!

Tear, endgame, Hannah - and all ~~~~~~~~~ Here is to another wonderful day! Bust the Beast today!!
        AF since Jan. 1, 2008 .... It all began right here

Raise your hopeful voice, you have a choice, you made it now.

(from the Movie "Once")

Comment

hi all,, hope you all have good day
          dg, happy 10th wedding anniversary. and well done on 29 days
          there is no shame in losing a fight,, only in winning

Comment

Quick, quick, running out the door - busy day today, entertaining hubby's business associates, big supper tonight - HAVE A GOOD DAY ALL!

And happy anniversary DG! Looking forward to your parteeeeeee tomorrow!
            The furture lies before you like newly fallen snow - be careful how you tread it, for every step will show.

Comment

A BIG THANKS!

Hi all,

All your advise just kicked me in the butt, I realize it is the mind game I need to get over and AF is the only way to do that.
              My Mr. Cherbear is the same as yours DG, he can take it or leave it and it doesn't phase him in the least!! I long for that.. probably won't get there with my LONG history of drinking. So its AF and I feel stronger about his because of you guys now!!

I'm sending strong vibes that all the achey breakey pains in our BB's get better. But keep exercising!! Strong muscles, especially in woman can really make or break our older age!!

I am going to be a purist here now and say that I'm AF 6 days!!
              May our choices today not result in regret, but rather be wise

Comment

Hi again Booze Busters!! Man I'm getting a lot accomplished today. And it's stuff that I absolutely tend to PRO-Crastinate. I just went through all the cash and credit card receipts for March through June so far and got them filed, and got the cash stuff recorded in the accounting system. YEAH!! Now when month/quarter end is done, I will be 100% caught up. Did some other accounting cleanup stuff too...No need to pay uncle Sam extra because I'm behind with recording expenses!!

Thanks to all for your nice Anniversary wishes. Me and Mr. Doggy are sorta like a pair of old shoes by now. In a good way.

louise congrats on 20 Days HF!!! (I'm diggin' on HF!!)

Cherbear, I'm glad some of the food for thought is helping you make peace (if that's even close as a right phrase!!) with your decisions about AF and Mod and trips and slips and all that jazz. To my way of thinking, whatever mind game helps YOU win in the END is the right one for you.

Well...was going to spend more time here but plans just changed - we have to run and pick up our other vehicle from the shop (even though it's not done yet - missing part!!)

Be back later..

DG
                (still) Celebrating 29 Hangover Free Days!!
                Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Happy 30 days to DG!!

DG - I might be getting here a bit early, but its probably the only time I'll get to be on line for the next couple of days.

So just wanted to say congratulations - you've done it and :goodjob: and :happy: and :wd: and everything else!!!

and I'm sure I'm not the only one that sends good thoughts your way every day for all that you put into this thread and into supporting everyone else. I reckon you're a bit of an :wings: myself!!!

I hope you have a great HF day (I really like the HF concept as well!!) and many more to come!

Anyway, hello to everyone else too! I wont be back here until Sunday - off to pick up friends coming in to town for my friend's 50th which I'm really looking forward to (and have all the ingredients for the Louise special!). I discovered my inner cleaning fairy last night, so the house is spotless!! The 2 women who are staying with me are both having child-free weekends and we are looking forward to sleeps in, walks and long talks.

m
                  Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

Mame - can you help me find my inner cleaning fairy?? I put my dust bunny under my pillow but nothing happened!

Have FUN at your friends 50th and of course with your friends through the weekend. We will miss you but will be waiting to hear all about the party and other fun stuff when you return! I bet you feel good too having your house all spotless. That's a nice way to start the weekend!!

DG - HF!!!!

OH. And no, I'm definitely not :angelgirl: !!!! I'm :nutso: and :nanner: and :b&d:!
                    Sobriety Date = 5/22/08

One day at a time.

Comment

Happy anniversary DG!!!! :bday3::goodtime::day5:
                      And congrats on nearly 30 days!!! :bananacomputer:

I'll ask my friend if I can send you his bee poem.

My back is in much less pain today than I thought it would be. Thank you all for the kind words of support. Hopefully I'll be able to back into training soon.

Cherbear, just want to say love your attitude and congratulations on 6 days AF!!!

Fellow Booze Busters, we are rockin'!!!

:wave:

Comment

Heee, Heee, it's Friday here pretty soon and parteeeeee time!!!

But while it's still Thursday, happy anniversary DG!! And please, do celebrate, for heavens' sake! Glad you had a productive day.

Hannah - hope that restaurant found AF wine for you in the end.
                        Kaddy - hang in there for the treatment results and let us know.
                        Louise - happy travels. Your concoction was brilliant, I'm doing it again tomorrow.
                        Endgame - sorry about your back. Time for other distractions, like that guitar. I sing & play too (piano).
                        Cherbear - good on you for getting past the blip and back here with a clear mind!
                        Hi Amelia, Teardrop, Liv, Cuddles, Marshy and all others. This thread just seems to mushroom while I'm away - which is a good thing!

Now Mame, re that hypno story from a few days ago and your friend's 50th on Saturday. Luckily I don't have to decide on 'AF forever' at the moment, but I'm sure whether you decide to go for a shorter or longer stretch of AF time, the hypno guy can help you. I think what he says about facing adversity/challenges is spot on. I found myself doing massive mental gymnastics last week regarding a lunch I'll be attending tomorrow. My Crazy New Boss has decided not to renew the contracts of 3 of my colleagues. They may still work on our programme ad hoc next year but he's obviously looking to retire them, probably because they stand up to him and speak their mind. They're all experts in their fields and I've learned loads from them the past 7 years we've worked together. When we found out about the decision, we decided to have what will amount to a farewell lunch together. They've made a reservation at a posh place, it'll be good food and fine wine. If ever I wanted to have just one glass, this would be the perfect occasion. And I'd done my 30 days so I was 'allowed', right? I wrestled with it but it didn't feel right. I explained it to my 6-month AF friend, and he said straight away "It's too soon, you're not ready". I was relieved to hear that but then started to break it down. Even if I could just have a glass and return to AF the next day (and we don't know until I try it), it would disrupt a mental and physical recovery process that's underway. I'm aware of the health benefits and want that to carry on. What I had thought less about when I started is what your hypno guy is saying. It's incredibly confidence boosting to face down a challenge every day, to keep a promise to yourself every day, and to start building a habit of NOT beating yourself up. So no wine for me tomorrow. I will take my friend's advice and have dessert instead! Enjoy your friend's birthday, and keep us posted on that hypno - I'm fascinated!

Comment

Well, this is my nighty night message. Mr. Doggy is working at a client this evening, and I just ate tuna salad and am heading for the shower. Guess if there's to by any 10 year romance, it will not exactly be on our anniversary!

endgame, I'm REALLY glad your back is feeling better today. I hope you are back to 100% soon. Thanks for checking on the bee poem. It really is a small world sometimes!! We ARE Rockin'!

Pamina, it sounds like you have also worked your way through some mental gymnastics. I realize I was doing SO much of that between the end of the first 60 Day HF stint...through the troubles in between..until my re-start 5/22. For me I think letting go of any possibilities of drinking has somehow been liberating. LOL - I was in Wal-Mart (a big new Super Wal-Mart) this afternoon at the BUSY time. The lines were pretty long so the girl manning the counting in the liquor store waved me over the check me out there. Do you know I didn't even think twice about the fact I was checking out in the liquor store until I was leaving the building????????? Now THAT is something. I hope at your posh lunch tomorrow you spend your time fantasizing about what you will have for dessert rather than what the wine tastes like!!! We really are coming far.

Thanks to all for such nice anniversary wishes today, and for joining me in wishing for those cheerleaders tomorrow. Hannah? Hannah? I love you Hannah!!! (BTW I hope you are having a FAB dinner tonight!!)

See you all on the flip side for another HF day!!

DG
                          Sobriety Date = 5/22/08

One day at a time.

Comment

There is so much happening here it took me all the time I have to be on the computer to catch up!! So I will just report in with hugs all the way around for this awesome group of BBers!! The Beast doesn't stand a chance here!! :goodjob: and have a great start to the weekend!!
                            AF since Jan. 1, 2008 .... It all began right here

Raise your hopeful voice, you have a choice, you made it now.

(from the Movie "Once")

Comment

Hey Pamina - what you said your hypno guy said really helped me today right now because i'm having some strong urges, that facing that mental challenge daily and beating it is an incredible confidence booster!! That is right!! I will make it. I'm just going to keep on this site for awhile longer so I don't run to the store.
                              May our choices today not result in regret, but rather be wise

Comment

Hello all you thirty day AF'ers,

I have been reading the posts and I agree that the 30 days gives you a foundation that helps make bigger decisions: AF v. mods. As it has been said many times here before it is a deeply personal decision.

My only addition is that I believe you will gain greater clarity and insight in making this decison after more than 30 days AF. Personally, I found the first 30 days to be a test. At around 100 days it started to feel natural. By that I mean the natural state of my body and mind were AF. The presure to be AF was gone: it is who I became. The person I want to be is the person I am gradually becomming.

Take care,

July

Day 330 AF

Comment

Working...
                                X