Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BOOZE BUSTERS 30 Day AF Challenge - Week of June 16!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HAPPY 30 DAYS DG!!!
    XX

:goodjob::happy::wd::yay::day4:
    Amelia

Sober since 30/06/10

Comment

:band2: :band2:

Congratulations Doggygirl!
      sigpic
      AF since December 22nd 2008
      Real change is difficult, and slow, and messy - Oliver Burkeman

Comment

Doggygirl:goodjob: and Well Done 30DAYS AF
        :cheering::wave: you are a sunshine:rays:

Thank for putting this thread together you have given us all great support along the way.
        I alway remember in your story that keep with me PMA Positive, Mental, Attitude.
        And also the bit when you said cant stand what booze is doing to me especially now that i have taken the time to know what its doing to me. :l

Enjoy your day

Love
        Teardrop.x
        family is everything to me

Comment

GOOD DAY BOOZE BUSTERS!!!

Here's to another Hangover Free day. Hope everyone is having a good one (I sure am - that goes without saying - and it's only 4:45 AM!! Nanny Nanny Boo Boo! )

July, thanks as always for popping in with your words of wisdom in that little envelope!! Interesting about the 100 day mark. That seemed to be a real turning point when I quit smoking - that's when it started to feel like less of a daily struggle to fight the Nicodemon. I've always wondered if it will be something similar in that time frame for :alf: - there is only one way to find out!!!!!!! Onward and forward for another 30 days - no question about my goals this time around. Congratulation on 330. We are going to have one HELL of a party on your one year anni!! Oh...and I LOVE thinking about the person I want to become. I've only taken baby steps so far. But still...it's such a positive direction.

liv - every time I see your avatar with the little heart sunglasses it makes me smile!! Hope you are getting ready for a great AF / HF weekend!!

Cherbear, sticking around here during the rough moments is so good, isn't it? The Life Line in times of need!! Good for you saying NO to the thoughts.

Amelia and Marshy, thank you for the 30 day congratulations!! Hope you are both having a great HF day!!

Teardrop...I love ya all over again!!!!!! (when is the Bon Jovi concert??? I know..a random thought out of nowhere LOL)

Happy AF day to all Booze Busters yet to come. Here is a dose of PMA (positive mental attitude) for all Booze Busters who might be struggling today.

DG
          Celebrating 30 Hangover Free Days
          :award:
          Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
          Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

DG...my concert is on the 28th june, my sister inlaw nearly sold the tickets on e-bay thank god there was no one that bidden on them i would of been so upset. This will be the first time my daughter and son are going to a concert. I think its nice that they can look back and say there first concert was Bon Jovi. OH happy belate 10th anniversary doggygirl.
            Mashy...never knew that about figs...At least now if i get constipation i know what to eat.lol
            Endgame...glad to hear the back is on the mend.
            Cherbear..good on you 6days AF once you feel stronger inside it does get easy. if it helps there is a thread on general discussion coping with urges by Prest4time i find helpful.
            Pamina... what can i say but enjoy that dessert.
            I was up at 4.15 in the morning today, my girl has got a school trip to france, as soon has i got home i went straight to bed. Im hoping the weather is dry tomorrow need to wash my windows.
            Everyone take good care of yourself.

Love
            Teardrop.x
            family is everything to me

Comment

:applaud::applaud::applaud:30 days is awsome !!!!!Thanks for all the support...Evie
              sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

Hi all!

Teardrop, you should go with your daughter to France instead of washing windows. France sounds like way more fun! OH how I would love to go with you to that concert!! I can't wait to hear all about it, and we demand juicy John Bon Jovi hotty hot details!!!! (and we would like to hear a wee bit about the music too..)

Evie I love your siggy lines these days!! WHEE!! How are booze bustin' things going on your end?? I hope your week has been getting better.

Saw the hormone doc today and MAN what a good appointment. Amazing how she could tell so many things about me from those test results. At one point she said "you must be having an AWFUL time sleeping at night! (I'm thinking well, it could be lots worse...but yes...) My Cortisol numbers are normal during the day, but skyrocket at night and are still elevated in the AM. My Thyroid is low too though, so we're going to treat that first and see what the Cortisol does once my thyroid hormones are normaled out between what I have, and what I will be taking. I'm also going on bioidentical progesterone (I'm really low there) and estrogen. So...I hope to be reclaiming my more youthful body in the coming weeks / months!!! WHEE!!! I'm very thankful that AL is out of this picture - it would only complicate things and of course, give me unwanted hangovers.

I'm sure my former co-workers would find something profound to say about the fact that my testosterone levels are normal. :b&d:

So tomorrow AM I start the little thyroid pill.

Today is a wonderful day. I don't know what tomorrow will bring, but it WON'T be bringing a hangover - that's for sure.

Keep on Bustin' that Booze Beast!!

DG
                Sobriety Date = 5/22/08

One day at a time.

Comment

Congratulations Doggygirl on 30 days AF!!!
                  Keep on rockin' in the (AL) free world!!!

:disco::disco::disco:

Comment

Hi all - I just wanted to spread some sunshine cause I've had a REALLY REALLY good day :rays: so that's for your windows tomorrow, Teardrop! I had a dainty mousse/sherbet dessert instead of wine at my lunch today; though it was a farewell gathering it wasn't sad at all; one of the guys gave me info on a project that can turn out to be really useful; I handed in some work that's been dragging its feet; and I ran into an old acquaintance and we had a deep, soul cleansing conversation. YAY! Good job getting your hormones sorted, DG. Particularly reassuring about that testosterone, it'll come in handy whenever you need to knock out the Beast! :H Wishing everybody a sunny start to the weekend.

Comment

CONGRATULATIONS, DOGGIE!!!!

I am over-the-moon proud of you, sister!!!!

Life is good without AL, isn't it. I haven't been here playing on the MYO playgorund as it is my peak season and DD has five-squillion activites.

I just wanted to log on and say WOO-FICKIN'-HOO!!

Love you, girlfriend...

MM
                      Face your deficiencies and acknowledge them, but do not let them master you. Let them teach you patience, sweetness, insight.

Comment

endgame, thank you for that BIG vote of confidence!! Can't wait to rock it out at your party!

Pamina I've been fantasizing about that dessert all afternoon. Look out baby if I DO get these hormones straightened out. (for my 30 day trophy I got a pair of brass orbs. Don't tell anyone though.) Sunny Day reminds me of the new paint color in my office! Second coat goes up tomorrow and I can move back in. It's a cool color - like a Sunny Yellow only it's green, if that makes any sense. The color makes me totally smile. The handy man thinks it needs "a splash of rasberry" to set it off. So I 'm going to take my camera down to where the rasberry bushes are when the time comes (soon). My plan is to only hang pictures on the wall that I took.

Hi MM!! I figured you've been super busy this time of year. If you have a rainy day at some point, stop in and catch us up on all the action! It's great to see you!!

Nighty night everyone. What a great day. I just realized I haven't spent 2 seconds today dreading dog training tomorrow for the AL part of it. YEAH!! Happy rest of Friday, and start to the weekend.

DG
                        Day 30 HF
                        Sobriety Date = 5/22/08

One day at a time.

Comment

DG,

30 days AF and another seemless 30 started. DG I know from this year's BB and last, that you really want to be AF for life. You have made great strides and will succeed--I believe it.

Well done,

July

Day 331 AF

Comment

July, thank you for your words of support. I'm glad you believe in me!! More importantly (sorry!) *I* believe in me.

Good Day Booze Busters!!! It's a rockin' Hangover Free Saturday here - even though it's only 4:41AM. But the birdies are already awake and so am I. I'm really hoping to get back to a completely normal sleep schedule someday!! I'm hoping the hormone creams will help - should know more in another week or so once they arrive. ANYWAY...I'm not gonna let a restless night ruin my day!! I'll just go to bed early - I am thankful I don't have the crazy social schedules that some of you have this summer!

It feels very good to be starting my second HF / AF stretch. Mark your calendars - half nekkid men will hopefully appear again on July 20!!!!

So who all is coming up on a 30 day or multiple celebration this week? I should probably try to keep track of dates but I don't - so you gotta shout out your own.

Today will be the usual for Saturday....workout at Curves, then Mr. Doggy will be off to tracking and I have some time to putz around here, then all the folks arrive here for dog training around 11:30 and the madness begins. I'm planning to get the ingredients for Louise's special ginger drink and make up a batch of that as soon as I get home from Curves. Can't wait to try it!!

A Hangover is NOT on my agenda for Sunday, so that means another AF day today!!

Thank you all again for such a fun celebration yesterday. You all mean SO much to me!!!!!!!!

DG
                            Celebrating 31 HF days
                            :award: + *
                            Sobriety Date = 5/22/08

One day at a time.

Comment

hi all hope you all have a good weekend
                              there is no shame in losing a fight,, only in winning

Comment

You too kaddy!

Boy I have LOTS of catching up to do tomorrow morning. Seeing as it's dog training day, I'm happy to report that I will be totally Hangover Free tomorrow!!!! (I really love the mental position of setting up a great day tomorrow rather than feeling deprived today!!)

Anyway, I'm sleepy but content and plan to curl up with a movie and probalby fall asleep in the first 10 minutes.

Hope everyone is have a great AF Saturday and setting up for a great HF Sunday!!

Until tomorrow..

DG
                                :award: + *
                                Sobriety Date = 5/22/08

One day at a time.

Comment

Working...
                                X