Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wed - 25 June Monthly Abs

Good Day Abbers,

It seems a bit quieter on the boards with summer in full flow, but I hope most of us are chugging along OK.

To those who are struggling or under the weather, do pop back in and let us know how you're doing. A group hug might not fix your life but lets give it a go anyway! :l

I'm feeling very distracted with a HUGE decision I have to make about when/how to spend time with my dad whose illness will zap his powers of speech by next year. In order to be part of his daily life, I'd have to leave London (and my job, income, house). But if I don't, the best I can manage would be long weekends which always seem to end as soon as they've begun. Luckily I don't have to decide today, so I'm chipping away at the different bits of the decision until I can see clearly. Which, as we know, is so much easier without the AL-fog.

Have a good day everyone!

Good Morning Abbers!!

Thank you Pamina for starting the day with such reflective thoughts as I too feel that no matter where you are at with your recovery, whether starting out, struggling, coasting along or just thinking it through, starting your day everyday here MWO goes a long way to making it all happen!

Have a great AF day today everyone!!

4tb
    Is Addiction Really a Disease?
    Watch this and find out....
    http://youtu.be/ekDFv7TTZ4I

Comment

:groupluv:Morning all
      Thanks Pamina, sounds like you have a lot on your plate with some tough decisions to make...AF Fog does help in weighing all the options. Will keep you in my thoughts..
      4tb - sounding well, enjoy your day.

A group hug for the abbers...like that!!!
      sobriety date 11-04-07

Comment

Happy Hump Day to all! Hope everyone is doing well today with all their goals. Did not sleep well last nite, took one of hubbys sleeping pills and it gave me WEIRD dreams...back to my calms forte tonight, that always works for me.

Yes Pamina, decisions are always more clear and somewhat easier when we are sober. It sounds like a big decision for you, consider carefully.

R2C
        Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall. --Confucius
        :h

Comment

Hi Everyone: I just wanted to mention that I'm getting ready for a vacation to the west coast (of the USA). I won't be around the boards at all during the first week of July, & will be sporatically here until we leave. I'm not worried about abs, because we're visiting my brother & SIL & neither of them drink at all. Have a wonderful day to all. Mary
          Wisdom, Courage, Strength
          October 3, 2012

Comment

Happy Wed ABeroooos!

Pamina...yes indeed without the al fog. Thats exactly how it felt to me...like a murky fog.

gotta be brief...on the road and it's going to be a big and long day ending with dinner with my bosses (big boozers).

zoom zoom

be well
            nosce te ipsum
            (Know Thyself)

Comment

Working...
            X