July 1 - Tue. - Daily Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gee, I didn't think I'd be starting this thread! It's a new month & new resolve! Tomorrow is our trip, so we're plenty busy. I won't be drinking today or tomorrow. Next week should be easy. My brother & SIL don't drink at all, so no temptations. Have a great week everyone. Mary
    Wisdom, Courage, Strength
    October 3, 2012

If you're new to MWO & this thread, the first of the month is a great time to start a 30 day goal. Don't be shy about sharing here. We're all in different stages. Nobody is an expert or above anyone else. If you've been struggling, we've all been there. Take it one day (hour, minute) at a time if you have to. Good luck. Mary
    October 3, 2012

Comment

Mary, have a great vacation. I will try for an AF holiday this week as well. It will be a first for me.
      Love and Peace,
      Phil
      Love and Peace,
      Phil

Sobriety Date 12.07.2009

Comment

Phil: I know how hard you're trying. I see your progress on DrinkTracker when I sign in. I have a path similar to yours. The trick is to never give up. BTW, I have gone on AF vacations. They're great. I actually find it easier to be AF on vacation, because there are so many people around. I tended to be a solitary drinker. Good luck. Mary
        October 3, 2012

Comment

Top of the morning cats and kitties!

Mary, hope you have a super vacation. You too Phil and nice to see you here BTW.
          yes, vacation always used to be synonymous with being sick and tired from overdrinking. sure don't miss that crap.
          well, on the road starting early tomorrow morning..maybe one or two nights, I'm not sure. a qickie at any rate.
          been having some difficulty sleeping last couple nights for some reason. Might have to get some new supplements for that.
          be well friends!
          nosce te ipsum
          (Know Thyself)

Comment

Good afternoon,

Well the move is over (well not quite but close enough) and I'm still AF. Not easy but worth the effort.

Mary, have a wonderful vacation. You certainly deserve it.
            Phil, good to have you here.
            Det, good to see you again. Don't know how you handle all that travel.

Got to go measure windows...
            Beck
            Beck

Sometimes you get there in spite of your route, losing track of your life and what it's about, the road seems to know when to straighten right out...Mary Chapin Carpenter

Comment

Happy July everyone! It's good to start a fresh month. June was only my second month ever to be completely AF and Hangover free. (The other time was August 2007 during the 60 day AF stretch). I'm going to make July the 3rd AF month in my adult life!!

Mary, have fun on your vacation. It sounds like it will be a vacation of an additional kind for you - time away without having to worry about "what the drinkers might think" or all that jazz.

Phil, ditto what Mary said - keep trying. That's what everyone here is doing and eventually we will get it right like so many "MWO graduates" have done.

Deter, I hear ya on the vacations of WAY over indulgence where I would need a vacation to recover from the vacation. And that was NEVER because I was over the top physically active, etc. etc. It was always - at least in recent decades - from WAY too much booze. Sorry you haven't slept well the last couple nights. That sucks big time. May your travels be short and uneventful! And filled with garlic just like the butter on my shrimp will be tonight!!

Beck it is SO good to see you back!! Good for you staying AF whatever it took to do that...which during a move I'm guessing was maybe not a cake walk. Hopefully the window measuring means someone else is going to be creating some awesome window treatements for you????? (rather than YOU having to do it???) I hope the AF gig starts feeling easier as you continue to get settled.

I posted a few pics of Mr. Doggy and Ferguson at their trial in the Booze Busters thread if anyone is interested. (even if you aren't, just tell me you are so my ego won't get totally deflated LOLOLOL!!!!!) :H

Have a great AFHF day everyone!

DG
              :award: + ***********
              Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
              Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Working...
              X