Day 2 AF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day 2 AF

I thought I wouldn't have any symptoms of withdrawal but apparently I do. I have been having palpitations on and off since yesterday evening also some anxiety and irritability. My blood pressure was also elevated 138/84 -but I have had had bouts of high blood pressure in the past.

As I mentioned, I drank about 5 drinks each week day and 5-10 on weekends. Do these sound like withdrawal symptoms and when can I expect them to subside?

Day 2 AF

NetMarketer,

The withdrawal symptoms could go away today or may take up to 8 days to go away.

I have no idea why it is different for different people.

Chief always said to look at it like the flu. You will get through it.

Boy, having withdrawal symptoms sure does tell you this is a good time to quit, though, doesn't it?

Take good care, pamper yourself, and if you start shaking or getting tremors, get to a doctor (have someone else drive you.) Take the supps if you have them, if not, increase the B-vitamins, take a good multi and drink lots and lots of water.

Cindi
    AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Day 2 AF

I feel your pain

I was always told 72 hours to detox, but I am at 86 hours AF and still having some symptoms. The sweats and chills are gone thank God. I am still on meds for the shakes. My stomach is a mess though; on and off nausea, heartburn, pain, not much of an appetite. I was told to expect palpitations. My B/P at the hospital was 168/96. I usually run around 110/70 Max. Could be withdrawal. If it persists, maybe u should see a doc. There is help. Hope u feel better. I know u will. I feel a bit better each day.:l
      "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

Day 2 AF

My God, I am a light weight after all! LOL

I have to tell you, it is surreal posting on this board...I mean actually coming face to face with your problem.

I haven't posted much but I have read a lot and some of you have come a long way. Good job!

Comment

Day 2 AF

Hey Netmarketer.

You are doing a fantastic job.

Keep up the great work.

I'm nearly at 3 months and life has never been better.

It truly is life changing.

Stay strong.

Brett.

Comment

Day 2 AF

It really does get better and easier. I think everyone is different as far as when they feel better, but you are doing great. Keep at it and you will never have to do this again.

Comment

Day 2 AF

Netmarketer, welcome! you should be feeling better very soon. it will come and go but should generally be improving. Sleep will most likely be sporadic for a week. Tell us a bit about yourself if you are ready.

we do a 'daily' thread here and it would be great to have you join us.
              nosce te ipsum
              (Know Thyself)

Comment

Working...
              X