July 10 - Thurs. - Daily Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Tiny -- "cycle" is right! Feel free to PM me, or I may be in chat later tonight. We are trying to pack for a "camping at the cabin" in rural PA for tomorrow; I have not been to this location and it's family trip with 2 yo and teenager. So -- I'll be out much of the weekend, but will be in and out here this evening. I too need a buddy (though I already have many mwo buddies!)

Comment

CS04 --one never can have too many friends (cliche inserted) I never seem to have the right free time to go into chat -- everyone is sleeping when I want to chit chat.
      Hence, I don't really "know" too many at MWO...

I spent many years in Western PA before coming here to the Mid-West... curious as to where you are going? No biggie -- hope you have fun and I am jealous!
      Tiny

Comment

Hi all.

Pamina, I just now caught up on this thread and read of the untimely death of your friend. I am so sorry to hear about this. 40's is so young. I am sending you the biggest virtual internet hug there is. Congratulations on staying sober. I'm sure it would have seemed easy to make a different choice in the moment, and then end up with even more to feel bad about today.

Char, I hope you will take lots of pictures and share some with us from your Italy trip. 2 weeks - you must be getting excited.

Beck. Now I KNOW you are :nutso: because refinishing furniture is NOT fun - not at all - and ALL "normal" people know this. "What would this drink accomplish?" is such a good question. I need to print that up on a card and laminate it - and keep it with me at all times.

Deter, you sound glad to be home as always. I hope those fires are out soon. We're all doing rain dances for the many MWOers being affected by this horrid situation. Even those of us like me who can't dance. Glad there is no youtube of my rain dancing.

Cindi - when do you leave for Lenair again? Will be interested to hear about your experience just like the others who have been there.

1967 - Hmmmm....you are BRAVE. It's interesting to introspect about some of our behavioral tendencies while sober, isn't it? At least in my case, alcohol was sometimes an excuse for me doing things that I shouldn't have been doing anyway - and I know it. You will figure it out!

CS04 - I think telling some close friends about your AL concerns is a big step. I really believe that when we get sick enough and tired enough of the roller coaster, we will get off of it. Best wishes and have fun on your trip this weekend.

Hello also to Tiny and Sheepish and all others.

DG
        Day 51 AFHF
        Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
        Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Working...
        X