Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

July 11 - Friday Daily Thread

Hey, wake up!! Where is everyone?

I've been up since 4:30 and waiting for someone to start this thread.

I guess the onus is on me but I don't have words of wisdom or anything.

Hope everyone to come has a wonderful AF Friday.

Love,
    Cindi
    AF April 9, 2016

I'm here ... my dog got loose last night and I chased him down in heels ... yikes I am in pain right now...
    Tiny

Comment

Good Morning Abbers!

Today feels like it will be a good day as each and every new day AF is a good day and I like it that way!

Thanks Cindi for starting the thread and the wisdom is in simply being here trying for another AF day.

Tiny I hope you heal quickly!

Hello to everyone else out there and have a great AF day today!!

4tb
      Is Addiction Really a Disease?
      Watch this and find out....
      http://youtu.be/ekDFv7TTZ4I

Comment

top of the "hack" "cough" morning! from smoky Reno!

this is pretty sad but it's so miserably smoky that Dx and I can't sleep. yucko. sorry to be a drag...soon as I wake up I'm sure I'll be a bit more chipper. Don't know if it's smoke related but I started to have bad headaches and even lost some vision in my left eye last night for about half an hour. ????? very weird. Still have the headache which is very unusual for me.

Cs, congrads for 'coming out' with your friends. you were brave to do that and I hope you feel somewhat liberated. The fact your hubby is not supportive at this time is not helpful but by no means will stop you if you are determined to lead a healthy new lifestyle.

anyone hear about Beatle? Hope she's ok.

be well Cindi, Tiny, 4Theboyz and all to come
        nosce te ipsum
        (Know Thyself)

Comment

Good afternoon,

My company has gone and things will get back to normal here. Except that I may have to drive a daughter to a friends house - 3 hours away!! See what happens when our friends from Italy are in country for the summer? It's worth it though...

My friend and I did have a bit of chat over wine...hers not mine...last night. She said that she and her husb really should slow down their drinking...I really just let her talk for a few minutes. Unless one or both of them is drinking secretly, neither is as bad as I was and I certainly am not going to tell my "war stories". She is on the slippery slope though and she knows it.

I am really becoming comfortable with being AF. Didn't think that would happen for me. So grateful for it!!!

Good day to everyone. Was great to hear from some new people yesterday.

Off to do all the things I have put off over the past few days...

Beck
          Beck

Sometimes you get there in spite of your route, losing track of your life and what it's about, the road seems to know when to straighten right out...Mary Chapin Carpenter

Comment

Hi Everyone: I've been fine since I've gotten home from vacation...running around a bit. I'm having folks over for dinner Sat., & my husband bought the wine/beer. I'm sure he bought very conservatively, because he isn't much of a drinker (2 - absolutely tops). I've got a plan & will tell you all how it works once the dinner is over. I want to be able to coexist w/AL & not be afraid. I've been feeling very centered & have been speaking up & pushing out of my comfort zone a little. That's good for me, because repressing myself tends to lead to drinking.

Be well everyone. If you're having a hard time, please keep trying. Nothing cancels out the efforts you've made thus far. If you have a slip, get right back into it.

Mary
            Wisdom, Courage, Strength
            October 3, 2012

Comment

Mary,

I respect you very much.

My hubby knows very intimately about my trials with alcohol -- I mean the airlines call him up and tell him I can't get on the plane because I am so drunk omg :egad:

He will not let alcohol into the house and I AM SO GRATEFUL HE WON'T.

Because if it is here, I will drink it.

Sorry to say that but it is the truth.

I hope Lenair helps. I really do. I so want to be a non drinker. Period. Full stop. I so do....

Love,
              Cindi
              AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Cindi:

I must admit to being nervous about having wine here, but I'm determined to rise above. I set the table tonight & took out only 5 wine glasses. I've got my soda lined up. If there's any wine left over, I'll decide what I want to do w/it when the time comes. Mary
                Wisdom, Courage, Strength
                October 3, 2012

Comment

Working...
                X