Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BOOZE BUSTERS- Week of 7/14 - 30 Day (A)bsolutely (F)abulous Hangover Free Challenge!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BOOZE BUSTERS- Week of 7/14 - 30 Day (A)bsolutely (F)abulous Hangover Free Challenge!

Happy Monday all you Booze Busters out there!!

(and Happy Tuesday to our New Zealand Booze Busters and anyone else in the way out time zones!)

On-going Booze Busters, go to the next post! For anyone new, here's what us Booze Busters are all about.

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ):

Q: What the sam hill is a Booze Buster?
    A: Anyone who has a serious goal of staying Hangover Free (HF) (=Alcohol Free (AF)) for 30 days in a row, no matter what.

Q: Do I have to join at the start of the month?
    A: NO!! Your "Day 1" can be at any time. And if you are already into your first month or your hundredth month AF, you can join at any time. All who desire to be AF for at least 30more CONSECUTIVE days are welcome.

Q: Why are you being such a hard a$$ about 30 consecutive days AF?
    A: Because that's how tough I have to be on myself to succeed, and this challenge is meant to be "tough love" when it comes to the goal.

Q: What if I fall off the wagon - do I get kicked out?
    A: NO!! We do hope you will let us help you dust off the seat of your pants, and drag you right back onto the Booze Busters wagon. You will get your butt kicked, but you won't get kicked out. Oh - and we have a Fugly Green Suit you have to wear for a day during your butt kickin'. That polyester green suit with high water pants is worse than the butt kickin'. Give back your stars and bling and start over at Day 1 (for purposes of this challenge).

Q: What if I am tempted to drink - really really badly tempted?
    A: Come here for a kick in the seat of the pants! Read inspirational threads from start to finish, and if the desire to drink still exists, scream for help in the "Need Help Now" Section and yell for someone to join you in chat. (I wish I had done all that before the falls!!)

Q: What does the Booze Beast look like?
    A: :alf: Is one ugly SOB

Q: How does the group keep track of what day people are on?
    A: We count on YOU to shout out your stats loud and proud every day in whatever way suits you. For me, I'm collecting a star * for every AF day out of due respect for my inner child. At 30 days, collect your :bling (thank you Liv for the bling bling word!) Grab a shiny gold :award: for every consecutive 30 days. SHOUT OUT YOUR OWN MILESTONES so we can help you celebrate!

Speak up if you have other questions!! We are here to prove that WE CAN DO THIS! And that we can have a little fun while we're doing it! Let us know if you have suggestions as to how we can improve the BOOZE BUSTERS 30 Day Perpetual Challenge.

DG
    Day 54 HFAF
    :award: + ************************
    Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
    Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Hello DG and all other BBers to follow,

I'll be catching up reading some posts today. I'm back from a wonderfully relaxing vacation at the beach. First AF summer vacation in many, many years. It was a more honest, real experience.

I hope everyone is off to a strong AF July. Anyone thinking of beginning AF: jump aboard, I'm sort of partial to this time of year.

July,

Day 354 AF

Comment

Good Morning

my best wishes to all for a sucessful week in all you endeavor.

i can not thank you all (especially DG) for the unflagging support overr the last week.

July, the word honesty (or dishonesty) is really a very appropriate word to associate with an AL problem. i have always felt a sense of dishonesty when drinking and hiding. not sure if it was the drinking or the hiding. This dishonesty has really not let me enjoy full relationships with all around me. that is one of the most striking things i have found out since i have been AF.

warm regards,

diane

10 days AF -

Comment

Hello all BBers,

A new week and people are rarin' to go.

Yay!!

Here is hoping we are all successful this week and that DG has a much easier week this week with daddy. :l

Love,
        Cindi
        AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Hi Everyone: I'm joining in today, because I feel so grateful that I'm sober. Ibelieve, I too had that sense of dishonesty. That was the worst part of my drinking...even worse than the physical side effects. It was very destructive for me to have a hidden life of drinking. Mary
          Wisdom, Courage, Strength
          October 3, 2012

Comment

Thanks DG for starting us off on a new week despite your busy life and own issues right now. I hope your dad is out of emergency.
            July, welcome back! I'm so glad you had a great vacation. I'm going out of town Wed. for a couple weeks so I won't be here to celebrate your ONE YEAR!!!! anniversary so I'm sending my congratulations now.
            I Believe, you are sounding so up compared to a week ago! Do go back at times and read your early posts to give you motivation! (When we start feeling better it is easy to forget and think we can have a few again).
            Mary, glad your dinner party was a success!
            I have a busy day getting ready for my trip. Must go buy a raincoat and some real shoes (not sandals).

Comment

Good Morning BBers-

OK- I am not going to drink today. It is a new week (thanks DG for starting the weekly post-very motivating) and I am going to stop whining and start DOING. ( not doing as the drinking case may be) May was not a bad month as I am recalling that I wasnt drinking, lost some weight and got a lot done. July so far has been a BAD month, I have been drinking and have gotten NOTHING done. Hmmmm- does a hammer have to hit me on the head or what?

Thanks to Mary for your daily posts which are always thoughtful and honest reminders of what WORK it takes to live a sober life. And also that it can be done.

Honesty seems to be a good word to think about to start the week off, thanks July 23. I am going to think about what that means to me today. And I will not drink.

Louise- happy shoe shopping! All the rest to come- have a good AF day.

-a resolute Sheep

Comment

Hi all...joining in today...today I will not drink. I want to live life and be alive, and cannot do that while drunk or hungover. I deserve to have a life and I am taking mine back from AL who stole my identity a hec of a long time ago.

Let's kick some booze bustin butt's....together we can do this!

R2C
                Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall. --Confucius
                :h

Comment

Good Morning, I am happy for a fresh new week also. I am on day 3.
                  I was beating myself up over the Friday Drinking and Hubby said that I should start looking at the positive changes that are happening. He said look at all the days you haven't drank count those days up too. I do want 30 in a row. I have to say that it did make me realize that if I can go a lot of days in a row before messing up then I can finally get this right. I read a lot of your post this weekend and this morning I felt like I do need to make sobriety first and number 1. I wasn't really doing that. I guess I am having some clarity. I know it's because of all you and the post I have read. This is the first time in my long life of being a party girl that I am really addressing this problem it's like DG said Why am I trying to keep up with all the boys drinking as heavily or sometimes drinking even more then they do. What the hell is that. I feel so stupid getting into that what ever that was. Weird. I feel so grateful for this place and the stories of real life with this addiction. God bless everyone here there is so much to draw from. I will succeed.

DG I hope your father is doing better.

I also read here someone said Guard your sobriety wow, that is powerful if you think about it. You need to Guard it with your life. That is what I am seeing in those that are really having true success.

Have a great AF day

Comment

sigh, yes, another week. Thanks DG for being my cheerleader. The smoke is still hanging on but my depression is lifting! So many unhappy things happened last week to many people here. My word for the day is angst. Gotta get back into the grove! Supplements!!! down the hatch. Excercise, YES! And a little prayer also. xxx you all. g.

Comment

Oh dear, my brother in law was just taken to the hospital with breathing problems and is very anemic. He is undergoing intensive chemo, which is hard enough, but this looks like something else on top of that. And I am leaving the country! Not good, please hold positive thoughts for him.

Comment

Louise, I will say a prayer for your brother in law.

Comment

Me too Louise --
                          AF since Jan. 1, 2008 .... It all began right here

Raise your hopeful voice, you have a choice, you made it now.

(from the Movie "Once")

Comment

me too
                            hugs
                            -Sheep

Comment

There are fixes for that I'm sure. Thinking of you and him.
                              Drinking has been my hobby for several years now. It's time to get a new hobby

Comment

Working...
                              X