Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

July 14th - Monday Daily Thread

Good Morning Abbers!!

Had a great weekend but for some reason I really had some seriously strong urges on Sunday just to let 'er rip. The have a screwdriver in the morning till night super soaker kind. Thankfully family events kept me busy and I'll tell you practice makes perfect as by night I was calmed down enough to be able to go to my bowling league and enjoy my ice water watching all the other bowlers sucking down their beers on a Sunday night.

Was wound up for some reason and tossed and turned finally got to sleep but the best part is I'm a bit tired but I feel Great and hangover free. I think about all the MWO'rs here in the same boat as me and gives me the motivation I need to keep going.

I hope everyone else is racking up their own little victories and have a great AF day today as well!

4tb
    Is Addiction Really a Disease?
    Watch this and find out....
    http://youtu.be/ekDFv7TTZ4I

Boyz: We must have been posting at the same time, so I copied my post & pasted it here.

I hope all is well. My abs weekend worked out great. I'm so glad I didn't drink, because I know I wouldn't be feeling well (physically, emotionally, or spiritually) right now. I think one of the reasons I didn't pick up a drink is because I've been feeling so strong sober lately. I've met some challenges that I wouldn't have been able to.

Yesterday, I had some brief "words" w/my husb. I cleared it up RIGHT AWAY, because I KNOW that's the sort of thing that would get me going. In fact I felt the drinking reflex click in as soon as we had the little tussle. Once it was cleared up, I could get on w/my sober day. In the past, I would have stewed about it & gotten loaded.

If you're just starting here or coming back after a while, keep coming, share your triumphs & struggles. That helps all of us.

Mary

Comment

hi there!

I am posting on both threads, it is that important to me to let you all know how much I need you all, Good going Boyz!! I miss hearing about everyone here, have been a stranger, but that is going to change hopefully, at least I will hop on here and say hi, just been super busy w/ all sorts of (not so good) life stuff lately.:yuk:

I need you guys, love,:heart::heart::heart:

MA
      :rays:My happiness is my greatest gift to others:rays:eace:

Comment

Happy hangover-free Monday AB friends!

amen to that Mary, wellness is very much emotional as it is physical.

Cowgal, sorry you had a hard time on the 4th. that's actually been the toughest time I've had since going AF in Febrary for me. I spent the entire time at a friends party staring at the alcohol and smelling it on everyone and fighting a total war in my head to stay AF. yeeesh! it's funny but looking back it was a much harder night than I allowed myself to admit at the time. I suffer from the "tough guy" syndrome where I won't show when I'm in pain. bad habit really.

Renegade, it's very noble that you want to be a good role model for your kids! always welcome dear.

Beck, at least you won't have to water the plants

be well friends!

Comment

(that is a copy of my post on Mary's thread)

4thBoyz, I don't know what it is but I've not been sleeping for crap lately at all....weird. Glad you pulled through with another af victory!
          nosce te ipsum
          (Know Thyself)

Comment

Oh look two threads - I must be a bit slow on the uptake today!!!

Mary Ann, Glad you are back with us. I was thinking about you.

4tB, I have no idea why those urges come back at us when we least expect it. Still happens to me sometimes...good for you for getting through it AF.
            Beck

Sometimes you get there in spite of your route, losing track of your life and what it's about, the road seems to know when to straighten right out...Mary Chapin Carpenter

Comment

Maryann: I know from experience that when I'm having a hard time it's more difficult to come to MWO, particularly this thread. No one is here to judge you. Keep confirming your committment & come here & share. Eventually, the MWO program will click. Mary
              Wisdom, Courage, Strength
              October 3, 2012

Comment

Working...
              X