Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

July 14 - Mon. - Daily Thread

Hi Everyone:

I hope all is well. My abs weekend worked out great. I'm so glad I didn't drink, because I know I wouldn't be feeling well (physically, emotionally, or spiritually) right now. I think one of the reasons I didn't pick up a drink is because I've been feeling so strong sober lately. I've met some challenges that I wouldn't have been able to.

Yesterday, I had some brief "words" w/my husb. I cleared it up RIGHT AWAY, because I KNOW that's the sort of thing that would get me going. In fact I felt the drinking reflex click in as soon as we had the little tussle. Once it was cleared up, I could get on w/my sober day. In the past, I would have stewed about it & gotten loaded.

If you're just starting here or coming back after a while, keep coming, share your triumphs & struggles. That helps all of us.

Mary
    Wisdom, Courage, Strength
    October 3, 2012

Everyone: Please see Boyz daily thread. We posted at the same time & I reposted this at his. Mary
    Wisdom, Courage, Strength
    October 3, 2012

Comment

Hello everyone,

My kids are at vacation bible school mornings all week. And so today it rains on my free time. Had plans for good weather but not for bad - will have to adjust.

Mary, you sound wonderful. I too would drink after a fight with husb - was a big trigger for me. I don't let that set off drinking anymore. I just deal with whatever comes up when it comes up. Much better now.

Welcome Renegade!!!

Good day everyone,
      Beck

Sometimes you get there in spite of your route, losing track of your life and what it's about, the road seems to know when to straighten right out...Mary Chapin Carpenter

Comment

Hi all!

I am going to try to come and frequent this thread a little more again, screwed up bad over the 4th, have 7 days AF now.................

Glad to be here, and me too, Mary..............that fight would be tough for me to stay AF through, in fact I had a rough night last night due to the same thing, thank GOD for a good book and a bedroom, that is where I went!

Love you guys, glad to be AF for a few days again. Feels good!:yay::happy:

MA
        :rays:My happiness is my greatest gift to others:rays:eace:

Comment

Happy hangover-free Monday AB friends!

amen to that Mary, wellness is very much emotional as it is physical.

Cowgal, sorry you had a hard time on the 4th. that's actually been the toughest time I've had since going AF in Febrary for me. I spent the entire time at a friends party staring at the alcohol and smelling it on everyone and fighting a total war in my head to stay AF. yeeesh! it's funny but looking back it was a much harder night than I allowed myself to admit at the time. I suffer from the "tough guy" syndrome where I won't show when I'm in pain. bad habit really.

Renegade, it's very noble that you want to be a good role model for your kids! always welcome dear.

Beck, at least you won't have to water the plants

be well friends!
          nosce te ipsum
          (Know Thyself)

Comment

Working...
          X