Poor me! poor me ! pour me a drink !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi guys done over 8 weeks or it might be more (the counting seems to matter less now) af. And boy what a week this last week has been loads of stress pressure and general not nice life stuff, all the sort of things that historically would have me feeling sorry for myself or as my councillor says " poor me poor me pour me a drink ",( I love that enaligage its soooo true) but now i realise that heading for the bottle only makes problems worse , yes they dull the feeling even make you forget them for big but in the long run they make them worse. So I am really proud to say I faced my horrid week alone without the booze I dealt with it and that makes me feel better than any glass of wine ! and being sober , without a hangover leaves me much more able to deal with things , so all in all its win win

And just a thing have been reading about people who drink for the effect not the taste I was completely the other way drink for the taste not the effect anybody else like that ?? which is not so bad now as there are a few good af beers etc about would be interested to hear others views on this .

DD x

Yes, I can't stand the smell and the taste. The days of sipping a good red wine for its pairing with the entree are gone. I thrown it down the back of my throat bypassing my tastebuds because it is vile. Worse when it is hard liquor, such as the bottle(s) of Patrone I was ingesting.

A strange disorder, that wreaks havock in the gargantuan amounts this bodies cells screams for.

I relish in the moments when "it " is out of the room, empty bottles, linens splashed with "it".
    The freshness, the hopefullness. I and all this a reflection an expression of who I am is finally, in that moment~ a new.
    :notes:Theme2be

" Do not lose courage in considering your own imperfections but instantly set about remedying them~everyday begin the task anew".-Saint Francis de Sales

Comment

Daisy - congratulations on this stretch - I am back on the Abs. after about 4 weeks off (my big 40th birthday hit and girlfriends surprised me with a party - then I started thinking I had it licked - not so. I think I am definitely a "want the effect" person - problem is, I start liking the taste too and think I can handle more than I can.

Have a great week !

Comment

Daisy-Doo congrats on your couple months of AF time! LOL I love that saying Poor me!....

DG
        Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
        Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Working...
        X