threading back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

threading back

I had a look aback at my own threads today and found it really usufull reading how bad I felt when I had fallen of the mods wagon, my experiences with the meds and a few other things that have gone on along my way to realising that af is the only way for me. Just wanted to post this as I found it really usefully to remind myself what the drinking days were like don't ever want to become complacient and slip back to thinking I will be alright if i have a drink and then end up in the drunken pit of despair and thought others might find reading their own threads usefull.

DD x

feel in a threading mood tonight so apologise in advance will probaly bore the pants off all with my ramblings, thankfully sober ones lol

threading back

I completely understand your words D~Doo.

I have awoke , sober in the moment and aghast that I posted while saturated.
    Oh, the embarassment at the posts.
    Have wanted to eliminate them somehow, but, as you so wisely speak, they may be a help and a teaching aid down the road.

I appreciate this thread, ramble on, you just made a difference.

Thanks ever so much.
    :notes:Theme2be

" Do not lose courage in considering your own imperfections but instantly set about remedying them~everyday begin the task anew".-Saint Francis de Sales

Comment

threading back

I do think that having the join date and all past posts or threads is very useful. I have a reference point of how I am now compared to how I was when joining. Sometimes its been a rollercoaster but all in all I am doing so much better than when joining.

Sammys

Comment

threading back

Thank you

thank you 2be, been through hell and high water formany ( too many years) over my drinking its early days only been af for about 8 weeks but really wnat to put something back into thinks now and you saying I have made a difference is very humbling but feels great. so a big thank you, got all this sober time on my hands now and want to k=make a differnece even if it just a little one.

DDx

Comment

threading back

well done sammy for doing better its all a long process in my case to long aobut 25 years but i have now got 25 or more sober years to look forward too yipee and if me of the zero willpower can do this anybody can its all about timing desire support and beating this horrid disease x

Comment

threading back

This is a horrid disease.
            I have just a few years, hit me in my late 40's like a demon. I was drinking in excess prior at times, but, never the withdrawls/cravings at 6Am and all the behavior associated. I did not recognize myself. Woke up in strange places, legal problems , friends for years disappeared.

I am unrecognizable when saturated.

When I string some days together, I feel like I am being chizzled out of a marble prison.

I surface. I then, feel like I was dropped into a strange land. This will take time for myself for I have been making such efforts, then, fall flat on my face.

I am working on putting the focus on who I am before, who I was in appearance and behavior. It may pull me back to life, back to reality..

Stay inspired.

You have inspired me.
            :notes:Theme2be

" Do not lose courage in considering your own imperfections but instantly set about remedying them~everyday begin the task anew".-Saint Francis de Sales

Comment

threading back

how true are your words 2be when I am drunk I am not me atall I become the drink and its ugly, I too have lost friends partners legal problems and it never stopped me untill recently . One of the best things for me being sober these [ast few months is that I am now me not what the drink turn s me into . If i get anygry sad or cross with somebody its me thats doing it not the drink. For the past weeks I have lived life away from that cloud of fear self loathing and a million other words that all my dear friends on here could add.

So you fall on your face I have fallen so many times I should be unrecognisable butt I never gave up giving up and its my time now and I am doing great. I can drink what I like but I choose not too . Bing sober does not take away lifes stresses anf strains but it makes it so much easier to deal with them . Good luck to you and thank you for replying to my thread all the support I have got from here makes what I am doing possible

DD x Ps being sobe does not seem to be improving my dodgy typing and spelling though !!

Comment

Working...
              X