Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BOOZE BUSTERS - Week of 7/21 - (A)bsolutely (F)abulous Hangover Free 30 Day Challenge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BOOZE BUSTERS - Week of 7/21 - (A)bsolutely (F)abulous Hangover Free 30 Day Challenge

Happy Monday all you Booze Busters out there!!
    (and Happy Tuesday to our New Zealand Booze Busters and anyone else in the way out time zones!)

On-going Booze Busters, go to the next post! For anyone new, here's what us Booze Busters are all about.

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ):

Q: What the sam hill is a Booze Buster?
    A: Anyone who has a serious goal of staying Hangover Free (HF) (=Alcohol Free (AF)) for 30 days in a row, no matter what.

Q: Do I have to join at the start of the month?
    A: NO!! Your "Day 1" can be at any time. And if you are already into your first month or your hundredth month AF, you can join at any time. All who desire to be AF for at least 30more CONSECUTIVE days are welcome.

Q: Why are you being such a hard a$$ about 30 consecutive days AF?
    A: Because that's how tough I have to be on myself to succeed, and this challenge is meant to be "tough love" when it comes to the goal.

Q: What if I fall off the wagon - do I get kicked out?
    A: NO!! We do hope you will let us help you dust off the seat of your pants, and drag you right back onto the Booze Busters wagon. You will get your butt kicked, but you won't get kicked out. Oh - and we have a Fugly Green Suit you have to wear for a day during your butt kickin'. That polyester green suit with high water pants is worse than the butt kickin'. Give back your stars and bling and start over at Day 1 (for purposes of this challenge).

Q: What if I am tempted to drink - really really badly tempted?
    A: Come here for a kick in the seat of the pants! Read inspirational threads from start to finish, and if the desire to drink still exists, scream for help in the "Need Help Now" Section and yell for someone to join you in chat. (I wish I had done all that before the falls!!)

Q: What does the Booze Beast look like?
    A: :alf:Is one ugly SOB

Q: How does the group keep track of what day people are on?
    A: We count on YOU to shout out your stats loud and proud every day in whatever way suits you. For me, I'm collecting a gold star *
    for every AF day out of due respect for my inner child. At 30 days, collect your :bling (thank you Liv for the bling bling word!) Grab a shiny gold :award: for every consecutive 30 days. SHOUT OUT YOUR OWN MILESTONES so we can help you celebrate!

Speak up if you have other questions!! We are here to prove that WE CAN DO THIS! And that we can have a little fun while we're doing it! Let us know if you have suggestions as to how we can improve the BOOZE BUSTERS 30 Day Perpetual Challenge.

DG
    Day 61 HFAF
    2X:award: + *

One day at a time.

Carrying on from last week's thread...

Hannah, it is terrific to have you back! I hope your computer is working fine again, because I want to hear the STORIES from the big week with Mr. Hannah's boss and Mrs. Boss in town. Plus we have lots of other catch up to do - like did you get set up for total Curves torture yet?????

Sheep, Green is SO not your color, so no more wearing of the suit, OK? Hope this new weekly thread welcomes you to a fabulous hangover free day 3. My Mom is hangin' in there and being a real trooper for now. This nursing home / rehab center is :egad:.

CXD I really am going to remember your "cleansing" position because it really IS true. I hope you are doing well AF and feeling great.

Lila***** They start adding up quick don't they!!!

This morning will be another busy one. I want to work out first thing, then my 7:30 referrals group meeting, then a meeting with the accountant for quarterly tax stuff, then some errands and back to the shop. The time is already flying today!! It's Day 61 and life is SO GOOD!!

Have a great Booze Bustin' Day everyone! And welcome to all new Booze Busters who want to get started on a 30 day AFHF challenge.

DG
    :award: + :award: + *
    Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
    Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Hi Doggygirl & Boozebusters!

I would really like to join this challenge as I really want to get 30days AF under my belt.
      Have managed about two weeks so far but then always back to square one again.

I am currently on Day 3 today.

I was thinking about going AF for the next two weeks and then allowing myself a few drinks during the August Bank Holiday weekend/week here in Ireland (Aug 1st - 10th) as my husband if off that week and we will be going away for a few days and also again for a few days towards the end of August. My plan was then, once into September and back into normal routine, that I would then try the 30 days AF. However, I have been thinking all weekend about it and thinking about why AL is such a big part of my life and why can I not relax or have fun without it? I would love to prove to myself that I can enjoy a holiday without feeling that booze has to be an integral part of it.

I will have a lot of work to do come September and it will be like that until Christmas so I really need to be on top of things and be able to concentrate on my work. So I have been thinking that if I can keep up the 30 days AF now and hopefully even after that, then it will put me in a far better position mentally and physically to prepare myself for the September rush.

I know I feel way better when I have not been drinking so why I keep doing this to myself I don't know.

Why put off what I can do now??? I know I can do this.

:h
      Bandit
      There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning.

Comment

Thanks DG!
        I don't have much time 'cuz I overslept, but it's 5 today!!!
        Lila *****

Comment

Five weeks for me! Proud that I hang in there even during the trials of hubby's behavior. Wheels are in motion to remedy that.

Bandit, Yes.... you most certainly can do this. You want it and you deserve it. So go get it! We'll all push you along.
          sigpic
          Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Hello all Booze Busters!

I have finally, finally, finally (yes, finally!) made an appointment to see an alcohol counsellor. It's only something I've been meaning to do for, oh, about four years, maybe longer. This particular place runs a drop-in service on Thursday evenings and I've spent many a Thursday thinking I ought to go and then chickening out (and then of course beating myself up for not going!). I've even made it as far as going there and loitering outside and still chickening out! But now I've got an appointment on Friday and feel like I've made a very positive step. I'm not expecting miracles, but I think it will be good to talk to someone about where I'm at and strategies for the future.

Have a great day everyone.
            sigpic
            AF since December 22nd 2008
            Real change is difficult, and slow, and messy - Oliver Burkeman

Comment

Good monday morning to all, I am extremely excited about starting my first full week AF. Last week went pretty well, though last night I wanted a cigarette super bad so I just read and fell asleep instead.

Best wishes everyone, let's have a fantastic week!
              Marlon

Comment

Hi Everyone: I'm joining in this week. I drank over the weekend...not too bad, but I really didn't have to. Even w/the slips I've had (there have been 2 in July), I'm beginning to see the difference in my life between my non-drinking & drinking days. There's really no comparison. I enjoy life so much more when I'm sober. I'm planning on staying sober today & will be going to an Alanon meeting later. Have a wonderful day everyone. Mary
                Wisdom, Courage, Strength
                October 3, 2012

Comment

THANKS

hello to all

DG - thanksfor starting off a great Monday once again.

i've been AFHF for 16 days. some days are very easy and some are very hard. however, i am very grateful for where i am.

it is very interesting to be AFHF and have a better idea of who/what can push your buttoms to encourage you (but you can say no_) to have that one drink.

can anyone share for me constructive hints / ideas as to how to deal with those buttom pusher situations.

i'll start off with my ideas and then if people can addit would be great:

Comment

THANKS

hello to all

DG - thanksfor starting off a great Monday once again.

i've been AFHF for 16 days. some days are very easy and some are very hard. however, i am very grateful for where i am.

it is very interesting to be AFHF and have a better idea of who/what can push your buttoms to encourage you (but you can say no_) to have that one drink.

can anyone share for me constructive hints / ideas as to how to deal with those buttom pusher situations.

i'll start off with my ideas and then if people can addit would be great:
                    -just identifying asituation is the first step

-ID it and then take a deep breath (or two)

-if it is a person tell yourself its their probelm (ie whatever they are saying to you etc.) and not yours. you don't have repsond byrunning away and having a drink. in fact, you don't have to respond at all. just take another deep breath (or two)

-if it is a physcial place (ie driving past the liquor store where you alwsy stopped) - just drive by, acknwoledge and smile to yourslef you may it by that "magnet" one more time

i'd love it if others could add to this list.

i've made it to 16 but i could use some help.

warm regards to all of my friends

diane

Comment

Hi all,
                      I wanted to check in again.
                      Diane - I wonder about that question too. Having some drinks at the end of a stressful day became my way to unstress during a significant life change of mine. So if that is how to un-stress, and being alive means you have to face stresses - and I don't get much alone time because I am a single mom - but sometimes when they are at their dad's I have just started drinking mid-afternoon.
                      So what to do!!!! Last night I journaled.....
                      I guess I am just going to try to be open to life. I have been isolating myself from people. I don't know. It is just what I seem to do when I am stressed.
                      Lila *****

Comment

Diane & Lila, you got me thinking about dealing with stress, and I found this site with lots of good advice:

Stress Management Tips.com
                        sigpic

Comment

BTW, Bandit - good thinking! None of us will ever have a clear 30-day stretch ahead without the challenge of some event or even just a weekend to get through without booze. So NOW is a great time to start, and as you say it will get you in good shape to deal with an upcoming busy work schedule.
                          sigpic

Comment

I'm Ready.......

I've been putting this off because I can't find a stretch of time I think will work, but as someone just posted, there will never be 30 days of event free time.

Less then a month until my boys go back to school. Then there is PTA, Soccer practice, my job, my own weight training goals and volunteer work. How will I find the time to drink everyday like I am now. I bet I can and it is this thought that is really stressing me out. I really need to get off the drinking everyday cycle. HELP ME PLEASE....

Yours,
                            Laura
                            Humor is just another defense against the universe!

Comment

good morning, I kind of had bad weekend with the drinking. I was thinking of leaving this tread for while, but then I changed my mind. I will try again for the 30 days. I ordered some kudzu from this site. I am hoping I will have some good results. I am happy that you all are doing good. day 1 I really want to stay positive about this.

Comment

Working...
                              X