Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

if i ever needed a drink today was the day

I resisted though.

Today sucked. I've been running around like a jerk in unbelievable heat and have gotten almost zero accomplished.

I stopped to get petrol, where one can conveniently get an ice cold beer at the same time, but I didn't do it. I'm home. I had lemonade and a fresh mango instead. I deserve a reward.

:goodjob:Way to go. Its over 90 degrees here and the price of gas makes me want to drink. Sorry your having a rough day, be proud of your self.

Comment

you hav a reward yur here ,congrats 67,even tho the cold one mt of been intrestin been thro the same all weekend gyco

Comment

I can't drink - I have all this kudzu in me.
        rrrrr
        Lila

Comment

There is so much - courts, court decisions, lawyers, lawyers, delays, waiting to hear....not knowing what is ahead of me, and this has gone on for a few years....taking x to court....when will this be done?
          YES there's very good things in my life....there is...

Comment

oh gosh Lila... been through those days too. except i didn't show up in court... sent my attorney instead.
            that phase in life is the worst. thanks for the perspective!

Comment

so...I should drink, huh???
              I'm kidding. So this stuff ends someday? Does it really? My x could be facing jail, haha!!!
              I don't want that - I just want what I am supposed to get.
              Does it end, ever????

Comment

hey... send him to jail, why not? it could be fun, ya never know!

my ex would have gotten deported if I had gone to the hearings.
                hind sight is 20/20 as they say. i should have gone to court. at the time i couldn't handle it. interestingly enough... i didn't drink back then. i was too scared not to have my wits about me.
                when all settled.. that is when i feel apart.
                i know that won't happen to you as you obviously learned about the dangers of AL.

on a positive note, tomorrow is another day. let's hope it will be a cooler one as well!!!!

Comment

tomorrow is another day...closer for this to be over...
                  but no drinks....just solitaire on the computer....
                  actually, this court stuff is what got me drinking - to settle down
                  thanks for writing 1967!!!
                  Lila

Comment

Hey 1967 ---- which island are you on .. A, B, or C? I've been to C on a couple of cruises, but have been going to Aruba every year for 20 years.... love it!

Comment

1967 so glad to hear you made it thur and had a glass of lemonade instead of a beer ..
                      life get so much better without worry about al and what it might do to you..
                      keep it going you are doing a great jod ..
                      :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
                      best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

mornin' new day...

The Netherlands Antilles is part of the Lesser Antilles and consists of two groups of islands: Cura?ao and Bonaire, Sint Eustatius, Saba and Sint Maarten.
                        Aruba is a Constituent Country of the Kingdom of the Netherlands and is no longer a part of the Netherland Antilles. Since January 1, 1986, the Kingdom of the Netherlands has consisted of three completely autonomous, constitutionally equal countries: the Netherlands, the Netherlands Antilles, and Aruba.
                        Anyhow, which islands were you referring to as A & B? I assume C is Aruba?

Where are u in Canada? How has ur summer been? Really hot here. I'm up very early to try and do things before the heat of the day.

Comment

Hi 1967 --- We've always referred to Aruba, Bonaire and Curacao as the "ABC" islands up here ... and thought they were all under the same group of Netherland Antilles. We call Aruba our "home away from home" --- even though we only get to stay there for 2 weeks each year. Actually we only own one week at a timeshare but have found it not to be enough for the expense of the flight and it goes by so quickly, so we rent an additional week from another member. I'm in the Toronto area. Our summer got off to a late start. Lots of rain this year, following a winter with record snowfalls. Temps fluctuate from 26C - 33C, but with the humidity it feels much hotter.

Comment

1967 --- which island is it that you're on?

Comment

Why do I feel like this ? Is this normal ?

I can't quite work this out been af for over 9 weeks now , its been great not living with all the crap alchl brings in my life, Have sorted loads of stuff out that would not have been able to do before, pached up my relationship it was seriously on the rockbefore I went af its going great guns now. So why do I feel miseable can I really be missing something that brought chaos into my life for nearly 30 years ? is this normal ? any insight would be much appreciated

DD x

Comment

Working...
                              X