Just want to say Hi!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just want to say Hi!

Hi everyone.....sorry I haven't been around for a while. I've popped in occasionally to scan a few posts but haven't been able to post myself. Luckily a few pms have made me see sense and helped me realise how important MWO is to me and that I shouldn't stay away. Thank you to those people for caring (you know who you are).

I had my first drink on day 120 - champage on my son's graduation day. It was two days after mam went into the home and the day before the first anniversary of Dad dying. No excuse I know. No accident. No plan. I just did it.

My son's graduation day was the happiest day I've had in a longtime, I was so very proud of him and along with my husband, daughter, mum-in-law and all his friends, we had a fantastic day. No, I don't regret those two glasses of champagne.

That following weekend my husband and I went to Switzerland for the week, as part of our silver wedding anniversary celebrations this year. Again, I drank - sharing a bottle of wine over dinner most nights.

Since coming home I've been fine - lots of stressful decisions coming up re mam but I'm okay. I'm not binge drinking and I'm not back to old ways. But I'm not daft either. I know only too well what could happen and thats why I don't want to stay too far away from MWO. I just couldn't post before now and I do apologise to all my close friends especially on the daily abs thread........I just couldn't find the words to say "Hi, by the way I'm drinking again.......".

Right now I feel good, I'm happy and I'm enjoying the good things in my life - my husband, two teenagers who are home for the summer, my lovely house and garden, and my daily swim which keeps me "grounded". I'm also looking forward to catching up with old friends......and new.

love & best wishes,

Janicexxx
    AF since 9 May 2012
    Quit trying to control something that is uncontrollable (Bear February 08)

Just want to say Hi!

Hi Janice...what an honor to be the first to say "hi" back at ya. We have missed you so, and wondered how you were doing. Don't ever be ashamed to come here and say you have been drinking. We have all been there and done that. That is what we are here for, each other.

But you sound so good. It sounds like you are keeping it under control. You have the tools now if it gets out of hand. We will always be here for you. Please don't stay away for so long again. We really did miss you.

Hugs R2C (formerly tkeene)
    Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall. --Confucius
    :h

Comment

Just want to say Hi!

hi Janice,
      I really enjoyed reading your post. I think it is really great for 'graduates' (???) to write. You know, lots of us who post are busy in our crises, and in the moment, and all.
      I've been to Switzerland - it is beautiful.
      Pop in some more!
      Lila

Comment

Just want to say Hi!

welcome back and thank you for sharing that good news
        :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
        best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

Just want to say Hi!

Janice
          Sure have been missing you on the abs thread, glad to have you check in, and glad all is well. You feel good, you are happy and you are enjoying your family.....life sounds pretty good. Glad to have you back!!
          sobriety date 11-04-07

Comment

Just want to say Hi!

Janice, nice to see you back and all is well!

Comment

Just want to say Hi!

Janice: I'm so glad you checked in. You're doing fine, & now you know all the signs that can turn normal drinking into the alcoholic type of drinking. I too have had 2 drinking experiences in July. I can't say I've enjoyed them however.

Tonight I went to an Alanon meeting, & a member (who is also a member of AA) spoke about readiness. She said that people KNOW when they are ready to stop drinking. I think I'm starting to understand that readiness concept. Kathy (Young at Heart) has spoken about it.

So, for me, my goal continues to be abstinence. I know that if I let myself, I could easily go back to my former, pre-MWO levels of drinking.

I'm just so glad you're back & enjoying your family & home. Your mam has her own path, though it isn't an easy one.

Love, Mary
              Wisdom, Courage, Strength
              October 3, 2012

Comment

Just want to say Hi!

Janice,

Good to have you back in the MWO fold. While an explanation is never needed, I think your recognizing that you are doing something that has caused you pain in the past is healthy. As you know well, mods is a tricky path to follow.

July

Comment

Just want to say Hi!

Hi Janice,

120 days!! What an accomplishment.

You sound like you are very aware of where you are with your drinking.....and you sound happy. Be careful with the mods. If you need to you know how to get back to abs.

Amelia
                  Amelia

Sober since 30/06/10

Comment

Just want to say Hi!

Hi Janice... Good to hear from you and that you are happy and enjoying life. You sound in a good place around so much - and isn't that just great and wonderful! Isn't that just what this 'hard work' has been all about?! Relax and enjoy it - I think sometimes we just don't believe as human beings that things can be ok, that our new way is an ok way....we're always looking for problems and making it hard for ourselves for some 'Great Reason' !!!!!!! 'Fear Around Al' is very, very useful but if we are fearful 24/7, then he still has power over our life that drains us!

You've worked hard for this and, as Amelia says, you know what to do 'if'...... But for now enjoy the steady gentleness of balance. You know it sucks being 'over the line' so just don't go there!

Take care - be happy!!!!

Love FMS xx

PS Have you read Johnnie Walker's (DJ!) auto-biography? For me it has been the best book - and it came to mind to ask you..... Leave it with you!
                    :heart: c: :heart:
                    "Be patient and gentle with yourself - the magic is in you."

Comment

Just want to say Hi!

Hi Janice. It's so very good to hear from you. It sounds like this time of this year is quite bittersweet. I'm glad you are enjoying your life right now. I hope this moderation path works out for you!!

DG
                      Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                      Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Working...
                      X