Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do I feel like this ? Is this normal ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't quite work this out been af for over 9 weeks now , its been great not living with all the crap alchl brings in my life, Have sorted loads of stuff out that would not have been able to do before, pached up my relationship it was seriously on the rockbefore I went af its going great guns now. So why do I feel miseable can I really be missing something that brought chaos into my life for nearly 30 years ? is this normal ? any insight would be much appreciated

DD x

DD Thank you XX MintyXX...A mess at the mo ...WOW! 9 weeks, that's SO brilliant . Sorry you're feeling miserable...can't help I'm afraid, haven't got that far yet. Do you think that maybe it's getting used to your new life? It's good your relationship's good now. What is it that makes you feel so miserable?

Thinking of you. XX MintX

Comment

Hi Daisy,
      I don't know what it is about that time between 60-90 days??? But, several of us felt the same as you do. Happy not to be drinking, yet feeling in a sort of limbo. Well, the good news is that you are about to experience a real break through! We(the folks on the 31 and Beyond, Non-drinker thread) talked about how the first 30 or so days is all about just not drinking! Then we begin to get organised, take control of our lives again and then........we think, What's next??? At this stage of this path, it is important to work on life style and new interests.....reading, hobbies, new social avenues......it is the What do I want to do next......things I could never do while still drinking!

Great Job, Daisy! The best is yet to come!
      xxxKate
      A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

Daisy, I agree with the points that Kate raised. In addition, I think it's worth remembering that we are dealing with a physical addiction that has altered our brain chemistry. I think it will take quite awhile before thoughts of drinking stop happening all together. (same is true with quitting smoking) Our brains will keep trying to get a fix.

At least I believe that's in play, in addition to the other life style changes.

Congrats on 9 weeks AF!! That is great. Don't give up!

DG
        Day 62 AFHF
        Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
        Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

thank you for the replys and support. Once again you all hit the nail right on the head it really is a sort of limbo thing some how feel empty which is mad as in the past to be here af would have just seemed like a dream and you know the fist few days you just wish you could fast forwad it to months and then its is turning into months and its all a bit strange, god this is all garbbled( sounds like I have given up the booze for drug the rubbish i am talking here lol ) And madly my brain is saying have a drink it will make you feel better , but my bigger self is saying NO WAY a drink never made anything better. So going to stick with it and sure this feeling will pass and glad to discover that its normal to feel like this going to order a couple of new dresses for my pending holiday , a bit of retail thereapy never fails Once again :thanks:

DD x

Comment

Hi Daisy do
            I am 66 days AF after having had al in my life for over 40 years.The last 10 days or so I had some what i would call down days.For no reason.Having slipped in the past after a good 6 months AF free run I recognized not to worry about it.I reasoned that people who aren't dealing with this have down days at times also.Normal life rhythms.
            I do know that somethings that have been suppressed are more painful now to deal with.This is life.Numbing myself with the al is not the answer.I will either sort them out myself or turn to professionals for guidance.
            Stay Healthy and Keep Fighting
            Stay Healthy and Keep Fighting
            AF 5-16-08

Comment

YES ITS NORMAL ITS CALLED LONG TERM WITHDRAWL BUT YOU WILL HAVE XCITEMENT IN YOUR LIFE ONCE IN WHILE BEEN 9 MONTHS SOON 4 ME I NO THE FEELIN GYCO

Comment

Good for you,Daisy!! Retail therapy and a holiday!! Just think, a holiday, you will remember! A holiday feeling good every day!!

What doggy girl said about changes is brain chemistry is so true. We have a new way of thinking and looking at everything! We also need to create a life style that supports our new thinking!
                A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

Working...
                X