X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Friday 25 July

Good morning Abbers,

London is finally basking in summer sunshine - YAY!! :sun:

A group of us sat outside in the lushious warm evening yesterday celebrating someone's birthday. I went through just about every fruit juice on the menu. A bit of a challenge for the imagination re what to order when the guys around you are on their 6th pint of beer, but hey, bring on the antioxidants!

Charlee - have a great, great time in Italy!

Cindi - we are counting the days, you are almost there. Hang in, ODAT.

Have a great end to the week, everybody!

Friday 25 July

Pamina: Many thanks for starting this thread. I'm so grateful for my sobriety today, as I've been chipping away at my fears & issues:
    -doing more things on my own.
    -getting myself into condition.
    -letting others in my life take care of themselves a little more.
    -speaking up when I have to.
    These sound like small things to some of you, but they are big for me. I went through years & years when I avoided doing these things because of drinking. Now, I'm having to learn to do them all over again. I feel calmer & much more centered.

If you're coming to this thread for the first few times, please feel free to share. You don't have to have long-term abs to share here. All you need is a desire to change your life. All you need is a goal. There is a way out. I didn't see one until I came to MWO a little more than a year ago. I've had many, many AF days (& some slips) along the way. However, I feel my life changing slowly.
    -if I do slip, I don't go into a full-out binge.
    -I feel some of the old drinking habits falling away.

I'm working on being fully in my life. Even w/life's ups & downs, I don't have to blur the edges all the time. I can work through issues & come out the other side. I don't need to numb out in order to feel a little peace.

Good luck everyone.

Mary
    Wisdom, Courage, Strength
    October 3, 2012

Comment

Friday 25 July

Good morning!
      Mary - I loved your post - the "Blur around the edges" hits me right between the eyes - that seems to be how it always starts for me - just want a little light buzz....then a bottle of wine later....

Pamina - good to see you're going strong - and congratulations on getting through last night!

Starting day 5 AF today.

Comment

Friday 25 July

Aloha Friday AB-friends!

good line Pamina: bring on the antioxidants!

busy busy day here but can't complain. Any day with a clear mind is a blessing.

be well Pamina, Mary, Doglvr, and all to come
        nosce te ipsum
        (Know Thyself)

Comment

Friday 25 July

retteacher;369433 wrote:

I'm working on being fully in my life. Even w/life's ups & downs, I don't have to blur the edges all the time. I can work through issues & come out the other side. I don't need to numb out in order to feel a little peace.
          Mary,

I agree with your thoughts completely.

July

Comment

Working...
          X