Sat. - July 26 - Daily Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was surprised to see that this thread was not begun at 2:36PM Eastern Time. Vacations & funtime for everyone. We're having the family (daughter, SIL, & g-sons) for dinner. It'll be fun.

My husb surprised me today by asking me to stop by the liquor store for a bottle of pinot for tonight's dinner. Either he didn't realize how serious my drinking prob was or he forgot. I conveniently "forgot" to get the wine & called my daughter to bring whatever AL they might want. I can always get them to bring it home w/them afterwards. I do much, much better when I don't have anything in the house tempting me...especially wh. wine.

I very briefly toyed w/the idea of getting the bottle of wine & "a little something for myself beforehand." I would get NOTHING out of sharing a bottle of wine w/others. It wouldn't even scratch the surface. Then I asked myself:
    -Do you want to be tired & under the influence when the family gets to the house?
    -Do you want the strain of acting "normal?"
    -Do you want to ruin a wonderful family time?

No contest. No wine.

Mary
    Wisdom, Courage, Strength
    October 3, 2012

top of the Saturday ABland!

Mary, good call! you chose to push for health and happiness. I agree...sharing a bottle of vino would just be a teaser for me as well.

so...putzing around the house catching up on little projects. taking it easy.

be well everyone
    nosce te ipsum
    (Know Thyself)

Comment

Mary,

You touched on something I talked with Mags about.

One glass of wine is torture. Oh shoot, two glasses of wine is torture.

I am not sure how many it takes to satisfy me, usually I am blacked out by then.

You made an excellent call!!

Hi, Det!!!

Love,
      Cindi
      AF April 9, 2016

Comment

I think it takes about 5 healthy sized glasses of wine for me to feel like I've actually been drinking. Anything less is (yes, Deter) a "teaser." However, by 5 I too am heading for a black-out, a sure hangover the next day, & of course, guilt & remorse. Mary
        Wisdom, Courage, Strength
        October 3, 2012

Comment

Mary, you did a great job thinking that through today...

Don

Comment

Mary, congrats on a great decision. And count me too in that crowd of "one or two is just a tease." I just can't go down that path either, no matter how tempting the fantasy is sometimes. I'm sure you feel great today about that decision - especially Hangover Free!

Hi Det and Cindi and Chief!!

DG

ETA: Deter I love your new avatar!!!! :H
            Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
            Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Working...
            X