Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BOOZE BUSTERS-Week of 7/28-30 Day (A)bsolutely (F)abulous (H)angover (F)ree Challenge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BOOZE BUSTERS-Week of 7/28-30 Day (A)bsolutely (F)abulous (H)angover (F)ree Challenge

Just trying to catch up with my BBers! I loved the posts. So inspiring. Pamina I love the "detour thru the bottle" thoughts ... so true.

Hair color ... interesting. I just read recently that as we age 2 shades lighter on hair color is best for our faces. Being an esthetician - I am always looking for a "fresh youthful look with out looking like I'm trying to be 20" :H Happy coloring!!

Today marks the end of my 7th month - starting month 8 AF. What a journey and NOW a JOY!! :award::bling x 7

Love to all
    AF since Jan. 1, 2008 .... It all began right here

Raise your hopeful voice, you have a choice, you made it now.

(from the Movie "Once")

Comment

Doggygirl;373125 wrote: One week to go until the Olympics
      Yay! Bring on the beach volleyball! Fantastic! I LOVED the beach volleyball last time, it's hilarious. Any fave events, Doggygirl, or just the whole lot? I like the track & field events and the swimming but I'm not so keen on the weightlifting, shooting, horsey stuff. Can't stand boxing either.

Pamina: well done on getting things sorted out. Yup, 999 to go!

I've been swimming again today (in training for London 2012 :H NOT). Lovely.

Hope everyone has a great Booze Bustin weekend
      sigpic
      AF since December 22nd 2008
      Real change is difficult, and slow, and messy - Oliver Burkeman

Comment

Happy Saturday Booze Busters!!! And waving to Mame where it is probably Sunday by now. Hello to all other Booze Busters who we haven't seen in awhile and who might be struggling. We are thinking of you and hoping you are doing OK. Come back no matter what!

Lila******** Glad to hear you are keeping up with the biking!! Here's a big thumbs up to hair color!!!!! What is Sally Beauty??

Liv,

:cheering: CONGRATULATIONS ON 7 MONTHS AFHF!! :cheering:

I've hear that too about 2 shades lighter as we get older. I notice other women doing it, but I can't figure out if and even how to do it LOL! I have dark brunette hair, and since I color it now I think there are issues with going lighter? Maybe just a shade would work...I dunno. I only started coloring my own hair last year so am not an expert. If anything right now I'm feeling more racy and would like to experiment with more red in it, but after reading Hannah's story awhile back......

Marshy - YEAH on the swimming!! I take it nothing was lost in the pool this time?? I like watching just about any of the Olympic sports - I think it's the idea of it that I love so much - these kids who worked their whole life and finally make it - sap sap sap!! I don't care so much for boxing and wrestling. The sports like basketball and soccer dont' pull my heart strings quite so much since (at least for US) most of the players are professionals anyway. But I like swimming, diving, gymnastics, beach volleyball!!!!!, track (don't like all the doping stuff that's been going on), synchronized swimming (bling in the pool!!), the equestrian stuff (I used to ride) - I will be glued to the TV and internet.

I dont' talk a lot about this, but on May 22 when I went AF, Mr. Doggy also gave up a vice - not AL. We just finished our best month EVER (almost 5 years) in our business. We were talking yesterday about how much our vices really were dragging us down - more than we even realized. Even though we both crave our vices at times, the sober life is SO worth it on every level. July is typically a difficult month with so many people taking vacations, etc. Not to mention the economy struggling a bit. So to have our best month ever in July 2008 was quite the wake up call that we should have done this a long time ago. (no kidding)

Well, Onward with Day...what day is it....73 I think. I love having to stop and think about that!! Have a GREAT booze bustin' Saturday everyone!

DG
        :award: + :award: + *************
        Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
        Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Hi all -
          Haircolor! I LOVE makeup and beauty stuff! Sally Beauty is one of those places for real hairdressers, but you don't need to be one to shop there. I get developer, and a haircolor, plastic gloves all separately. I mix 2 colors together to get the shade I want. I would never go back to going to Target and getting a box of haircolor.
          Right now I am wishing my hairdresser would call saying she has a cancellation, cuz I want my hair cut shorter - today!!
          I already went biking a bit today. I bike pretty slow, it is how I am.
          Marshy, how do you keep your hair nice with chlorine pools, if that's where you swim? I am thinking over the winter, maybe I could swim in the community pool, but it is heavily chlorinated.
          I wonder if anyone can help me...I have to figure out a career for myself. How do you do that? Does this sound crazy? How do people know what they want to do?
          Lila *********

Comment

Lila;374030 wrote: Marshy, how do you keep your hair nice with chlorine pools?
            I don't. Hahaha. It's short and dark and I've never coloured it so there's not much that can go wrong really. But I've only recently started going swimming so if it starts falling out I'll let you all know. :H
            Career. Hmmm. Any idea what field you're interested in? Experience/qualifications that lead a particular way?
            sigpic
            AF since December 22nd 2008
            Real change is difficult, and slow, and messy - Oliver Burkeman

Comment

Hey all !

I slept in til 10:30...cause I wanted to...could cause I wasn't hungover...yahoo!

Hair color is fun! Started when I was 39, should have done sooner. Got my first gray hair when I was 16, thanks Dad. lol. I have short hair ( my guy friend calls it Jamie Lee Curtis when it is fresh cut). I get 3 colors foiled in, one darkish, midtone and then blondish. That way when the gray grows in it blends better and I can go longer w/out more color hence not as much money. And I like it to grow out till it gets a little curly. Although with me new lifestyle it is growing alot faster so some of that al savings is going to the hairdresser lol for her!

When my kids did swim lessons all last year we put conditioner on the girls hair before we put on swim caps.( my son buzzhead could care less) We also used a swim shampoo for getting out chlorine..hmmm brand is....maybe loreal? darn that menopause memory loss lol. One of my daughters has blonde hair and she did not turn green. well and neither did her hair!

My favorite Olympic Athletes - Olga Corbett and Mark Spitz. Must of been my age but I can still remember the excitement and wonderfulness of those two.

Hope everyone has a good rest of their day.

type to you later!
              workout:chick:mwo2

It's my world to make now...cuz I found my way out.

Comment

Hi, I'm back home. Looks like there are lots of new people in 2 weeks and a lot happening. Not sure I'll be able to catch up! Well, my vacation did not go so well. We got to London early am then that night got a call that my brother-in-law, who was in the hospital but supposedly getting better, had died. Spent 2 days trying to figure out how to get back to the states but to a different destination than home. Stayed after the funeral to try to help my sister. I have not been AF, am wearing the frigging suit and must get back on track. My husband, who stayed in the UK to go to his conference, will get home tonight. Sorry this is all about me. Hi to all.

Comment

Oh Louise - I am so sorry. It should be all about you right now and about your family. Please know that I am thinking about you, tying up my sneakers I can meet you at the track.
                  (I know how you feel- I lost my sister suddenly when she was at the hospital. Not to take away from you, but I know how you feel)

Anything I can do?

Hugs and strength to you ,

LAn.

Comment

Hi all!

Thanks for all the thoughts and waves! This has been the first time I have been home for a couple of days ..... cuddled the cat (first!) then uncle Mame! caught up with washing, made chicken soup .... and had a long bath!!

My friend leaves town tomorrow for a smaller city where she will be very close to her daughter, SIL and grandchildren. The last week we have been packing up her house, and only the last minute stuff to go now. She was too weak (low white blood cell count) for her chemo this week so she had a blood transfusion instead ....... has meant that she has had a bit more energy for her last weekend here, and has friends to visit and say goodbye.

once I have caught up on a few thingts this week, I will be back a bit more regularly!!
                    mame
                    Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

Hello Booze Busters!!

louise, it is good to see you back although I am so sorry to hear about the circumstances. My sympathies to you and your sister and your family about the loss of your brother in law. That must have been very unsettling to get the call right after arriving in London and have to then figure out transportation issues etc. that you had never had to do before. I will keep you and your sister in my thoughts. Give your hubby a big hug when he gets home. Every day is precious. We missed you and are here for you if there is anything we can do - even just a shoulder.

Mame - it is so good to see you too and I would imagine it's bittersweet for you with your dear friend moving. I'm sure you are pleased for her that she will be closer to her family, but I would imagine you are sad that she will be farther away from you. We miss and and will keep you and your friend in our thoughts.

Lila of Many Stars, I'm very impressed that you can do the color like the pros do it!!! I can only manage the box from Walmart. mwo2 - your hair sounds cool with the multiple colors. Back when I had a beautician doing my hair, she did it a couple of times where she died the whole thing a color, but then did foils for a reddish highlight. It looked really cool but LOL - I'm not enough of a girly girl to be willing to sit in the chair that long!!! THREE foils must take forever!!! And to add Marshy in the mix on hair, I am pea green with envy of you ladies who can wear short hair! My face is too fat/round/big/something and it just doesn't look good on me. I sure would love the easy care!! Although I like the lady who cuts my hair now. She's pretty good at going with some natural VERY slight wave in my hair, and layering in such a way that if I don't blow dry it at all it's not too bad, and it's easy enough to style that even ME of the All Thumbs With Hair can at least do something minimal.

That tip about conditioner on the hair before the swim cap sounds like a good idea. I don't swim these days, but never would have thought that one up on my own!!

mwo2 - interesting your comment about sleeping in just because you wanted to rather than because of a hangover. LOL yesterday after dog training Mr. Doggy and I were talking about something or other, and mid sentence I completely forgot what I was talking about! We laughed about that sort of thing happening naturally - and not always a trigger for the "you've had too much to drink" conversation. (argument)

Lila, if you tell us a little more about your background and what you are looking for career wise, I bet you will get lots of suggestions and ideas!!

I've been up and at 'em since 4AM - I'm really loving that schedule!! I love my "me time" before the rest of the world (well, my household anyway) is up and at 'em. The family BBQ is today. I made the cucumber salad and coleslaw and have the rest of my prep chores well organized. This would not be going so smoothly and ahead of schedule if I were hungover!! And believe it or not, even though it's only 7:20, I would have a drink going by now (assuming I were out of bed) in the old days. How in the world did I ever think these non or VERY little drinking in-laws couldn't tell that I was WAY in the bag already by the time they arrived at noon. OH how we lie to ourselves regarding AL!! I'm glad to be sober.

Well, my coffee break is over so I'm going to get back to work. I hope everyone is having a great AFHF Booze Bustin' Weekend! It's Day 74 for me, and will NOT give that up. NO NO NO.

DG
                      :award: + :award: + **************
                      Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                      Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Good morning

hello to all

just a short post. i've been on the road for work and unable to get in this week.

i really enjoyed reading all of the posts.

MWO - congrats on your accomplishments

Louise - my deepest sympathy- while no one else can feel your sorrow, may it help to know others are thinking and caring about you and your family today. it is a verry difficutl time for you all and don't let the lure of AL get you

Sheepish - sorry you are having a hard time. can you think of any one particular thing that may tigger you to turn to AL- people, surroundings, exhasution, boredom. keep on plugging away....

warm regards, Diane

Comment

Good Morning BB friends

Louise- I am so sorry for your loss that must be quite a shock. Be gentle with yourself if you can. We missed you around here.

Diane and all thanks for the encouraging words-

Not much more to say- I have actually had the stomach flu for the last 4 days, it has been awful but the silver lining is i have been af. (I have been EVERYTHING free) Still a bit under the weather so signing off now

good sunday all
                          -Sheep

Comment

Good Day to all,

Man some of you guys can type...not complaining love reading them, I can just not keep it all straight in my brain to type that much? Maybe with practice...hmmm. More time on mwo...

I need short hair simply because I do not do anything to my hair, gel spray and go...me and a blow dryer..not happening.

BBQs of that magnitude would have set me off for drink prepping too, feels good to be free eh, doggy?

Hope the flu goes away today sheepish.

Had my first drinking dream, where I actually drank a beer, not my usual first choice. Not sure where I was, but did have a dentist appt. afterward and hadnt brushed or flossed. Rubbing chewing gum on my gums. I had "justified" the beer somehow and had concluded that it didnt count in my AFness. Felt awful when I woke up that I was lying to you guys and to myself..But it was just a pinko bizarre dream. And if I ever do break my AFness I will be honest with you all. After all mwo got me to be honest about al to stop!

There got some practice in...

Thanks for listening,

day 36 for me.

Comment

I have to run off - so I am just saying a quick hi and enjoyed reading everyone's posts!
                              Lila

Comment

I love reading this thread -- its so H-A-P-P-Y !! Thanks for the shout DG!! It feels great ... and you are on your way baby!!!

DG - remember the "pull through caps" that they used to sell for high lighting? Maybe you could get one of those kits and use it to add the lighter color (a few shades lighter than what you are putting everywhere) just to give it some color highlight!!

Everyone - you are doing awesome. Keep on keeping on!!
                                AF since Jan. 1, 2008 .... It all began right here

Raise your hopeful voice, you have a choice, you made it now.

(from the Movie "Once")

Comment

Working...
                                X