Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BOOZE BUSTERS-Week of 7/28-30 Day (A)bsolutely (F)abulous (H)angover (F)ree Challenge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BOOZE BUSTERS-Week of 7/28-30 Day (A)bsolutely (F)abulous (H)angover (F)ree Challenge

Thanks all for the good thoughts. It is hard trying to support my sister from 1500+ miles away, wish she was closer, but she sounded a bit better today. My husband is home and we are trying to think of something to do belatedly for our anniversary since our lovely inn on Isle of Skye had to be canceled, but that is life sometimes. I'm back on the wagon on day 2. So Sheep you are ahead of me! So sorry to hear the reason why, but you are looking on the bright side.

Your bbq sounds great DG. Mame, you are such a good friend for all you are doing to help. It must be very hard.

Hi to all. It is getting late so I'm off to bed.

Comment

I have just had a lovely hour of reading everyone's posts for this week and a few more besides.

A long day today packing up the very last of my friend's house and getting her to the airport. She didn't have a great night last night, so we were up a few times, and with everything we were both very teary and emotional today. But we have had a few very interesting conversations over the last couple of days - I think that times like these mean that you cut the crap out and say things how they really are. And I had a text from her 10 mins ago to say that she is in her new place and being well looked after.

DG - yes it is bittersweet ..... but very much the best thing for her. I'm feeling a bit orphaned at present (and some of that is about being SOOOOOOOOOO tired!), but i also know that I will wake tomorrow and feel good about things!!!

And there was a REALLY GREAT thing that happened - her son bought her a Lotto ticket (is Lotto a cross-cultural term?????!!!) last week, and we checked it at the airport today and she won $33! The money was less important than the thought that some things at least are still working in her favour!

Louise ........ my heart goes out to you. I typed a couple of sentences to try to say something meaningful, but they all sounded a bit like platitudes. But I am thinking of you and wishing you the best of success at finding an alternate anniversary celebration!!!

anyway, it is 5:30pm and I am off for some "me" time!!! I have to work out a new routine now that she has gone and all my house/office moves are over and I dont know what it will be ...... but highest on the priority list are exercise and not drinking!! I really feel like I need to start all over again with a whole lot of things. It all seems a bit daunting this minute, but the morning will be another day.

And a new thread!!!!!! (this is your cue DG!!!)
      Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

Got it Mame!! Off to start the new weekly thread!!

DG
        Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
        Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Working...
        X