August Abbercise!! GET OFF THAT SOFA!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay - hope you don't mind me jumping in - I think I need to create a log to keep track
    I sit on my exercise ball at my desk, so I should probably actually start using it at some point for situps huh?
    8/ 1 - rest
    8/2 - sprint triathlon
    8/3 - short run on beach
    8/4 - kickboxing
    8/5 - kickboxing
    8/6 & 8/7 - rest (felt fatigued)
    8/8 - kickboxing
    8/9 - boxing
    8/10 - ?

Comment

HELLO HELlo Hello, hello.....I think there is an echo in here! :b&d: :sofa: Come out come out wherever you are abbercisers!!!

Has anyone heard anything from Caysea? I'm a little worried for real now.

Doglvr, that's a great list of activities you have going for the month!

Mame? Pamina? Beck? mwo2? Marshy? I apologize for whoever is hiding SO far behind the sofa that I can't even think of your name!!!

Went to Curves today - it always feels good in a sicko sort of way (for a previously non-exercise type!) to get back in the groove on Monday. I was already dressed in my "dress up workout clothes" LOL before I found out my regular Monday meeting was cancelled. This was an XL track suit type outfit and the pants are pretty baggy now. I feel a little bad about having spent $$ on clothes I've only worn a few times, but my about losing a few inches outweighs the guilt. We are playing a dice game this week. Just two dice. Whichever employee gets their first rolls the dice and those two numbers are The Numbers for the day. You get 3 rolls to try to match those two numbers. Curves bucks are at stake. There is a reason I never go to the riverboats or Vegas to gamble. Of COURSE I did not get a match!!!!!

I guess the weigh and measure timer in the computer is set to go off every 4 weeks rather than every month. My first weigh in was 5/22 and it gets earlier each month!! I got the weigh in message today, so I will do that either Wed. or Thurs. when the same woman who has been doing my measures is working. Fingers are crossed for OK results. I know they won't be as good as last month, but every month can't be like that.

Hope everyone is having a great AF day.

DG
      Workout #105 today!
      Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
      Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

I am still here. Did my 30 minute run today and upped the pace so that I had to add an extra 1/4 mile at least. I'll start stretching out my time next week. Also did a 30 min bike ride today. So I've been busy.

Good to hear you are doing so well DG. I havent discounted the idea of going to curves. I'm good at the aerobic stuff but the weight stuff just bores me to tears!!!

Got some more work to do,
        Beck

Sometimes you get there in spite of your route, losing track of your life and what it's about, the road seems to know when to straighten right out...Mary Chapin Carpenter

Comment

:moon: My butt is lookin fine....got into some shorts Friday that had not fit before !

Sat. - worked 7 hours at little grocery store so moving and standing and lifting. ( I know not a real workout, but had to get up at 5:30)

Sun - same as Sat. but got home and mowed the yard 45 minutes, up an down a slope, moving planters to mow under, so there

Mon. - Got up and did my gazelle like the wind and did my sit-ups and arm workout total 30 min.

Plan to do same tomorrow.

Doing well still AF, just pms ing and not chatty .

Hope everyone is well.
          workout:chick:mwo2

It's my world to make now...cuz I found my way out.

Comment

Hello Abbercisers! :b&d: :sofa:
            Sobriety Date = 5/22/08

One day at a time.

Comment

I'm really enjoying my daily walks though it's hard to get the timing right with our whacko weather. I just had to lunge out into my balcony to rescue bits of laundry from a mini-shower that lasted all of 3 minutes. It was bright and breezy earlier, so I did my long newsagents loop twice. The pace wasn't too quick but it was SO relaxing!

Comment

Hi all,

I had my second yoga class today. There was lots more balancing on one leg this time (don't know the names of positions yet) and I'm not very good at that but still enjoyed it.
                Yesterday did gym and swim. I timed myself doing 50m in the pool to see how I compare to Olympic times... and I need to shave about 55 seconds off my time - and that's just one length. :H
                sigpic
                AF since December 22nd 2008
                Real change is difficult, and slow, and messy - Oliver Burkeman

Comment

Pamina, it sounds like you are getting some cool walking routes together. Must be sort of fun to look at the weather, your schedule, or whatever and decide which route to take. The vision in my head of you lunging on your balcony grabbing up laundry in a frenzy during a 3 minute storm....is pretty funny. Sometimes I wish I could record my brain images and youtube them.

Marshy, I can just feel it in my bones - you will be swimming for Gold 4 years from now. Keep workin' on that time - one hour oops I mean minute oops I mean second at a time! Hey - one of my best friends in real life was widowed young (40) and is now married again. She met her husband at the gym where she swims. I also have a funny mental youtube of you doing unknown named one legged balancing acts. Glad you are liking your yoga class! Sounds like you are getting good workouts on multiple fronts.

The weigh in and measure was awesome today. LOL though - currently my waist, abdomen and hips are shrinking at roughly the same pace. So I'm still an apple without much of a waist - just a smaller apple. It's frustrating but that will be the last area to "get proportional" so I shall just keep plugging along.

I sure do miss Caysea on this thread. I hope he's OK. Caysea, come out come out wherever you are!!!!! I love how Caysea helped us see exercise as part of a healthier, fitter lifestyle where alcohol just really doesn't fit the fitness picture. I think about that a lot while I'm on the circuit.

No luck at dice again today. No surprise. I'm looking forward to bean bag week. Now THERE is a game of true skill that I can win some Curves Bucks playing!!!! :H

:b&d::sofa: COME OUT COME OUT WHEREVER YOU ARE ABBERCISERS!!!!! If you are struggling with AL, exercise isn't magic (nor is anything else) but it really does help. It's worth the effort. Endorphins ROCK.

DG
                  27 pounds lost since 5/22
                  19 inches lost since 5/22 from chest, waist, abdomen, hips, thighs, upper arms
                  Body fat was 39.3% now 33.8%
                  YAY!!!!! Take THAT AL!!!!
                  Sobriety Date = 5/22/08

One day at a time.

Comment

DG: I have spotted a rather nice-looking fitness instructor at the gym. An extra incentive to keep going! Well done on the weight loss, that's excellent!
                    sigpic
                    AF since December 22nd 2008
                    Real change is difficult, and slow, and messy - Oliver Burkeman

Comment

DId a good 30 minute workout this morning. Isn't it great when you can start to feel your muscles working with you on your workout, rather than just the jigglyness of it all !!!

Good work everyone, hmmm marshy guess I wont meet anyone in my living room not even any eye candy! Great swimming for you.
                      DG- that apple will get peeled soon, you are going strong...good job!

gotta jump and get going,

happy AFHF day to all.

Comment

Checking in to report workout #108 DONE. mwo2, I think I know what you mean about feeling the muscles work as opposed to just the jiggle jiggle feeling. Don't get me wrong - I still have jiggling stuff! But I am really digging that feeling of the muscles at work underneath it all. I hope when my "inner fit self" emerges, she looks like Rachel Welch or something. (I am NOT delusional!! I am SANE I tell you! SANE.) No eye candy at Curves either. But given the average age - at least when I usually work out - I at least feel YOUNG.

Marshy, you are very fortunate to have some nice eye candy and dating prospects about. This is GREAT news and I cannot believe you waited so long to report this development!!!!

OK ALL YOU ABBERS OUT THERE!! Are you going to let us FEW abbercisers enjoy ALL of the endorphins??? You know we will! Just think how pea green with envy you are all going to be when us Abbercisers are strutting around not ONLY AF, but HOT HOT HOT to go with our endorphins and AFness. You will be sorry!!!! :b&d: :sofa:

DG
                        Sobriety Date = 5/22/08

One day at a time.

Comment

I still have some jiggly stuff, some of it I am blaming on gravity, and I am just as sane as Doggygirl!! It's those darn arm flaps that drive me crazy, you know the ones your son says look Mom when you drive your arms move. yeah thanks son. When I was little my twin and I used to get into great Grandmas lap and use her flaps for pillows, really ! Mine arent like that, honest!

The other sensation that I love about working out and being in healthy shape is the feeling of Tallness, I feel taller when I am working out. My muscles lengthen me and hold my frame up better. When you are walking or just standing feel how you are holding yourself, visualize your muscles holding you up...see gettin talleer already!

Comment

mwo, I can relate to the jigglies - most of mine is jigglin at the mid section. I think I somehow headed the arm flaps off at the pass - they were starting to get jiggly but I think I caught it in time. I can actually SEE bicep muscles. But lets not discuss spare tires just yet....

Today I think I had a really good workout. Sekwet Komputer says over 400 calories burned. Since tomorrow will be 80% day, and Sunday is my day off, I just wanted to go at it as hard as I could. I think a really good sign is that these days, I'm very confident that I can push as hard as I can and NOT go over a safe heart rate level. I had to be a bit cautious about that earlier on.

No dice on the dice game today. I think I neglected to mention however, that I got the two numbers on my FIRST roll yesterday netting me $5 Curves Bucks. Don't worry - I do not believe my luck has changed at games of chance. I believe I stepped in line in front of somebody when I rolled - somebody else who lost their lucky roll to moi.

I cleaned up my undie drawer yesterday (don't fantasize - I'm too old for that lacy stuff!). I can't believe how many different sizes were in there. I got rid of the too big ones, and sorted out the "way to small", "too small", "almost" and "fits." Sadly, my boobs are shrinking faster than my ass. And my ass is shrinking faster than my belly. But I guess we can't have everything we want...right??

Abbercising rocks. So many endorphins, so few of us enjoying them. :b&d: :sofa:

DG
                            Sobriety Date = 5/22/08

One day at a time.

Comment

oh, I've been bad. no cardio in too long. Too many days of driving all over the place, then jumping on the computer. arg! must at least go for a walk after dinner tonight.

keep up the good work you all!
                              nosce te ipsum
                              (Know Thyself)

Comment

Actually, there currently IS NO SOFA! New ones will arrive Monday, the old ones were taken by charity earlier this week. I am riding my bike most days, walking best I can on problem joints, gardening. Picked blueberries today.
                                My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Working...
                                X