Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Monday - August 4th

Good Morning Abbers!

I am refreshed and raring to go after an awesome camping weekend with just my 2 boyz and 9 other dads and their kids. Everyone left their respective roles as parents and kids at home which allowed for some very relaxing time and open discussions on just about everything. Kids are really a blast to talk to on an open level and can really surprise you if you just let them know you are listening. Already looking forward to next year!

Have a great AF day today everyone...yes we can!

4tb
    Is Addiction Really a Disease?
    Watch this and find out....
    http://youtu.be/ekDFv7TTZ4I

Monday - August 4th

Good Golly Miss Molly!!

Am I only the second to post today? It is 4:42 here!!

Where is everyone?

I am doing great. I had my second Lenair session today and the jury is still out but feeling wonderful!!

I saw Janie, who drove all the way up here to meet me and put up with me and my folks. That was wonderful!! She has an amazing sense of humor. I loved it!!

Hope all to come (Det, DG, Janice, Beck, Mary??) have a wonderful day.

Much love,
    Cindi
    AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Monday - August 4th

thats is awesome 4theboys and yes it does feel really good just to open with my sons too ..everything is getting better as time goes on
      :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
      best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

Monday - August 4th

Evening everyone.

Good to hear people had a good weekend.

I'm doing a lot better today so thought I'd post. I have been suffering from panic attacks for the last month or so which is really wearing on the spirit but I am absolutley determined to stay sober.

You would all have been proud of me last week. I was out to dinner with one of my friends who is nearly as big a drinker as I was. She felt uncomfortable the waiters knowing she was drinking the whole bottle of wine herself. So we didn't stop them pouring a glass which sat untouched in front of me until she had finished the rest of the bottle and then she drank that one too. I wasn't at all tempted because I felt in control. She was actually quite pleased that it was a quiet night, since I wasn't drinking she didn't hit the port.

I never actually want a drink but I often want to be drunk. Particularly after a panic attack when I just want to feel nothing at all. But I know that feelings are just an ordinary part of living and if I just keep at it life will get easier.

Am also currently working my way through the AA book 'Living Sober' full of good ideas even if you are not a fan of AA. I'll take any help I can get.

I'm off to bed now. Hope everyone has a brilliant day.

Keep well
        Learn from yesterday, live for today and hope for tomorrow - Einstein
        AF 8 June 2012

Comment

Monday - August 4th

Aug 4 is day 1 for me..

Day 1 for me again (bad weekend)

I came from the Need Help ASAP thread and was told I could start here today...even though I screwd up last week. I wrote a similar post there but just want to say hello to everyone and hope everyone is doing well.
          Would love to chat sometime...

"It's funny but I had some type of "moment of clarity" today. I really saw my daughter and realized just how important it is for me to stay sober and be in tune with what is going on with her life. She needed to talk to me tonight and although she did not say anything.,I was perseptive enough to KNOW she had something on her mind, Had I been drinking...I would have been in my own self absorbed world and would have missed the opportunity to be there for her, She is going to be 13 and DESERVES a sober mother! So today I begin again...day 1....of hopefully many~"

Comment

Monday - August 4th

whew! I'm here Cindi! better late then never eh? been a very big day and so glad to be home finally.
            4thBz, and Tlrgs, so glad you got some quality time with your boys, that's fantastic!

Loppy, have you looked into med's and/or supplements to help with anxiety? there's quite a bit of help our there for it. hope you find something that works for you.

Amethyst, nice to have you here. see you on chat soon! i love chat. I'm on usually every night...sometimes pretty late.

be well everyone!
            nosce te ipsum
            (Know Thyself)

Comment

Working...
            X