Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tuesday - August 5th - Daily Thread

Good Morning Abbers,

I know you're out there people!! It's not easy abstaining *that* I know! But if you put your mind to it, give it a little bit of attitude and conviction, it all becomes just that much easier. It also helps to know there are many others here who take one step, one day at a time. One day becomes two and then who knows...just maybe we get to 3 days or better yet 3 weeks. It takes time to get there, to get past the lure of the bottle, but boy is it worth it.

Just thinking out loud for a moment here and I hope everyone has a great AF day today!
    Is Addiction Really a Disease?
    Watch this and find out....
    http://youtu.be/ekDFv7TTZ4I

Top of the Tuesday AB-aroooos!

nice kick start 4TB, and I can dig your jive bro. (hey, whatever happened to jive? hmmmmm...)

anyway, nice cool morning here with some cloud cover which is a nice change.

had a VERY big busy day yesterday and it's nice to be home today. Ive found that listening to healthful audio CD's while driving really makes a long drive a ton more palatable. I'm listening to 'a new Earth' by Eckhart Tolle for about the 5th time now...still get new things on every listen. I also like Dr Weil and Dr Oz....wonder if they have audio books? hmmm.

hope you all have a stimulating and healthy day

be well
    nosce te ipsum
    (Know Thyself)

Comment

Morning all...I'm all over the boards these days! Thanks for the pep talk 4TB's, I will take it to heart.

Miss you Mary...hope all is ok with you?

Can't wait to hear from Cindi. Today is her last session with Lenair.

Have a great AF day all to come. Today is my cancer doggies 11th birthday and I will not drink in her honour!

R2C
      Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall. --Confucius
      :h

Comment

Hi all and thanks 4tbz for getting the daily thread off to a good start today. Your words of wisdom make sense!! I have lots of catching up to do around here, but 4tbz I did read your post from yesterday about the camping trip with many dads and sons. That sounds wonderful - so good that the boys felt like they could talk openly.

Deter - your post is now making me wonder if the library has audio books. I'm really liking having a library card again, especially since figuring out how to reserve stuff and renew stuff on-line! I'm spending a fair amount of time in the car these days driving back and forth to visit Dad and audio books might be a great addition. Thanks for the good idea, and glad they are making YOUR travels more peaceful. Sounds like you are enjoying the weather relief too. Please say hi to Dx!!

R2C, happy birthday to your doggy!

Hello to all absters yet to come. Off to get my hair cut now!! I always let it go way too long between cuts. It will feel good to have my bangs out of my eyeballs!

DG
        Day 76 AFHF
        Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
        Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Evening all,

Had another good day, at this rate I'll soon be up with the dawn being irritatingly cheerful again!

97 days and counting.

Thanks for the advice yesterday Deter but I am trying to do this without drugs. My doctor is keeping a watchful eye over me so I should be ok. I just need to learn how to do everything all over again and at this stage it is a bit scary. Have set myself quite a big social challenge for tomorrow evening. I am currently looking forward to it, rather than dreading it so that's an improvement as well.

The audio tapes are a good idea. I must get some to block out all the mobile phones on the trains. I know far too many intimate details of strangers lives just because I've sat next to them on my commute. They must realise you can hear them! Is there a word for verbal exhibitionism?

4tbz you sound in great form.

To all to follow hope your day has been good.

Take care
          Learn from yesterday, live for today and hope for tomorrow - Einstein
          AF 8 June 2012

Comment

Is there a word for verbal exhibitionism?

hahahahahahaha. I dunno but that is funny!
            nosce te ipsum
            (Know Thyself)

Comment

Hello all - good to be back on the boards - was travelling for work in 3 different cities last week and have just been trying to catch up. I did my first triathlon of the year on Saturday and felt great - even though I walked for about a quarter of the run part (I think my brother must have been laughing at me).

I've been trying to catch up on posts but everyone is sounding strong, and always getting back up on the horse when they fall off.

Det - Thanks for the chat last week.
              :thanks:

Comment

Working...
              X