Tuesday 12 August

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tuesday 12 August

I'm busy today but popping in for a minute anyway.

Enuf, you are welcome here. This thread is particularly wonderful!!! We are serious about getting and staying well here. I know MWO can seem like the Wild West at times. Good luck to you.

Det, I've got a bit of a cold/sinus thing going on today - I used to drink during these times too.

Char - Italy without wine!!! You are amazing. Truly. Watching your new DIL must have been worrying. An awful lot of what you said sounds so familiar. Personally I was always the last out the door when we went anywhere. (Hid a bottle in the bathroom). I too wonder why I still come back here with a (mere) 6 months sober. I think it does help to see that others are winning - sometimes struggling...sometimes sailing throught their AF time. I don't have people around who get this and frankly I'm not willing to share my experience with them. I'm sure you'll get more chances to see your new DIL in her more familiar surroundings...you will know what to do.

Welcome Polar Bear!!!

Can't address everyone individually today...goood luck to all of you starting out or starting over on this AF path.

Be well,
    Beck

Sometimes you get there in spite of your route, losing track of your life and what it's about, the road seems to know when to straighten right out...Mary Chapin Carpenter

Comment

Tuesday 12 August

Hi again and welcome to all the new and also "revitalized" Monthly abbers.

Mary, we probably should start a thread for people who are dealing with aging parent issues so we can share information and sometimes just have a shoulder to cry on! I can't imagine having to stay for the weekend in an empty apartment. I know it will take a lot of strength to stay AF Mary, but I KNOW you can do this. You will go in with a plan - you know how. :l because this stuff can be so difficult to deal with under any circumstances.

Charlee, it's so nice to see you back. I'm really sorry to hear about the observations of your DIL. The signs are not good. I will keep hope in my heart that somehow it was just "honeymoon party time" and that things don't carry on to that degree at home. But I understand why you are concerned...

4tbz, your comment about the Cubs game reminded me of a time years ago (before the lights at Wrigley!) when I worked in the loop. I was a sales person so had some flexibility in coming and going from the office. Among the sales crew, there was a code on Friday mornings in the summer.... "where you goin' for lunch?" "I was thinking about hot dogs. Wanna go for a hot dog?" Of course that meant sneaking out to the ballgame all afternoon for (maybe) a hot dog and LOTS of beer. In the bleachers usually. No wonder I ended up with a drinking problem. Glad you are able to go enjoy those games AF!!!

Polar Bear, congrats on Day 1 and welcome to Monthly Abs.

Guy and Arial and Beck it's great to see you guys of course! (welcome Arial)

Det - sorry you are traveling with a cold. Yuck.

Enuf, congratulations on your almost year of sobriety. Count me in as another one who hopes you will stick around and share your wisdom. A few of us who post in some of the Monthly Abs section threads are approaching 90 - 100 days. Any special words of advice? (that goes for the rest of you guys too!!!!!!!)

I'm glad to be sober and hangover free today. In the old days I would be quite tipsy by now, and I would be asleep WAY before the Women's Gymnastics Team Final got underway about 9:30PM my time this evening. Might sound like a small thing, but it's those small things that really add up to big benefits of AFHF.

Have a great rest of the day all!

DG
      Day 83 AFHF
      Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
      Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Working...
      X