Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BOOZE BUSTERS-Week of 8/18 30 Day (A)bsolutely (F)abulous (H)angover (F)ree Challenge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BOOZE BUSTERS-Week of 8/18 30 Day (A)bsolutely (F)abulous (H)angover (F)ree Challenge

Doggygirl;390578 wrote: the value of sobriety during difficult times is priceless.
    I love this. You and other people here going through bad experiences and staying sober are setting a great example to me. Nothing particularly bad has happened to me since going AF and when I read what some people are dealing with I wonder how I'd be coping if I were in their shoes. But several people here are showing that sobriety is making them stronger.

Yes, Michael Phelps was here with his big flipper feet today at a shindig outside Buckingham Palace to celebrate the Olympics handover. My cycle route to work goes past the new stadium for 2012. Well, I say "stadium", it's actually lots of bulldozers and mounds of earth at the moment and they have to stop work occasionally because they unearth an unexploded bomb from the Second World War, but I'm sure it'll come together eventually!

Louise, pondering is good! We need to figure out what's best for us.
    sigpic
    AF since December 22nd 2008
    Real change is difficult, and slow, and messy - Oliver Burkeman

Comment

Hi all.

Well, I may have spoken too soon. The hopeful side of me is saying "she's just getting tired..." Kimba's better leg is not holding up so well this afternoon. Please keep sending those good vibes because we really really need 'em.

WIP - you probably would have liked the meeting I went to. The facilitator (8 years sober) is definitely not rigid in his view of the SMART plan or any other plan. Whatever works. I will say that meeting with people who have years of sobriety under their belts, and who definitely recommend some of the SMART tools was good. There is not a nutritional component to the SMART system, so we had a brief but interesting discussion about the potential benefits of combining aspects of MWO and SMART to good effect. The co-founder of this particular group actually left awhile back in pursuit of the 7 Weeks to Sobriety program which has a strong nutritional component. I know most of you also look at the Monthly Abs daily thread - I mention the homework for the week there.

WIP how is your Mom today?

louise I think your pondering is a very good thing. All of us have had some degree of problems related to drinking - at least I think that's safe to assume since we are here. So it makes sense that any decision to drink in moderation SHOULD be carefully considered. Since you have been able to drink one day only out of 10 (I have NOT been successful there!) it makes sense that you are taking a close look at things. PLEASE check in to say hi!!

Marshy thank you for sharing the details about The Michael Phelps Fabulous Flipper Feet Fling. (where's the barfing smilie!!) Wow - that is interesting about finding unexploded stuff from WWII where the new stadiums are being built!! You have to keep us up to date on the doings with that. I seriously can't imagine dealing with the Dad situation or the dog situation while drinking. Actually, I HAVE(not) dealt with situations in the past while drinking, and it ain't pretty. I am NOT able to be "there" for myself or my loved ones. I couldn't be counted on in a pinch. I like knowing that I can be trusted to be "available" now. Marshy, I HOPE nothing bad comes along for you ever, or at least any time soon. But if it does, I have a feeling that you will be the same way - glad to be sober even though you might have some strong drinking thoughts.

Anyway...gotta run but wanted to check in again.

DG
      Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
      Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

See the Booze Busters Thread for the Week of 8/25!!!

DG
        Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
        Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Working...
        X