Aug. 31 - Sun. - Daily Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just got back from walking my dog w/my friend. Who would have thought I could walk my dog at 8 am on a Sun. morning wo/a hangover or all-consuming guilt. That's just another thing to feel grateful about being abs.

My kids & g-kids are coming for Sun. dinner later. I told them to bring a bottle of wine if they want it, & I'll have them bring it home when they leave. I can manage doing the meal sober, but I do not want the wine in the house.

I hope all is well. I feel more committed daily, but I know how the urges can strike when we least expect.

Mary
    Wisdom, Courage, Strength
    October 3, 2012

Hi Mary and all to come!!

Mary I'm with you on how WONDERFUL it is to be up early on a Sunday (or any day, but especially Sunday!) with NO hangover and already busy enjoying the day and getting things done.

I have been suzy chef yesterday and this morning makin' up the dinner to take to Mom & Dad's. Here's the menu so you can be jealous.

Country Style Ribs
    Home Make BBQ Sauce so it's much lower carb than store bought and tastey too. (I found out about a secret ingredient!!)
    Home Made Cole Slaw - low carb too!
    Grandma's Green beans (and also yellow beans this time - with bacon and onion)
    Cantalope
    Flourless chocolate cake - low carb of course
    Whipped Cream - home made and low carb

I could never have pulled that all off and STILL had time to go to a SMART face to face meeting before we have to leave for Mom & Dad's while drinking. No way.

Life is good. If any newbies are reading this thread, please take heart and have hope. It is difficult in the beginning to kick alcohol. But once you get past the WORST stage in the early days, your world opens up to you again. No matter how much I WANT to drink on occassion, I DON'T want to drink even more.

DG
    Day 102
    Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
    Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Mornng all
      Mary thank you for starting us off, DG your menu sound scrumptous...enjoy your visit with Mom and Dad......I too am having a very productive a.m......canned tomatoes, and fried/froze my eggplant (which makes such a kitchen mess)...All cleaned up and ready to do some errands......Beautiful weekend weather here in the northeast, plan to get out and enjoy this afternoon.
      Hope everyone has a great day...
      sobriety date 11-04-07

Comment

Happy sunday ABerooooooooos!!!

glorious windy sunny day here in my house with flushing toilets (back from camp obviously)
        think I might zip off to the shooting range for a bit and sight in some new optics.

Mary, so glad you are being cautious and looking after YOU.
        Top of the morning Charlee,

I'm going to just relax today and slowly do some unpacking of the trailer when I'm good and caffeined-up

Be well friends

Doggygirl, you've made me super hungry now and you MUST post your secret sauce ingredient!!!!
        nosce te ipsum
        (Know Thyself)

Comment

DG: Your menu sounds great! You sound great! I'm so glad you come to this thread every day...I really look forward to reading your words. You are so right. Abs is so much better than drunk (there's no in between for me). I not only get more done, I'm actually much more relaxed (it's such a misconception for me that drinking helps me relax).

Mary
          Wisdom, Courage, Strength
          October 3, 2012

Comment

Mary,

I have found in this last year that drinking definitely does not make me relax, it makes me blackout.

No ifs and or buts.

Sober today and grateful for it.

Love,
            Cindi
            AF April 9, 2016

Comment

blacking out is a rather extreme form of relaxation!

grateful here as well
              nosce te ipsum
              (Know Thyself)

Comment

Det,

Yeah, that's me. Anything worth doing is worth over doing.

Glad you had fun at Burning Man!!

Love,
                Cindi
                AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Working...
                X