i'm too serious

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i'm too serious

1967 you are not boring buddy, you are making me laugh at this early hour in the UK. :H
    I will look forward to hearing how you are doing later in the week.
    Best wishes
    Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
    Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

i'm too serious

1967;397431 wrote:
      i think i need to look at this as i'm just at the beginning of this new phase in my life... at the very beginning. which is pretty cool actually...
      hey... how do u guys add ur quotes at the bottom of the posts?
      i want to add 'af since... whenever... i'll check my calendar"
      thank u all!!!
      That's a GREAT way to look at it and so TRUE!! The world is your oyster.

To add a signature (the stuff at the bottom of every post you make):

Towards the top of the screen on the left hand side pick "User CP."

Then on the menu going down the left side of the screen pick "Edit Signature."

Fill in whatever you want and save it. Voila!!

DG
      Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
      Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

i'm too serious

this morning i looked in the mirror and hardly recognized the person standing there.
        even when i wasn't drinking all the time in nyc i was not the same as now. i look different, i feel different... i guess i must be different?
        i look in the mirror and i don't need to reprimand myself.
        this is ggggoooodddd.....

i'm even loosing weight! my eyes are clear... the circles under them are lighter.
        i'm still cranky in the morning but i don't feel like puking... another plus.

good day all.

Comment

i'm too serious

Hi All
          I know what you mean about feeling serious about life but I think that comes with the mind set that you have to have in the beginning of stopping the al abuse.I agree with DG that after 70 --100 days AF you seem to have a change .It is not about the stopping the drinking but about living a sober life.That is what I am enjoying now.It is going back to the person I was before al got out of control.Enjoying the things I used to do and trying new experiences without having to be buzzed.Along with this is also a feeling of being uncomfortable in certain situations but I am learning to accept this.I will be joining clubs that have the same interests that I do.In order to meet people that I have more in common with than just drinking.This is uncomfortable for me meeting new people but if I don't want to be a prisoner in my house it will be the next step for me in living a sober and FUN life.
          It just occurred to me that when I am with old friends I am serious and I think that's because I have to be in my fight mode against al. Someone is always offering me a drink not knowing the reason I don't anymore.When I have met new people and they offer me a drink and I decline it is no big deal to them or me.
          Stay Healthy and Keep Fighting
          AF 5-16-08

Comment

i'm too serious

i went for a walk after work.
            that's out in the world right?
            i ran some errands but that doesn't count. i do it so fast expressly to avoid talking to strangers.
            i should hire myself out as the fastest errand runner in town... i'd make a fortune!

Comment

i'm too serious

caysea;397781 wrote: Hi All
              It just occurred to me that when I am with old friends I am serious and I think that's because I have to be in my fight mode against al. Someone is always offering me a drink not knowing the reason I don't anymore.When I have met new people and they offer me a drink and I decline it is no big deal to them or me.
              Caysea, a light bulb turned on in my head when I read that. VEREE interesting as always.

DG
              Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
              Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Working...
              X