Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

September Abbercise - GET OFF THAT SOFA!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

on my way;411376 wrote: After a fulfilling day of cleaning up barf and poop, the little voice creeps into my head, it says?. ?Sure, you deserve a glass or 4 of wine? so I popped my L-glut and hopped on the tread mill. I ran 3 miles at a 7.5 mile pace and listened to some metal. MAN do I feel better. How it is, some kids can?t throw up without loosing control of the other end too.

omw
    way to go, OMW!!!

Dogs, do that, too. And cats.

I've been doing vigils at a hospital with my mother, too tired to make myself find time to work out, till today, got in a good walk. I think I only missed 1 or maybe 2 days, actually. Before that it was raining steadily for several days and I've been on the treadmill and the spinner at least 25-30 minutes every day.

Good question DG about injuries and alternatives... I have a rowing machine in addition to the others. I hate swimming, and would choose that last... but would really feel the need to choose SOMETHING, even if it's swimming, because it's so important to my own sobriety.

wip

Comment

Was feeling very bitchy by the end of the yesterday. Took a kiddo to soccer practice and ran the trails at the pitch. I ran for an hour...whatever that amounted to. One of the soccer Moms asked me what I was doing?? I wanted to say Duh.... I smiled and said I was going to leave my inner "B" at the soccer pitch. She smiled knowingly.

At any rate, exercise saves. Last February I would have returned home and got smashed. Yesterday, I ran, retuned home, took a melatonin and went to bed SOBER.

Omw
      Was an alcoholic yesterday, an alcoholic today and will still be an alcoholic tomorrow..... but I'm in charge now!

Comment

Going to bed sober: It sure beats falling into bed drunk & sleeping fitfully all night long. Even when it's hard to fall asleep (sober) & I'm up until the wee hours, that sure beats the awful sleep I get when I pass out in bed. Mary
        Wisdom, Courage, Strength
        October 3, 2012

Comment

I know I am a little late, but can I join?
          Striving to live life without ALCOHOL

Comment

Keeta, You Bet! Glad you're here!! omw
            Was an alcoholic yesterday, an alcoholic today and will still be an alcoholic tomorrow..... but I'm in charge now!

Comment

Hi All
              Sorry i haven't posted in a few days.Still continuing with my tennis workouts and bike ridding.Worked out with pro and my buddies on Monday.Very intense effort put in by all which makes for a great workout.I am playing in a league that starts next week which should be very competitive.Tues and wed had good hits with my workout partners and Thur had a 2 hour match.The workouts are paying off I am seeing my physical fitness level getting much better.
              Their is a century bike ride in November that I am planning on doing so my weekends revolve around rides from 25 to 35 miles.Will be upping the distance weekly.Find the biking so enjoyable compared to the competitive aspect of tennis it is a nice break and is still helping my fitness level for tennis.
              My life now centers around day time activities that I see as positive lifestyle changes.I am over 4 months AF and enjoying life the way I used to before al took over.It is easier for me now than the first 10 days but I know I can't let my guard down
              Stay Healthy and Keep Fighting
              Stay Healthy and Keep Fighting
              AF 5-16-08

Comment

whew! heavy duty workout last night. feeling good to be so sore
                I'm a glutton for punishment what can I say.

so hows the crew?
                nosce te ipsum
                (Know Thyself)

Comment

My kids are driving me nuts, the anxiety makes my chest hurt. I might have to take another bike ride today, better than the alternative.

omw

Comment

I haven't posted here since August, I think. I returned to my job at a school after Labor Day. I ride my bike to work, about a mile. Two weeks ago, I started taking the longer route home, 5-6 miles depending just what way I go.
                    My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Working...
                    X