here again but this time i am going straight for this forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hi everyone hope its ok to jump straight in here. after 6 years of having a drink problem i am getting at my wits end to try and sort it. i drink every 3,4,5 or six days but when i do i cant stop and just lately the consequences of that have been awful for my husband and 2 girls. i have to stop but i know it will only happen if i go about it differently. so first i will log on here every day and i am also going to go to aa. just a short post today as i am so upset with myself but i will log on tomorrow.

ggxx

Welcome GG. Glad you are back. Try not to beat yourself up anymore just to move forward with better choices.
    take care and hear from you soon
    Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
    Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Welcome Back,
      It sounds like you have made a big committment and I wish you the best. I look forward to getting to know you. Kriger
      "People usually fail when they are on the verge of success. So give as much care to the end as to the beginning." Lao-Tzu

Comment

So glad you've come here!! Sounds like you're committed. I know my family...especially my kids help solidify my commitment, sounds like you're in the same boat

omw
        Was an alcoholic yesterday, an alcoholic today and will still be an alcoholic tomorrow..... but I'm in charge now!

Comment

Garden Girl,

Have you considered Antabuse?

I know it is draconian but it does keep me sober and I am a hardcore alkie who has a hard time string long time together.

You might want to read the Antabuse thread.

Also, if your husband gives it to you and sees you swallow it, he can leave the house knowing there is no way you can drink at all while he is gone. (Actually, after a few days of Antabuse, it builds up to the point where you can't drink for about two weeks!!)

I am almost at my 30 days, on the 11th of Sept, and I know for a fact that without Antabuse, it is very likely I would not have been able to get this far.

I truly understand this horrible addiction, Garden Girl. It is horrible.

Just thought I would share about the Antabuse.

Love,
          Cindi
          AF April 9, 2016

Comment

welcome back and give it your all .. do your best .. and yes keep coming back
            :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
            best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

Hi GG
              Sounds like you are a binge drinker. I was too. Like you I would drink every 3/4/5 days but the gap between binges was narrowing. I personally think the program is great for binge drinkers as we are used to some AF time in between binges and the triggers are not all the time every day. I followed the program as best I could - read the book, got the supplements and the kudzu and posted and came on chat a lot in the first 30 days. The big thing though was changing my habits around trigger times. If you give the program a real go I am sure you will find it great.
              BH (no more)

Comment

GG,
                I too was a binge drinker. Working this program and AA have saved my life. You deserve a better life. Fight for it!
                Forever loved, forever missed Papa Bear

Comment

yo gg dont be upset your here,thats all tht maters your back, we as som hav said, are strong together welcom im here for u, as many others gyco

Comment

thanks for all your replies will be back on tomorrow much love

gg xx

Comment

GG: I too was a binge drinker. It took me 1.5 years to realize that I CANNOT drink like a normal person. This is a great forum, & the daily thread & boozebuster thread are great incentives. Keep coming & sharing. Mary
                      Wisdom, Courage, Strength
                      October 3, 2012

Comment

Welcome back GG! WE CAN DO THIS!! Freedom rocks.

DG
                        Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                        Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Hi GG. Awsome avatar. Another binger here, who could go a week, maybe more without booze, but then me and Miss white wine would get together for a serious session. Look forward to hearing from you.
                          To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

So glad you're here!
                            During my first week AF, I happened to stumble upon some inspirational jewelry. One of the items I bought was a pocket prayer coin says Think of others. I keep it in my pocket and am reminded several times a day of how my drinking/non-drinking affects my family. My life with my children is SOOOOO much better! We are closer than ever and I'm so happy for this site and MWO. Please stick around. We'll be here for you. :l
                            You, as much as anyone in the universe, deserve your love and respect. ~ Buddha

Comment

GG: There are a couple of threads started by Doggy Girl that are really great. I read them sometimes when I want inspiraton. They are:
                              -What I hate about drinking.
                              -What I love about not drinking.
                              (paraphrasing).

My life is so much better now that I've realized that sobriety is the route for me.
                              -honesty
                              -integrity
                              -freedom

Mary
                              Wisdom, Courage, Strength
                              October 3, 2012

Comment

Working...
                              X