Wednesday Sept 10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wednesday Sept 10

It late...10:15 here. I hope I don't cross with someone else starting the thread

My server was down yesterday, now that was a serious problem for me....computer with drawl.

It's a great day, a sober day, a no hangover day!!

No big plans, do a little garden clean up and a bit of house work. No cravings to speak of, can this get any better??

Happy sober day to all!

omw
    Was an alcoholic yesterday, an alcoholic today and will still be an alcoholic tomorrow..... but I'm in charge now!

Wednesday Sept 10

OMW: We were posting at the same time, so there are 2 dailies. That's fine. I'll try to past mine here. Mary
    Wisdom, Courage, Strength
    October 3, 2012

Comment

Wednesday Sept 10

Hi Everyone:

I couldn't let a day go by wo/the daily thread, so here it is. I'm not sure about any words of wisdom. I think that I just feel a sense of gratitude that I'm sober, & I just have to hold on to that feeling. I know that the minute I drink, all that positivity is washed away.

We are hosting some social events in Sept. & Oct., but I'm not going to worry about them. I'll make a plan & act accordingly. I must just remember that I'm not a social drinker. I'm an alcoholic & must not drink at all.

Take care one & all.

Mary
      October 3, 2012

Comment

Wednesday Sept 10

I did it! Mary
        October 3, 2012

Comment

Wednesday Sept 10

Happy Wed ABeroos!

Mary happy for you hon.

OMW thanks for the nice kickstart.

I too am very grateful. My life has little pain and trouble now...just the healthy bumps and bruises of a clear life actually being lived.

sore as heck from last nights return to the martial arts gym....feels great.

Tiny, you hanging in there? let us know how you're doing

be well friends and all to come
          nosce te ipsum
          (Know Thyself)

Comment

Wednesday Sept 10

I'm here ... slowly but surely... dealing with some reationship issues as well with my man... is it me or does everything happen at once?
            Tiny

Comment

Wednesday Sept 10

Oh -- I need to point out that I came back to this thread because Mary always offers inspiration and solid advice ... Mary ... thank you for all that you do for us!
              Tiny

Comment

Wednesday Sept 10

Hang in there Tiny, as time passes and the fog clears situations will improve, at least they did for me. BTW, love the doggie!!
                omw
                Was an alcoholic yesterday, an alcoholic today and will still be an alcoholic tomorrow..... but I'm in charge now!

Comment

Wednesday Sept 10

Yep, I agree, Mary has wise advise.

Comment

Wednesday Sept 10

Hello Abbers,

Doing great here AF-wise. No cravings, urges, thoughts, etc. I, too, love it!!

Am dealing with some physical issues. Have to get a spinal tap on Sep 22 because some abnormalities in the MRI. (2 lesions consistent with MS)

However, doc says not to worry. I am too old to get MS.

Just like drinking, though, I am taking this health stuff ODAT. I can't worry about tomorrow, just today. So, I am pretty upbeat.

Glad all are doing well. Tiny, things do get better. So much better it is unbelievable. No, life still throws the curve balls but somehow they just don't seem as difficult to hit when you are sober.

Yes, Mary gives great advice.

Love,
                    Cindi
                    AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Wednesday Sept 10

Thank you all for the kind words. There are times I definitely DON'T feel like any kind of sage or role model. I think we all need each other, as we're all struggling w/the same demon.

I still shake my head in wonder that even thought I feel 110% better about myself, I've still given in & slipped. The brain just seems to want to do the same thing over & over. I'm on a pretty good roll & won't break it NO MATTER WHAT HAPPENS!

It's so good to see old friends here at the daily thread. I count on this on a daily basis.

Take care one & all, Mary
                      October 3, 2012

Comment

Wednesday Sept 10

Cindi, what a great attitude! hope all goes very well.
                        nosce te ipsum
                        (Know Thyself)

Comment

Working...
                        X